It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master & Commander

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I REALLY want to see this film. None of my friends want to see it, thinking its one of those historical docu-movies like on the History channel. But, I like ANYTHING about sea-faring and traveling ot distant lands---don't know why. I just always have since I was a kid.

They should make more moves like this...

Who else is looking forward to seeing this?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I REALLY want to see this film. None of my friends want to see it, thinking its one of those historical docu-movies like on the History channel. But, I like ANYTHING about sea-faring and traveling ot distant lands---don't know why. I just always have since I was a kid.

I sure am,
I've wanted to see this since it came out.
hopefully they'll have pirates.

harr!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I want to see it,looks pretty good. Sadly though I'm the only one around me who wants to see it. All my friends think it'll suck. But there the comedy kinda people. Looks like a great one.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think it's going to be funny. I usually only get to see Russell Crowe get into fights on the news and E!, but now I get to see it on the big screen.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
was a good movie,
but i had to resist the urge to yell, "Come on tuggah! we're going foitin around thah world!"

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hehe Fury....

But, I like ANYTHING about sea-faring and traveling ot distant lands---don't know why. I just always have since I was a kid.

Maybe in another lifetime??? Or you just have a sense of adventure...

Yeah, I am pretty psyched to see this, I've always had an interest in boats and the ocean, even owned one once.... We used to dock the Bounty in my home town here....went on it all the time as a kid...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It was a decent movie. You gotta have patients, unless your a big history buff, otherwise it kinda drags. Guess what, Russ gets to play with swords again! Good movie overall though.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i saw it on saturday. one hell of a movie let me tell you!
that old timey ship toship combat was brutal!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well said, Fury!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Out today on DVD!

Just picked it up to watch tonight.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not the same on small screen, or without deafening surround sound. You need the full cinema effect, especially for the fog/cannonball bit near start.

(this is not a spoiler, it doesn't really give any clues about any of the movie, you have to have seen it to know what it means)

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Not the same on small screen, or without deafening surround sound.

I have full surround sound, 5 speakers plus subwoofer with DTS THX sound . It should sound great. I�m thinking of renting it tonight.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

I also like movies like that, but they have to be "good" movies. Master and Comander is not a Good "movie". It is very very slow. I could not take it turned it off. Grade A Crap. It explains why it was only at the movies for a month or so.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by minimi
Not the same on small screen, or without deafening surround sound.

I have full surround sound, 5 speakers plus subwoofer with DTS THX sound . It should sound great. I�m thinking of renting it tonight.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by kinglizard]

nobody likes a gloater!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It wasnt bad but could have been a lot better

I expected a lot more

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok so I won the film in a comp carn't complain on that but this film is Pants the only best bits I liked about this film was the fights. Though not many and thats about it very disapointed in the film

new topics

top topics

join