It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wii the bringer of peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My friend just came back from the Wii line in NY. This is what he had to say.

"I had a great time all of us were playing are DS and most of them were there to buy the Wii for them self. Lots of the guys for the PS3 were thinking of selling theres on eBay. It funny that we just wanted the Wii."

I a Sony fan but I was shock but the way people reacted to the launch of the PS3 and the Wii launch was a sign of what the system suppose to be FUN. They all believe in what they want and most of them didn't want to sell there on eBay.

Wii is the bringer of Peace and Love and most of all just to have good all fun. Exactly what Video games are suppose to be.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The only reason that the Wii didn't have the same fate as the Xbox 360 or PS3 is because on launch day they had waaaayyyyy more units. So in all reality the Wii is not the bringer of peace, but the bringer of many consoles on launch day. Trust me, if there had been a shortage of Wiis on launch day you would have seen the same thing happen to it. As far as Ebay goes, of course nobody is going to sell their Wii on ebay, because nobody is going to buy a Wii on ebay when there are plenty to go around. People were willing to buy PS3s and 360s on ebay because there weren't any in stores.

The Wii is in no way a bringer of peace. It is a much simpler console with nowhere near as much technology in it as a PS3 or 360 even. All the Wii has is the motion sensing controller, so for Nintendo it is much easier to manufacture.

Don't get me wrong though, the Wii is a very fun thing to play, it's just not as high tech as a PS3. So no the Wii is not a bringer of peace there are just simply more available.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The only thing high tech about the 360 and ps3 is the blue ray. Nothing else is that amazing. The Wii is the best system out there now.

Back to the OP. I walked past that line coming back from a bar on Friday. Those guys were rediculously nerdy. I hope your friend wasn't the one wearing the Super Mario replica felt hat.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The only thing high tech about the 360 and ps3 is the blue ray. Nothing else is that amazing. The Wii is the best system out there now.

Back to the OP. I walked past that line coming back from a bar on Friday. Those guys were rediculously nerdy. I hope your friend wasn't the one wearing the Super Mario replica felt hat.

Except that the 360 doesn't have blu-ray, it has an optional HD-DVD add on that can only be used for movies, not games. The Wii doesn't have high def, doesn't have a cell processor, it doesn't have the ability to use disks with capacity of 25 gigs single layer and 50 gigs dual layer, and it only has one SD card slot in the back. It can only have four controllers connected to one system, the PS3 can have seven at one time. The Wii also doesn't have a hard drive.

The only thing that is technologically advanced about the Wii is it's controller. If you've ever played a PS3 on a high def TV before you will know how amazing it really is. If you've ever played or seen Gears Of War on 360, you will also see what it is capable of.

Maybe for you the Wii is the best system out there, but that is just an opinion. I am stating facts about the technology in each system. I might get a Wii in a few years, but I don't know. I would however, like to see how Nintendo having a large number of launch day units makes the Wii a peace-bringer which is what this thread is about. The demand for the Wii just doesn't outnumber the supply, that is the only reason it didn't have the same awful launch happenings as PS3 and Xbox 360.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

Maybe for you the Wii is the best system out there, but that is just an opinion.

I think we are at a very interesting time for gaming.
I don't consider either system necessarily better, it really depends on the person.
Some gamers really want a hardcore system and are willing to pay a premium amount to have it.
For me a PS3 looks pretty awesome especially with the web ads they are running.
But I don’t have a HD TV. My living room TV isn't even that big.
I don't play as many games as I did as a bachelor. I might buy 4 new games in a whole year. A PS3 for me is a waste.
But the Wii is perfect for me. I like retro-gaming, I have hundreds of roms for old systems on my PC.
I have two kids, 4 and 7. Wii Sports is going to blow them away.
I’m of a single income family. The Wii’s price tag is perfect for me.

The PS3 and the Wii are after two very different types of gamers and both systems will be very successful.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
umbrax your kids are going to love the wii. my kid spent an hour just messing around making miis. also the demand for the wii was greater then the supply so dont assume there are wii left on the shelfs right now. they all sold out in my town and they prob could have sold 30 more at midnight.

i must go now, im gettin hooked on tp.

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The president of Nintendo wanted to make it available for less than $100, which just shows you where their interests lie, and that is in satisfying the customer without milking them for every penny. I respect that.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The president of Nintendo wanted to make it available for less than $100, which just shows you where their interests lie, and that is in satisfying the customer without milking them for every penny. I respect that.

But he didn't do it did he? There's a difference in saying that you want to do something and actually doing it. For instance Sony said that they wanted to launch last march, and then with 2 million units, but that didn't happen either. I'm sure if there was any reasonable way to make any game console cost less than $100 dollars then the president of that company would say they wanted to do it, even if they knew that it wasn't going to happen.

Once again, I would like to know if there are any other reasons that the Wii is being considered a bringer of peace. Or is it simply because they had a large number of units available and nobody is selling it on ebay for a few thousand dollars? Does that suddenly make Nintendo a better company than Microsoft or Sony, because the people are not going into a mass hysteria over the Wii?

join