It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More IDF Brutality!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is exactly why these Israel/Palestine topics aren't worth anyone's time on here. As soon as one starts, it turns into a religious or racial arguement. Fanatics are the ones who caused this conflict, fanatics are the ones who keep it going, and fanatics are the ones who turn these arguements into a contest voicing their side's propagandistic idealogies. Guess I should stick to topics about Eastern Europe.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right
you are brainwashed into believing that jews are good!!!

they are the ones who beat,tortured, and crucified jesus.........

Yadda, yadda...

This is as strikingly lacking in nuance as one of IAF101's bile-filled drools. (Thanks for the intervention, Intrepid.)

Blaming "the Jews" for... well, everything up to and including bad weather is, really, not very sensible.

It's such a tricky issue. And "the Jews" themselves aren't helping because any criticism of any Jew is held to be an attack on all Jews by such organisations as the "anti-defamation league". There was an interesting programme by Jon Ronson on the Bilderberg group, and at one point he interviewed someone from the ADL who told him that the words "international bankers" are code words for Jews.

There are people within that group who are not Jewish. Even if there weren't, it is not logical to extend criticism of that group to criticism of all Jews. It's crazy.

Likewise, not all Jews are Israelis. and not all Israelis support the policies of the Israeli government. However, the Israeli government is up to some really nasty business, and has been for decades. The massacre at the Sabra and Shatila camps is one egregious example of a crime against humanity perpetrated with full knowledge of the Israeli government of the time that has gone unpunished.

What makes it even trickier is that there are many US citizens in positions of power with close ties to Israel. Guess what? They're Jewish. BUT, many of their supporters are Christians who support them because they think that Israel's existence is the immediate precursor to the return of Jesus.

That's just... nuts. And it scares me to think that a such people have an enormously powerful influence on an enormously volatile region like the ME.

Anyway - ack to the topic. My assertion is that the brutal tactics of an army of occupation are being excused because they're Israeli. Poor, plucky little Israel, surrounded by enemies (none of whom, unlike Israel, have nukes), forced to invade Lebanon every few years and compelled to carry out targeted assassinations.

Here's a thought experiment. We've all heard about Chinese guards shooting Tibetans. (We haven't heard that much about it because it's not controversial. No-one's defending China.) I bet that if you transferred the exact same incident to China, substituting Chinese Army guards for the IDF and Tibetans for Palestinians, no-one, no-one would be leaping to justify the actions of the Chinese.

Think about that for a little while.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Fair enough pointing the guns at him, and maybe even flooring and handcuffing him. But shooting and then beating him is a bit extreme. And why did they have to have an Israeli ambulance take him away?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join