It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Cross the Most Powerful Symbol in World History?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I believe it is. Which of the following would you choose regarding the Cross of Jesus Christ and what it signifies?

1) Death, Afterlife, and Eternity.
2) Death and Afterlife, but not Eternity.
3) Death And Eternity, but not Afterlife.
4) Afterlife and Eternity, but not Death.
5) Death only.
6) Afterlife only.
7) Eternity only.
8) None of the above.

I choose 1. We must die to truly experience the afterlife, and we must experience the afterlife to truly experience Eternity.

I love and worship God, and God has taught me to love and worship His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, the Infinitely Divine Physician, is the most remarkable person that has ever walked on earth!!! He has taught me many principles: one is loving the lowest of the low!!! Open your mind to the Gosples and be enlightened!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter to All!!!

Love and Peace to All!!!

God Bless All!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I am answering the question you titled the thread with, not the multiple choice follow-up - you know I never go for those, anyway

The most powerful symbol in the UNIVERSE:

[edit on 11/19/2006 by queenannie38]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with queenannie on this one, it's love. Basically anything that has to do with love is the most powerful symbol in the world, because love is the most powerful thing that there is.

Also, what is with all of the multiple choice questions lately? I think you should change the name of the thread to what does the cross signify to you (multiple choice) or something like that, because the names for your threads have been very misleading to me. I'm not saying that this is true for everyone, it's just that I come to a thread expecting one thing, and then I'm faced with a multiple choice question that doesn't cover a very broad range of answers to the question.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
I believe it is. Which of the following would you choose regarding the Cross of Jesus Christ and what it signifies?

1) Death, Afterlife, and Eternity.
2) Death and Afterlife, but not Eternity.
3) Death And Eternity, but not Afterlife.
4) Afterlife and Eternity, but not Death.
5) Death only.
6) Afterlife only.
7) Eternity only.
8) None of the above.

I choose 1. We must die to truly experience the afterlife, and we must experience the afterlife to truly experience Eternity.

I love and worship God, and God has taught me to love and worship His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ, the Infinitely Divine Physician, is the most remarkable person that has ever walked on earth!!! He has taught me many principles: one is loving the lowest of the low!!! Open your mind to the Gosples and be enlightened!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter to All!!!

Love and Peace to All!!!

God Bless All!!!

I shall reveal the hidden messages.

The cross, is symbolic of binary for ones and zeros.. being 2 ones combined/intersected.

the cross represents two (1)s intertwined or connected..

they are two seperate ones that chose to commune or to combine.

Wherever there are two who come together in my name (Christ) come together in LOVE, (acceptance and understanding of all things) I will be with them.... for he (Christ) was upon the cross, he was with the two who combined together. Which was also evident with the two theives at his sides.

With your love for Christ as a man-god you are doing exactly what he didn't want anyone to do.. do not allocate or compartmentalize GOD
he did not come to be LOVED, he came to be the example of LOVE, ... the acceptance and understanding of all things.

The cross is the symbol of union... of communion.. of combination... of LOVE.

[edit on 11/19/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

..................With your love for Christ as a man-god you are doing exactly what he didn't want anyone to do.. do not allocate or compartmentalize GOD
he did not come to be LOVED, he came to be the example of LOVE, ... the acceptance and understanding of all things.

The cross is the symbol of union... of communion.. of combination... of LOVE.

[edit on 11/19/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

Thank you! I am glad to see that somebody can put what I've been trying to say into words that I didn't have at the time. I don't want this thread to go on about what is "correct" or not, but I have to say that I agree with you 100% with what you said about Jesus/Yehoshua/whatever you want to call 'him'. It's just really good to see that others get it.

Peace, and love

Pancho

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A circle is perfectl and a wedding ring symbolizes love...

When a perfect circle of love is crossed, what does it become?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I am answering the question you titled the thread with, not the multiple choice follow-up - you know I never go for those, anyway

[edit on 11/19/2006 by queenannie38]

queenannie38, yes, life is about love, but not with love from the heart only!!! Life is about love from the heart, soul, mind, body, and strength!!! Jesus Christ is the only person to have done this in the past and I believe will be the only person to do this in the future!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

queenannie38, yes, life is about love, but not with love from the heart only!!! Life is about love from the heart, soul, mind, body, and strength!!! Jesus Christ is the only person to have done this in the past and I believe will be the only person to do this in the future!!!

Perhaps you weren't aware of the meanings I used.

com‧part‧men‧tal‧ize  /kəmpɑrtˈmɛntlˌaɪz, ˌkɒmpɑrt-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kuhm-pahrt-men-tl-ahyz, kom-pahrt-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -ized, -iz‧ing.
to divide into categories or compartments.

al‧lo‧cate  /ˈæləˌkeɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[al-uh-keyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -cat‧ed, -cat‧ing.
1. to set apart for a particular purpose; assign or allot: to allocate funds for new projects.
2. to fix the place of; locate.

Do NOT allocate or compartmentalize GOD.....

No where does it say Jesus the fleshy dude from way back when is going to come back and save everyone..

It says Christ will come back... it says that the acceptance and understanding of all things is going to come back and save everyone...

Stop waiting, what you expect is already here... what you look for is spread out all around you.

Do you not understand the one that is before you? Who is alive while you are alive? Lest you seek to hear him when you are dead and unable to do so?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

If you believe you were created by God, you are already compartmentalizing Him by using words; the same would be true if you used numbers, equations, drawings, pictures, sculptures... In our finite ability quest to understand the Infinite, God, we need to compartmentalize. God grants us this ability to divide so that we can grow in understanding of Him. The more we understand and accept Him the greater we will be favored in this life and the after.

Have you not ever compartmentalized or divided between God and Satan?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

If you believe you were created by God, you are already compartmentalizing Him by using words; the same would be true if you used numbers, equations, drawings, pictures, sculptures... In our finite ability quest to understand the Infinite, God, we need to compartmentalize. God grants us this ability to divide so that we can grow in understanding of Him. The more we understand and accept Him the greater we will be favored in this life and the after.

Have you not ever compartmentalized or divided between God and Satan?

on the contrary.. understanding GOD will show you that... he didn't make you, because he is not a person who creates things like a human creates a building.
BUT
GOD made you because GOD is HUMANITY as a whole. EVERY PERSON AS ONE..
There are millions of copies of bodies.. but only ONE human body (not counting sex)
and ONLY We can allow things to influence and guide us.
Satan is just a GOD that doesn't accept any other GODs.. He thinks he's the only one.. the only one having human experience.. but he isn't unique at all, because everyone here is having a HUMAN experience... on varying degrees its better or worse... yet its all relative, its just human experience.
But we all choose to ignore everyone else that isn't self-benefitting and make life hell for everyone who doesn't agree

so.. I don't think GOD created me.. as a human/superhuman scientist or creator.
But GOD created me, .. in the sense that, I as LORD of my Domain/FLESH have accepted and understood certain aspects of GOD (Humanity)/(Human Experience) and made it my image... made it my thought and therefore my actions.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well,considering these images...

The Ankh was, for the ancient Egyptians, the symbol (the actual Hieroglyphic sign) of life but it is an enduring icon that remains with us even today as a Christian cross. It is one of the most potent symbols represented in Egyptian art, often forming a part of decorative motifs.
Ankh

A Celtic cross combines the cross with a ring surrounding the intersection. It is the characteristic symbol of Celtic Christianity, though it may have older, pre-Christian origins. Such crosses formed a major part of Celtic art. This design is also referred to as the Irish Cross, or as the Cross of Iona.

Celtic

I'd say that the cross is indeed a powerful image. In Egypt it meant life and the Celtics said it meant eternity. So,to me, it is both representative of life and eternal life. It is representative of the eternal cycle...It may also come into play in any consideration of the principles of reincarnation.

Considering that cultures venerated it before the Christian era speaks volumes about its power and significance. It is a deeply spiritual and wisdom filled image.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The ankh and the celtic cross are indeed powerful images, Speaker!

I have thought about these quite a bit, myself.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I semi-agree, queen. But, i think you already know why. Yes, without LOVE for the TRUTH, there could be no TRUTH, because no one would LOVE the TRUTH enough to pursue the TRUTH without LOVE.

I believe TRUTH is the most all encompassing emotion. But without LOVE, could one actually effectively pursue TRUTH? I think not, which is why i agree with Queen.

But, as her signature does show, "COEXIST", i think the "+" is just one symbol, just one piece of the puzzle, all be it a very important piece.

So, yes and no. What would the cross mean if there were no other symbols to compare it too? It would be a "+", or a "t", or a "T", or a "x", or a "X", ......

the symbolism our minds assign to the symbol of the messenger is important, but without the symbolisms buried within the messages from christ, what would the mere symbol mean to us?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
I believe TRUTH is the most all encompassing emotion. But without LOVE, could one actually effectively pursue TRUTH? I think not, which is why i agree with Queen.

Without unconditional love given to me, by another, at the expense of their own heart, I would not have ever been willing or even forced to examine myself as far as truth - and like all things worth a squat - TRUTH starts AT HOME.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I believe TRUTH is the most all encompassing emotion.

Esoteric Teacher, you have a deep desire to know the Truth. If I recall correctly, you sometimes use Truth as a synonym for God. I do not use synonyms for God, except His name in foreign languages, but if I did it would be Love. Love is tangible, it can be felt, and it is extremely powerful. Truth is an intangible concept that can never be fully understood and never meant to be fully understood. We can never know all Truths like God but we can appreciate the Truths He has given us. More importantly, we can greatly appreciate the Love he has given us.

How do you connect Truth and Love with the Cross of Jesus Christ and death, afterlife, and Eternity?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
concerning the ankh

it consists of two symbols..

the cross.... the two 1's(ones) I spoke of earlier
and
a zero...

the mystifying zero symbol...

What is a zero? ..... a bent, one? ... connected to itself?
and what is a one?
an unbent one?... unconnected?

well why is the one.... 'unconnected'? ... so it is free to connect to other ones?, or to divide zeros? ....

But then what is the zero? a one whose connected at the beginning and the end?

What is math?.... the variation of SOMeTHING? ..

What is a two? ... a one? with certain bends in its path? 2 ?

what is 10? ... a one with a zero? .. a one with another ONE that is, 'of itself' .. ?
what is a 20? .. a one with a bent path with another one that is connected and 'of itself' ..

So the ankh is a very interesting symbol.... because it consists of a zero and two ones connected... the interesting thing is the ZERO is ontop of the two ones intersected.

To me its a symbol of the strength of union.. the zero represents those who stand as one connected together, connected under 1 way... above those who come together seperately.
To me it shows that those who come together as ONE.. (a zero) .. are above those who come together seperately.

I didn't want to explain anything practically.. I just wanted to give you something to think about..

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think of ZERO as:

a complete emptiness (not desolate but complete)

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

How do you connect Truth and Love with the Cross of Jesus Christ and death, afterlife, and Eternity?

I connect Truth and Love with the Cross of Jesus Christ (death, afterlife, and eternity) in a way i believe is exactly what Jesus meant, and what the bible means when it was stated:
(paraphrasing, because there are different interpretations, but they mean the same thing): "No one gets to the father, but through me".

Jesus comitted suicide (yes, it was his choice to die) to give "LOVE" self awareness, consciousness, and intelligence.

The father is the epitome of "TRUTH".
The son is the epitome of "LOVE".

No one gets to the father "TRUTH", without having known "LOVE", and knowing to love the "TRUTH" before you love anything else.

"LOVE" is the only thing that can destroy all armies that have been or ever will be created. "LOVE" is the weapon of choice for the father of "TRUTH", because the truth is that "TRUTH" would die if the "TRUTH" could not love the "TRUTH".

mortality is a by-product of not loving the truth first, before all other things.

immortality everlasting and membership to the kingdom of heaven is loving the truth more so than loving love. Because love is still defined by the observer, and even experience itself will be confined to what it is an observer loves.

"LOVE" is only comparible and definable in one's mind to what they will love more than anything. So, if "Truth" is not one's first love, then they will not consciously experience the truth, but rather experience what it is they love.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

It would seem that a pre-requisite for accepting and understanding the father (TRUTH), would be to know what "LOVE" is first.

Who can accept and understand "THE TRUTH", without knowing "LOVE"?

who can acknowledge the truth without loving it first?
who can recognize the truth without loving it first?
who can accept the truth for what it is without loving it first?
who can love the truth for what it is without first choosing to love the truth?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I believe TRUTH is the most all encompassing emotion.

Esoteric Teacher, you have a deep desire to know the Truth.

yes, i do.

If I recall correctly, you sometimes use Truth as a synonym for God.

Because the word "GOD" has so many different conotations to sooo many people and means so many things to sooooo many different cultures and societies that are already divided enough.

I do not use synonyms for God, ......

But, our people do. To the extent that they are killing eachother because of it.

Love is tangible, it can be felt, and it is extremely powerful.

Are you sure? what i mean is how can you know "LOVE" when you rebuke the "TRUTH"?

Truth is an intangible concept that can never be fully understood and never meant to be fully understood.

Then surely "GOD's" very existance is a futile one, since the truth is an intangible concept that can never be fully understood, nor ever meant to be fully understood.

We can never know all Truths like God but we can appreciate the Truths He has given us. More importantly, we can greatly appreciate the Love he has given us.

Perhaps "Love" is known to us for a means to guide us on a path that leads us to truth.

Love is what seperates "truth" from what would cause it harm.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join