It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A women is a man's assistant/Sacred Feminine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why is it that since the time of Adam & Eve women have been vilified and persecuted by man. Even today many women around the World are treated as second class citizens, can be beaten and murdered with no punisment to the man who carries out these acts.

What is it about women that men see them as a threat, it cannot be all that original sin crap. Are women more spiritual then men, do they have the means to bring about peace and harmony in humans. Just what is it that through the centuries we have beaten, burnt, drowned and tortured women and in some countries still do.

Why are they not treated as equals, we often discuss genocide, the Holocuast etc but the persecution of women started with Eve, how can this happen and still is happening. Why is the sacred feminine such a threat, women are the bringers of life, they are biologically stronger than men they are more than our equal so just what is the reason for the treatment they have endured over milenia.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Throughout history men have beaten down those weaker than themselves, it's not just women. It's just cowards who feel more powerful by hurting others, and being cowards they pick on those weaker than themselves, physically or emotionally.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It is because women are the "Bringers of Life", because women can produce life, children, and thus ensure the survival of the tribe, that women were considered mysterious, and thus to be honored, or feared.

Men could hunt, and thus provide food. But if a man died, a woman, who could gather food as well, could replace that lost man with a child, often a boy, who would serve just as well.

Early tribal leaders saw the value of the female and many early cultures diefied the feminine.

It was not until cultural heirarchies began to codify, placing the physically strong, protective male at the lead of the tribe, that women began to suffer. It was then that women became assets, chattel, and fianlly objects of little or no value, to be used and abused as men, their betters, saw fit.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Women have been given the most important roll in this world. They are the ones entrusted with birthing and nurturing God's children. Women are truly blessed beings that deserve all the respect the world can muster. Women have such a deep capacity for love and the giving of themselves, truly we men are lucky and blessed to have them in our lives.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In the Tarot the divine secrets can only be accessed through the High Priestess for some reason.

Do you think it may have something to do with the story of Lilith and her unwillingness to be secondary. Her revenge was not very pleasant I understand. She was banished and replaced with Eve who was oh so willing to take a second place to the man.

Another reason could be because of bloodline issues. If a woman was kept from choosing her mate from among many different bloodlines she would hold more power in the process of who is the dominating species/race of humans.

Like if the Annunaki or some other bloodline were to try to take over mankind they would need to control the breeding process and by taking the choice away from the woman they would be much more successful at creating the dominate population. Also Goddesses were elimated from the mainstream population, this allowed the patriarchial structure to take root much easier.

I personally think power and control freaks will do whatever is necessary to hold back any one who is a threat to their power, as you mentioned.

The woman is necessary for man's existance so man must control her so that he can live. Who knows man might have been evolved out by now if they hadn't surpressed woman.

Edit to add:
I also think there is a relationship with the woman and the snake that is very powerful

[edit on 19-11-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
you should remember that women have been abusing men for centuries too!

not in Physical ways granted, but emotionally they grind and wear there men down, sucking out there souls and leaving them empty shells.

The only saving grace of this is thankfully most men get to die before there 60.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barn
not in Physical ways granted, but emotionally they grind and wear there men down, sucking out there souls and leaving them empty shells.

Not that were bitter or anything

I honestly believe that women are the nicest thing the good lord has ever done for this planet. If he made anything better he kept it for himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It is about power and control. We are still divided because of many leaders and religious ideals. Men who crave power over others fear the sexual power women hold over them so they surpress the women into submission. The church in its earlir times acually undrstood magick for what it is. Men and women need to work the natural power of the universe together. Men are very projective when it comes to intent and can create change. Women are very reseptive and can see and feel what is coming. It is like the navigator and the wheelman, together they can travel to unknown places. The church doesnt want the masses to have this power, so they cut it in half by supressing/oppressing women.

Sounds crazy and [snip] but its true.

I also think there is a relationship with the woman and the snake that is very powerful

Its funny I had a Tarot reading two months ago and this reader said my mothers spirit handed me the snake...

mod edit: censor circumvention

Sorry about that, LGM

[edit on 19-11-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think ancient peoples revered women more than modern cultures.
I think the Church played a role in the development of how women are treated. I seem to remember something about this.

Women as healers, women in tune with their bodies and the universe, and their subconscious. The whole witchcraft thing meant to cast a bad image on the inner power women had.
We can see how the Church took Mary Magdalene from a very close companion of Jesus and turned her into a prositiute. What a great way to diute her power?

www.lysistrataproject.org...
witcombe.sbc.edu...
witcombe.sbc.edu...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Women as healers, women in tune with their bodies and the universe, and their subconscious. The whole witchcraft thing meant to cast a bad image on the inner power women had.
We can see how the Church took Mary Magdalene from a very close companion of Jesus and turned her into a prositiute. What a great way to diute her power?

Too bad I cant give mod a wats, Great post.

Women are mysterious and rich with earthy natural inner power. Look how frieghtened the men of Islam are of women, they make them cover themselve from head to toe with those burkas. Crazy stuff.

I know this woman that works at a metaphysical bookstore, she is in her mid-fifties and in her eyes there is this deep calm serenity full of magick.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Do you think it may have something to do with the story of Lilith and her unwillingness to be secondary. Her revenge was not very pleasant I understand.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by interestedalways]

The story of lilith is very interesting, and her revenge wasnt too good for boys, lol.

According to the story she vowed to claim as many newborn males as possible for up to 8 days of his life if he did not wear an amulet, interestingly enough this coincides with the boy's circumsision on the 8th day according to hebrew customs.

This, of course, was revenge for 1000 of her demon offspring, that she had with a demon named samual,being slayed by angels for every day that she did not return to eden. she never did.

Lilith is also said to be without original sin so is immortal and she knows the true name of God.

Stories of Lilith also appeared in Roman times, she had a sister then and was said to drink the blood of the living. sound familiar? She is said to have been the first vampire. That's where references to lilith appear in contemporary folklore. The true queen of the damned.
I couldnt resist!

Stories of powerful women are not unheard of if you know where to look, nor are their existance. (amazons)

I dont think women are as oppressed as they once were, except in the middle east. I think it is a tendency among women to act subserviant to men.

Also, dont be so eager to want to see what would happen if women werent sometimes oppresed in history. All of us men could wind up in cages in some zoo.
. ever see the last man on earth?
Sorry, I couldnt resist that either.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Goddess colombia or sophia has always been reffered to a woman. In deed it is wisdom but why do we associate wisdom with the fem?

I know in early kabbalah they had mentioned this and also made the points of female being smarter than the man. If I recall t he sources I will post.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Societies that suppress women are not utilizing half of their intellectual power.

These same societies don't measure up to the standards of a modern world, nor do they come close in many instances.

What is strange about these societies led by males who want - as deemed by their male leaders - to live in stone age conditions, said leaders are the first to demand and use modern conveniences like A/C, computers, autos and the like.

No surprise there I suppose....

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Why is it that since the time of Adam & Eve women have been vilified and persecuted by man.

I have come to the understanding that the answer is war.

The first four books of the bible are believed to be written by Moses. Moses agenda was war. He left Egypt because he was a murderer, got religion from his stepfather then came back to Egypt with the intent to hurt it. After he stole as much as he could he let his followers multiply and let die or had killed all those who opposed him. Then he had the inhabitants of an entire region slaughtered so his followers could obtain their strong hold.

Like if the Annunaki or some other bloodline were to try to take over mankind they would need to control the breeding process and by taking the choice away from the woman they would be much more successful at creating the dominate population.

I will take that one step further; Those 'Lords' of war need the man power to succeed in battle. I do not believe that a woman, left to her own intent, will produce enough offspring for an overwhelming army. That is why the assumed patriarchal power must be introduced. The woman right to control herself must be curbed, for the good of the army!

I must restate that the only purpose for religion, that I know of, is to control human beings.

you should remember that women have been abusing men for centuries too!

I know men that have had their lives completely ruined, with the help of the current judicial system, because of vengeful women. I also know more men that have only had everything they have earned in their lives taken away. The courts know that if you take control you are liable. (It's too bad no one teaches THAT)

In eastern arts it is known that a clockwise rotation is male and a counter clockwise rotation is female. The Earth, Moon, Sun, and most of the planets, with small exception, also rotate counter clockwise. I believe, for reasons that are difficult to explain (you probably wouldn't believe me), that most things would not exist if they did not rotate counter clockwise. It is the way of the universe.

Is she more perfect? Yes.
Is she oppressed? By god, Yes.
Is she vengeful? With good reason, yes.
Will mankind destroy its self? Only if she doesn't kick some butt.

Well, that's my rant. And remember; God damned humans.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryScientist

I have come to the understanding that the answer is war.

The first four books of the bible are believed to be written by Moses. Moses agenda was war. He left Egypt because he was a murderer, got religion from his stepfather then came back to Egypt with the intent to hurt it. After he stole as much as he could he let his followers multiply and let die or had killed all those who opposed him. Then he had the inhabitants of an entire region slaughtered so his followers could obtain their strong hold.

Just wanted bump this thread. This is not a one line post.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
If he made anything better he kept it for himself.

He did.. the playstation 2
Almost ready to part ex her for the latest model too.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I also agree, that religion plays a very important role on the views of man over woman. I always said that women are the goddesses of earth.

Remember that even in the Jewish tradition women are the holders of the blood line. Also the bible will tell the lineage of Jesus through the male seed but you do not find anything as the lineage of many of the women or the mothers that were as important.

Neither the lineage of Mary, but by Jewish tradition the women blood is the important one.

new topics

top topics

join