It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Suggestion For ATS Gear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ok, I was looking through the ATS store last weekend to see if
there was anything I was interested in buying, and when I came
to the hoody sweatshirts, and looked at the back I had an idea.

Now on the top of the back there is a little ATS logo, my sugges-
tion is this;
Instead of having the logo, how about for a small fee allowing the
person to have there username put there instead.

I think it would be a good idea.

Oh, and I did end up buying some stuff, a shirt, a hoody sweatshirt
and an ATSNN button.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'd pay extra for "Tiloke" in smaller white letters under ATS.................hint hint.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I like that. The ability to customize apparels would be enticing for some members to purchase some gear.

I think by Christmas I'm going to purchase something.

Good Idea Iori.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I like that. The ability to customize apparels would be enticing for some members to purchase some gear.

I'm not for Sale!
Anyway, there are already stores that you can take a picture or photo and they will embed it into clothes for you.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Gear]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
I'm not for Sale!

Aw, that's dissapointing, I would've bought you.

Anyway, there are already stores that you can take a picture or photo and they will embed it into clothes for you.

Yeah, but there not very prevailant everywhere, and it would
bring more money to ATS, plus I don't want to have to buy
the ATS thing, than go somewhere else to have my username
put on, it's really just something that would be easier for people.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I want a UFo camoflauge boonie hat with my username and Avatar on it!

Not too particular about the ATS logo though!

[edit on 19-11-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I thought of this the first time I looked at those shirts. It'd be so awesome to have your username on them, but it would probably be too great an expense for the ATS staff.

But it just wouldn't feel right to take it to a store so they can put it on . . .

I promise I'll buy one once I can afford it!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
It'd be so awesome to have your username on them, but it would probably be too great an expense for the ATS staff.

Well, we would expect to pay a higher cost for the ability to customize the shirts. The extra cresting would not be much more of an expense, it would only be a simple crest. If we were to say, stitch on the letters, it would cost a few bucks to say the least. But having the option to crest our name on the shirt, and pay an extra fee, would be beneficial to the site in my opinion.

Right now I have my eyes set on the white golf shirt, but I wouldn't mind having a hooded sweater with the ATS logo on the front, and say my name across the back.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Oh good! So now I can spear tackle you from behind, being totally sure that I'm not gonna decimate an innocent bystander.

You just hurry up and get that sweater now, Chissler . . .

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

How weird would it be to be walking down the street and notice an ATS sweater with the member name on the back. Would be an awkward moment, to say the least, to begin the conversation.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That would be a great idea, but why are they all white? I'm not good with white, food tends to stick to it.

Red, green or brown would be cool.

Still, I can't help but buy stuff!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the others that I would prefer a few black items, as opposed to the white/ash gray that is in the store. I do like the hats, anyone that has questioned the durability, they are fine. I even run mine through the wash every week, and it holds up perfectly, and has hardly faded.

But more black..

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
great idea

Im in for it

lets get (phonetically said, and enunciated)
szedikus, szool, szoorander, here this is his special area.

yay

party on

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The only way to have a member name printed on the shirt is for a digital artist to create an image of the name in photoshop, then upload it, create a new shirt design that included the new image and add it to the store so that the particular member could then browse the store looking for his/her personalized item and purchase it.

I don't see how it could be done unless their printing technique has changed. I mean can you imaging having to do all that for every member that wanted a personalized item?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
thats a great idea.I need to call my mom and see if she will sowe it on my shirt for me

does aneybody else see the 11-9-06

[edit on 11-09-06 by slayerfan]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
see this is called spreadshirt

www.spreadshirt.com...

it is a design program on this site, and i easily just made my name and ats logo

all we need is this and every member can put there own name or whatever above the ATS design.

or whatever they want, if ATS was able to adapt this program for the gear, I bet the market would raise significantly due to supply and the demand that members can have any name and design they want.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Great Idea.
We used to do it on IRC channels t-shirts. The printing technique might be not the same but it shouldn't be a lot more overpriced. Here costed about R$14, which is about US$6.
If you guys need a model I can take pictures of mine.

Too bad that I won't have mine, damn taxes.
Well, maybe in a near future

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ok, well...I've seen the suggestions and I'll answer what I can.

1) Yes, I can totally add a username to a shirt. All that is involved is my time and effort. The problem I have is what is fair to charge for that. No matter what it is, there will be complaints that it is too much not to mention the other silly rumors that start. On the flip-side, I just don't have the time to do it for free either.

2) CafePress has made printing changes and just a bit back they added black t-shirts. Those shirts now also come in burgundy, olive, and dark blue. I have also added a women's dark shirt, and me'ns and women's dark long sleeve shirts (come in black and brown) to the Design T-shirts section. I'm sure they will continue to add more.

3) I also know everyone has a suggestion, but the bottom line is there will be 300 posts made about how they will be getting a shirt and how great they are, etc, etc. In the end, there will be 5 items sold.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
V neck Ts and zippered hoodies would be my suggestion.

I can't wear crew neck shirts...drives me nuts having anything up by my neck. Not a big fan of white either really...most whites are too thin and as a female I don't really want my brassiere showing through...kinda tacky.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
I can't wear crew neck shirts...drives me nuts having anything up by my neck. Not a big fan of white either really...most whites are too thin and as a female I don't really want my brassiere showing through...kinda tacky.

I have a very simple solution for that problem...errr, ummm...nevermind.

In the meantime...yes, CafePress continues to expand the color offerings. All the black shirts come in a bunch of other colors. In fact any of the black design patterns can be placed on the black long sleeve shirts, so I'll add a few more when I can.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join