It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Political Compass Quiz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well I was cruising the internet and found this political quiz at www.politicalcompass.org...

I had taken the test and my numbers are:

-3.62 Economic Left
-1.18 Slightly Libertarian

I found another gem at www.quiz2d.com...

I'm a centrist. Didn't surprise me though.

What are your numbers and where do you stand on both testsd? It will be curious on what everyone gets. Oh and if you have any more little political quizzes post them too! Thanks!

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Cool test!

Economic= -2.88

Slightly Libertarian -.26

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Well I was cruising the internet and found this political quiz at www.politicalcompass.org...

I had taken the test and my numbers are:

-3.62 Economic Left
-1.18 Slightly Libertarian

I found another gem at www.quiz2d.com...

I'm a centrist. Didn't surprise me though.

What are your numbers and where do you stand on both testsd? It will be curious on what everyone gets. Oh and if you have any more little political quizzes post them too! Thanks!

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by Cearbhall]

This is a GREAT Site. Here are my coordinates:

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

This is VERY thought provoking. I'm going to check out some of the reading material. Interestingly...I flew through the questions and only really struggled with one. It's something I've moved more left on. Man....I'm WAY left. I suppose someone is going to use this against me in a thread.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Just next to the Dalai Lama

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Nat,
Hey we're pretty much in the same boat bro.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Those questions were loaded. They probably are being used in some sort of poll as well. That test put me somewhere I am not, because nearly every question could be interpreted in many different ways. Some of them in my opinion branded me a racist every way I answered them. How did they test Stalin on that thing. I am glad they made up a place for him to stand. Good thing they asked him those same questions. I guess GWB took it too. Come on now. Some of those issues shouldnt even be involved in politics. Political leaders craft ideas to run on I think. I believe they scare people into voting for them in ways. George Bush is a racist! OH NO. Al Gore was a communist! Run For The Hills.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's a thread you might be interested in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Those questions were loaded. They probably are being used in some sort of poll as well. That test put me somewhere I am not, because nearly every question could be interpreted in many different ways. Some of them in my opinion branded me a racist every way I answered them. How did they test Stalin on that thing. I am glad they made up a place for him to stand. Good thing they asked him those same questions. I guess GWB took it too. Come on now. Some of those issues shouldnt even be involved in politics. Political leaders craft ideas to run on I think. I believe they scare people into voting for them in ways. George Bush is a racist! OH NO. Al Gore was a communist! Run For The Hills.

I think most of us accept that polls and standardized testing has some bias built in. As long as you bear that in mind and read a question a few ways, it is still interesting to see where you are "plotted" in a survey. Not that any 30 question survey will pinpoint who you are...but it gives you some perspective on where you might be. Also, it can help you understand the politics, motivations and concerns of others. Like the Kiersey temperament test. If you start out with the assumption that there's no right and wrong...it can help you understand where your differences can affect communication and understanding. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -5.12
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

Libertarian on the second link

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Interesting.

Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.64

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.67

Yep, I'm an anarchist. I knew it. Laissez-faire!!

*EDIT: I'm the only one who's posted on this thread who's economically right? I find that strange

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by insite]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
On the compass I was

Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.56

I fell alot since I last took that quiz, I was more conservative last year at this time. So I guess you could say I'm pretty conservative.

Could'nt get that other quiz to work.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Here's a thread you might be interested in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow! 2002!?!

Man, it sure was stacked against me back then, what with you with Drudge, nyeff with newsmax & Thomas with Rush online.....see, if you hold the fort long enough reinforcements will arrive!!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -3.12
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Lebertarian-left...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Economic Left/Right: -7.25 (Left)
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03 (Libertarian)

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I did take the test...

Economic right/left: -3.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97

I think Mr. Machiavelli has hurt me more than he's helped. Two steps from center leaning to the left...knew that.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I scored Economic Left/Right -4.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian -1.95

It seems to me that there are a lot of people who scored in the double negative area. I think this is a liberal site that is intentionally puts people in that quadrant. It is using that site to win votes. People end up in that quadrant and then they go, "oh, I guess do have libertarian and left views, I will vote for them in the next election."

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
well their are gonna need a whole lotta votes before we ever see a libertarian in the white house..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join