It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEN COMMANDMENT chief Supreme Court justice, Roy Moore removed!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

By John Johnson, Times Staff Writer

ATLANTA ? Alabama's chief Supreme Court justice, Roy Moore, whose refusal to take down a monument of the Ten Commandments in the courthouse made him a lightning rod in the debate over the place of religion in public life, was removed from his job Thursday.

Citing his defiance of a federal court and his failure to express regret for his actions, the nine-member Court of the Judiciary in Montgomery, Ala., ruled unanimously that Moore must step down from his job as the state's ranking judicial officer.

--------------------
Removal of a Judge because of his spiritual beliefs?? Hmm I wonder how long the plaque has been up in the courtroom in the first place. Freedom of spirituality/religion/belifes doesn't exist anymore?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No one ever say that there is more than the 10 commandments on that monument.

The Magna Crata ( i believe it was)
The Declaration of Independence
and some other historical documents
(Preamble to the Constitution ( i thought i heard))

The problem is the MAIN STREAM MEDIA IS NOT TELLING US THAT! ALL I HEAR IS, "10 Commandments Monument".

Personally what's next for Christ's sake?

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
www.latimes.com...

By John Johnson, Times Staff Writer

ATLANTA ? Alabama's chief Supreme Court justice, Roy Moore, whose refusal to take down a monument of the Ten Commandments in the courthouse made him a lightning rod in the debate over the place of religion in public life, was removed from his job Thursday.

Citing his defiance of a federal court and his failure to express regret for his actions, the nine-member Court of the Judiciary in Montgomery, Ala., ruled unanimously that Moore must step down from his job as the state's ranking judicial officer.

--------------------
Removal of a Judge because of his spiritual beliefs?? Hmm I wonder how long the plaque has been up in the courtroom in the first place. Freedom of spirituality/religion/belifes doesn't exist anymore?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sorry, already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Sorry, already posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doh!!

The Author of that thread didn't really put any thought into his post though

as it shows nothing related to the Judge.. just the spoof of the 10 commandments

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good! We don't need religiously biased judges.
I met the guy once. He was an asshole anyway.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Good! We don't need religiously biased judges.
I met the guy once. He was an asshole anyway.

LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I just thought of something, though. How much you wanna bet he runs for governor of Ala-#ing-bama and gets elected now?

top topics

join