It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Tomb found in Grand Canyon USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
(I have no idea how reliable this news source is. They quote a story from a paper that is probably credible so I am going to go ahead and post this story for ya'll.)

www.raidersnewsnetwork.com...

This is old information but it may be NEWS to many people here. I was very surprised when I read about this.

An Egyptian tomb was found in the Grand Canyon back in April of 1909, At the time of the discovery it was hailed as a HUGE find. A tomb, carved into solid rock by human hands that traced back to Rameses complete with hieroglyphics etc. The Smithsonian was in charge of the exploration and Professor S.A. Jordan was director. The tomb was a mile underground through a tunnel and about 1480 feet below the earths surface. Several hundred rooms were discovered.
In these rooms were articles that have not ever been known as native to this country.

In addition to the tomb, some believed that it was used as a military barracks for the soldiers with rooms further into the underworld for the main communal dwellings of the families. Ventilation with a steady draught blowing through indicates that it has another outlet to the surface.

Many of the rock formations in the area have been given Eqyptian names. The park service says that the explorers just happened to like Egypt, but there could definitely be more to it than that simple answer.

The entire area is part of a zone that is off limits to people. No one is allowed in that area. The park says it is a dangerous place and that is why. However, it could very well be something that the Smithsonean and/or the government wants to keep under wraps.

There is more, MUCH MORE, to this story. Read the article.

www.raidersnewsnetwork.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One guy's look into this...

jcolavito.tripod.com...

"From: Smithsonian Information

new topics

join