It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on terror to last 30 years!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This set's the scene for making the wars in Iraq and Afganistan an occupation rather than withdrawing troops in the near future.

News source.

External news source: If America withdraws from Iraq, Jihadist groups could operate "without restraint" in this "important oil-bearing region".

To me this seems as if the report is sugesting that the oil in the East is going to last for another 30 years, and THEN the war on oil (not terrorism) will end.

Is there a way out? especialy when USA and China are both so determined to control this oil.

If the USA pulled out would that leave China drinking the oil by itself?, I cant see anyone convincing the American government to pull out if it leaves control of oil to China.

The reality of the war on terrorism and the war over oil being so closely tied in the same reports just adds wieght and momentum to the conspiracies of inside terror operations.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The War on Terror isn't a war to get oil.

If we wanted oil fields we would have marched into Venezuela and taken them. It would have been easier and it definately would have cost less. If we wanted oil fields we would have kept the Kuwaiti ones that we liberated 15 years ago instead of giving them back.

The terrorists have been attacking US. Their mantra is 'Kill the infidels!' 9/11 and Bali, as well as the bombings of the trains in the UK and Spain were not oil related. This is a religious war by them against us. You can believe differently if you wish, but it's the truth. Wahabbism and radical Islam run amuk. This war on terrorism will last as long as there are radical islamics who think they are told by Allah to kill anyone who doesn't worship like them. It's just that simple.

[edit on 11/20/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They may not be oil related..
but had we not made our presence so, threatening in the Middleast in regards to the Iranian oil, saudi oil ( being its the holy land )
and now we've just happened to invade Iraq who also is covered in oil..

well.. you could se how some arab hwom just lost his entire family to an allie airstrike would regard this illegial war as a grab for oil..

wouldnt you..

I mean lets face it..
we're not their for WMD's are we?
we're not their to free the citizens any more are we?
What could we possibly be remaining in IRaq, being we have totally lost the sight of our goal?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If we wanted oil fields we would have marched into Venezuela and taken them. It would have been easier and it definately would have cost less.

And then you couldn't use that old "bringing freedom and democracy" excuse, now could you.

About this article.
I don't know, but did anyone else noticed the aboundance of words, expressions and senteces in quotes?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
About this article.
I don't know, but did anyone else noticed the aboundance of words, expressions and senteces in quotes?

Interesting.

I take it you mean the news article? If so then yes I noticed it, infact I notice it all the time in the mainstream media, they seem to take the bits they want to create thier own story usualy distracting from the whole of the origional documentation and statements.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
FF (and anyone else that hasn't seen this), you should watch this: History of Oil
Interesting and rather pointed vid... it's a comedic delivery, but the facts mentioned all check out.

As to the "War on Terror" lasting 30 years... ah, well... haven't they been saying this all along?

Speaking on BBC Television's HARDtalk, Mr Hain said it was "quite conceivable" that this latest campaign could continue for the rest of his lifetime.

Source

"This is a war, and this is a long war," Jones said. "This will last your lifetime. This is a generational thing that will not go away soon."

Source

There's been many more references to this war lasting a lifetime, but I've run out of time for now.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The War on Terror isn't a war to get oil.

FlyersFan,

I don't think that was the point being made at all! xSMOKING_GUNx seems to be saying that the US needs to maintain a presence in the reagion to keep terrorist group such as Al Quada from setting up networks in the area that would Allow them to feed on the Oil Market. Terrorism costs money, and oil could provide that money. We need to keep terrorists like Osama Bin Laden from finding ways to exploit the oil market to fund their activities.

Tim

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
I take it you mean the news article?

Yes.

It's interesting how we were fed for 5 years with War on Terror this and War on Terror that. What is also interesting how this expression evolved from War on Terrorism to War on Terror. I think that happened with a purpouse to achieve stronger emotional response in Western population.

And what I find amusing is when the political climate changed, disturbing thuths surfaced and when the "victory" will be achieved in some distant future, this media company is changing its tune from War on Terror to so-called "War on Terror".

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
well personally we need to get the al-queda forces extereminated. I dont believe that al-queda has much of a foot-hold on the United States as other people think that they have but we need to deal with them and althogh the war on terror will not last 30 years I believe it will last ten years and then the terror attacks will continue.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
30 years lol will it last that long when we deploy laser weps and next gen tanks, planes, ships, helicopters all armed with lasers??? surely the terrorists wont stand a chance once we delpoy laser attack and defence systems against them, oh and robots and unmanned military vehicles and nanotechnology too.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by blobby]

new topics

top topics

join