It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange experience during meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hello all!

After lurking here in ATS for some moths, i decided to bring out my strange meditation experience to see what you people think it was.

It happened to me 1994 as i was 25yo. A year before i have had my first and so far only brief OOBE and i began to be interested in all kind of paranormal and related stuff, like a new world had open to me. There was a ad in paper about TM (Transscendic meditation) course and i decided to go to see what it has to offer.

What they teach is a certain mantra meditation and all went normal for me, until we had our first group meditation. At that day i had just recovered from flu and wasn't in best physical,mental condition. So when we began meditation, all was normal, i kept repeating my mantra in my thoughts and was going deeper in that tranquil state, and suddenly i felt pressure in my forehead and a sensation like curtains were drawn apart and i could "see" a growing buzzing light that was quickly filling my head. I got scared and came awake and my heart was poundindg like crazy.

After a session i went to a teacher in panic for explanation and maybe he thought i was crazy or something, but he never gave me any decent explanation. After that day i noticed i had a tinnitus (constant ringing in ears), and i have it to day and also i became much more sensitive in many ways (to sounds for example). I also lost much of my ability to concentrate and i feel like i'm not "all here", like i'm not completely connected in me???

I think i was somehow physically damaged by that phenomena and i quess i will never return "normal", but i can live with it. Anyway, i just like to hear if anyone else have had similar experience or have some idea what happened.

And as a side note, i think meditation is good thing and don't want to bring fear to it. For me it just didn't suit

Thank you

And to moderator, i'm not sure if this post belongs to some other forum, sorry.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Try going back to meditation agian.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My guess is you were advancing well in spirituality and then your guardian pulled back the veil to let you see the light of the greater reality which is all around, even though in this dark earth world we don't normally see it till we die and leave our bodies.

Your guardian thought he/she would give you a nice experience of seeing the spiritual or godly light and yet because the teacher couldn't explain what had happened you became confused and the confusion caused all the problems.

I too had experiences when I was young that I didn't understand till I was much older, and those experiences actually scared me away from spirituality in some ways, even though they were not designed to by the beings that gave them to me.

Last night when I closed my eyes I found I was in a bright light which seemed to light up a giant space. I can't remember the details but I think I could feel the presence of someone next to me.

And a week ago when I was in bed a being kept showing me the most brilliant light. It was like suddenly coming out of a dark cave into the full sun of a midsummer's day. There was even heat coming from the light if I remember correctly. That type of thing happens to me frequently and it is a gift from the beings that watch over us.

My guess is you should try meditating again and get to know the being that gave you that gift. the ringing noise you hear could be the high vibrational body of the being with you in my opinion.

Of course you're going to be told you're suffering from mental illness etc but that is not so.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you for your advice. I tried meditation maybe a year after that experience and i i felt like going into that light again, and since my experience of it was bad in the beginning, i dragged myself out of meditation.

But i will do as you suggest and try it again, maybe some evening when i feel like it and i will report to you how it went

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hi Rockukko

This is just my opinion, but it sounds to me like your Third Eye was opening (in the middle of your forehead). I have been working on opening my third eye and feel pressure there when I am working on it. I also have a lot of ringing sensations in my ears like tinnitus, but the tones and vibrations vary at different times. I haven't 'seen the light' yet tho

As suggested by those before me, keep up the meditations, I don't believe it is anything to fear at all - and just see what it brings forth.

Good luck

Dobbie

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
thx for the welcome,yea we kinda went thru tha same thing.i agree with Dobbie,your third eye opened,it can be scary,even though i know theres nothin to be scared of i cant help but say no no stop.lol i jus dont think im ready for what ever that light has in store for me u kno
-thx for sharing

new topics

top topics

join