It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Rep. To Push Draft Legislation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

So here we have it. Rep. Charles Rengal is trying to introduce legislation urging a draft. He's stated if we are to complete the mission in Iraq with our need of more troops plus take on Iran and North Korea we will need to reinstate the draft.

I think this is a democratic tactic to look tough on terrorism.

He originally voted against the Iraq war.

I personally believe the draft was inevitable since we got involved in middle east conflicts. Also, i am convinced that the decision to invade iran was made years ago we are however, just waiting for the opprotune moment to do this.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
@ Pedro Sanchez

Rangel does this every few years. Nothing will come of it as usual.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 21-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I know nothing typically comes of the draft bills he makes but I hope that the democratic congressmen arent idiots enough to sign it. I live in america and this is the same thing that happens every year. Someone gets elected and he starts to make some evil plan and he makes it and they vote for it! It happens all the time!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It hasn't gained much course over the past few years because Congress was controlled by the GOP. Now that Congress is controlled by the Dems, do you guys think anything will come out of this? I'm not too sure on how the Dems voted back when he tried this before. Anyone know?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
An existing and active thread can be found here:

Here comes the draft.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join