It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Become a Ufologist??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have read some posts that people have posted and they say that there are not any schools that offer UFOLOGY degrees. This is not true. I got my Ph.d from this website. www.metaphysicsinstitute.org... I have my doctor of metaphysics degree but my major was UFOLOGY. Please check out this school. It is affordable.

Ufologists can make money if they become writers or if they make DVDs and sell them. Some Ufologists create websites and charge money to become members. Usually we have to work a regular 9-5 job to make ends meet.

Hopefully you find this information useful.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

This thread was very helpfull I want to be an UFO investigator, But my experience is just 4 years in the US Army, and im going to school for video game design... So could my finding still be credible?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
20 years ago I loved UFO the most.
I read ever stories. and they were all the same!
but now! it is all totally fantasy.
they use't to say the people who believe it ufo’s were crazy.
now they believe them And they Are Crazy !
what I am saying is the stories are the same
is because the had truth in them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
To my knowledge a scientific degree or any degree for that matter is not requiered to become a ufologist. Like an other ATS-member said, a Phd will boost your credibility. It would be a sad world if you can and should belief whatever a Phd has to say on the UFO matter.

Time will tell if your conclusions and analises on certain UFO matters will be appreciated by the 'in-crowd' and interested people. Your succes (read income) will depend on it. Mingle among the die hards on conferences, show yourself and speak your mind as often as possible.

The quickest way to become a succesful and respected ufologist is to come up with an extra-ordinairy theory or able to produce some mindblowing research results. Something ala Von Daniken....but that will be a hard one.

As soon as you make your first buck on the subject you got promoted from amature to proffesional ufologist.

Anyways....good luck on your quest.

edit on 3/9/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeetroyman
Can anyone post how to seriously become a ufologist?

I think all you need to do is say you're a UFOlogist, and BAMO! You're a UFOlogist.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corsair571

I get reports that very from ordinary people walking down the street and military officials even police officers. Every report that comes in is still credible. Any UFOLOGIST or even UFO investigators will tell you that everyone is a credible witness or reporter or investigator until proven to be incompetent or to be a fraud or a hoax.

I hope this answers your question.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yes a Phd will boost your credibility for the simple fact that you have been trained to look at UFO reports from different angles. In order to be a good UFOLOGIST you need to look at things from a skeptics point and a believers point. A Phd also shows people that you have studied this material and know what you are talking about. There are so many things that people will try to use against you these days and the more knowledge that you have about this line of work the less they have on you. A novice UFOLOGIST will encounter a lot of grief in this field. Once I first started I had no degree and many witnesses did not want to talk to me, they wanted someone with experience and who had taken reports like this before.

I would also suggest joining MUFFON since they also train their investigators. I am also a member and active field agent with them.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincent2012
I have read some posts that people have posted and they say that there are not any schools that offer UFOLOGY degrees. This is not true. I got my Ph.d from this website. www.metaphysicsinstitute.org... I have my doctor of metaphysics degree but my major was UFOLOGY. Please check out this school. It is affordable.

Ufologists can make money if they become writers or if they make DVDs and sell them. Some Ufologists create websites and charge money to become members. Usually we have to work a regular 9-5 job to make ends meet.

Hopefully you find this information useful.

I all of the sudden want to obtain a Ph.D in ufology now just to be able to use the Dr. prefix.
How long did it take you to obtain your Ph.D? What were the classes like?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensitive Driving

It depends on how fast you work. This school wants you to complete all of the required classes in a 2 year time frame. The classes aren't as hard as most people think. I completed my degree in exactly 9 months, but it depends on how determined you are to complete the degree and how much experience you have in the field. I started investigating UFO reports at the age of 12 and have been ever since. That is a total of 9 years in the field. The instructor is the same for all courses. He is very nice and will work individually with students either by phone or email. I always recommend this school because the time frame is all based on how fast you learn. All 3 degrees, bachelor, master and doctorate degree, are paid for at once for a little over 1,210.00. No school offers that these days. You will learn all of the information that a competent investigator needs to know.

I hope this answers your question.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join