posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:30 AM
I admittedly do not know much about blades, but when considering price to performance ratio, I've been happy with my purchase of a Kershaw Roughneck.
- Blade had nice little area on top of the blade for sawing
- Sturdy frame for the blade
- Great grip and texture
- Nice sheath (often where people cut cost)
- Comes with a good edge on the blade out of the box
- Is in the 35-50 dollar price range
For me, I'd rather an item that wasn't cheap to the point where I'd doubt placing confidence in it under reasonable usage situations. On the other
hand, I'd also rather an item wasn't expensive to the point where it influences my decision on what and under which likelihood to use it. That is
personal preference though.