It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ID Card System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It would appear most people dont want this(hopefully the U.S follows this train of thought)and it would also appear that the government would still go through with it.

(Sunday.Mirrior.co.Uk)-17 November 2006
JUST for the record: readers of the Yorkshire Post were asked in a phone-in poll if Identity Cards should be made compulsory. Seventysix out of 100 said "No", and 24 per cent said "Yes".

Remember that, next time government ministers claim - as they always do - that the overwhelming majority of Britons support the introduction of a compulsory ID card system.
www.sundaymirror.co.uk...=id-card-system-&method=full&objectid=18109815&siteid=94762-name_page.html

Whats you say?
Would you be for it or against it?
What are you reasons either way?

mod edit: All caps title

[edit on 20-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
ID Cards...Ouch!
I want to stay a million miles away from these things if possible

The NIR will hold details of all persons in 50 catorgories and this can be added to, this information will be held after the person has died.

It will be a cross reference way of audit checking everyone and would be a total life history on every individual.

Anytime one of the 50 or so fact changes in your life you will become obligated to inform NIR of these changes?

These ID cards WILL NOT STOP terrorism / theft / illegal immigration / identity fraud or anything else to be honest....
But they will allow a snooping government to know even more about every single aspect of your life..even more than what they are able to at the moment....

Scary

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I totally agree with spymasters Post above!

If I remember correctly, these cards are going to cost upto £250 - £300 per person, so were going to have to PAY for the privilidge aswell!

How will they tackle terrorism? whether or not a terrorist has an I.D. card, would it stop him/her making a bomb/carrying out an atrocity?

How will they tackle illegal immigration? illegal immigrants are here illegally, theyre hardly going to apply for an I.D. card are they?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It is simply a way for the big brother society to keep tabs on everyone. It doesn't help with terrorism. Terrorism is just the "boogeyman" they want us to all believe in so that we give up our freedoms!

Reject the card! Next thing they'll do is chip everyone, and IMHO, that's the mark of the beast. (duh)

I won't take it.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I remember when i was growing up watching a programme on the former East Germany, and my dad said .."god how do people live in a society like that, with the government knowing everything you do"?

Fast foward to now and me and my dad still talk about that programme.

The problem is , that we (society) have been given some benefits (or at least thats what we are led to believe they are) the intenet, mobile phones, loyalty cards, credit for anything, oyster travel cards, and the list goes on, so to someone who is not really into Big Brother and hasnt seen all this coming, these are all good things.HUH!!!

In the UK there is a travel card called Oyster where you pre pay for your travel and you can top it up for extra travel etc, now they have brought in a rule that if you dont scan in and out of your journey you will be charged an extra £4.00 (i think), whats too bad with that i hear you say!
Well now they can Monitor your exact movements, and time they can then match that up with CCTV on the underground or bus routes and pin point where you were at an exact time on any given day.....
Everything is cross referenced from filling in a form to getting on a bus!

When these cards come in they are gonna have a hold on us that we never thought possible!!!
They are Nothing Short of A TRACKING DEVICE for Humans!
But some people simply want to believe its for the good of the country/citizens?
They are not being implemented to stop ANYTHING they are being implemented to watch EVERYONE..

top topics

join