It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds goes Muslim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I read the article, It does'nt say where exactly the "offending restaurants" are situated, in predominantly Muslim neighborhoods or what. It's no big deal, here in America, along the Mexican border, Mcdonalds offers a variety of Mexican items such as Empanadas, breakfast burritos, Salsa instead of ketchup, and even jalapenos as a side item. It makes business sense.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77But the key word in your quote is majority, in this case it seems they're catering to the minority.

I think you people are getting business mixed up with social issues/politics. This is a business move on the part of McDonalds, it has to do with making money. They do this in places with large muslim populations, hindu populations, jewish populations, etc....to make money. If "catering" to a large Muslim population in a given area makes them enough incremental income that would offset any negative consequences from alienating xenophobic australians/americans, then they will do it for that reason. In the political sense, "catering" to minorities is done to protect the rights of those minorities.

I'm not sure why people can't see the difference...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Jamuhn

Maybe you can answer my previous question: would a muslim knowingly eat a meal that was specifically prepared in a kosher manner?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Maybe you can answer my previous question: would a muslim knowingly eat a meal that was specifically prepared in a kosher manner?

I'm not an expert, but from what I've read, yes. A Muslim would probably prefer kosher meat over regular meat if halal meat was unavailable. Same with vice-versa, a Jewish person keeping kosher would most likely choose halal meat over regular meat.

In the U.S. slaughterhouses specializing in these meats often produce both halal and kosher meats at the same time with the real only difference being that a rabbi blesses the kosher meat and an imam blesses the halal meat.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
this doesn't strike me as that big a deal. some mcdonald's franchisee wanted to rake in a few extra bucks off a large local population of Islamic people.

hallal meat is fine with me. as long as they don't change happy meals to like 'sober approval in accordance with prophecy' meals or something.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Jamuhn

I believe this is what you are looking for:

Muslims are further greatly divided as to whether or not Jewish slaughter suffices as a replacement for Islamic dhabiĥa halal. Some claim that Jewish slaughter leaves out the Takbeer (saying: God is Great) and changes the method of slaughter, thus, their meat is Haraam. Others claim that the slaughtering processes are similar enough in practice and in theory to render animals slaughtered by Jewish laws as halal.

It is a widely-held belief in the Jewish community that Dhabiĥa halal is not equivalent to being kosher, because among other things kashrut requires that meat must be slaughtered by a Jew.

en.wikipedia.org...

So it seems Muslims are a little more lax about eating kosher foods.

Here's a further comparison of halal and kosher:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As others have said, MCDonalds has variants on it's menu's dependant on the local customs', traditions and religious beliefs.

Suggest all you people complaining about it should actually read up on the subject first.

As some have said, in India, they use Lamb instead of beef and pork.

Here is a good article on Wikipedia

Educate yourself...

[edit on 19/11/06 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think they are
lying.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I think they are
lying.

Care to elaborate?

Who's lying?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Mcdonalds..

It's only fair that all cultures are provided the opportunity to enjoy some of the most unhealhy food on the planet.!

The slaughter method, reminds me of what I have seen in some of the islamic beheading videos. I suppose you go with what you know, no matter what species you are killing.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
McDonalds has included religious rules regarding its food in many areas of the world. The McDonalds stores are franchises, so it's up to the owner to determine what they want their store to serve. McDonalds in Israel did not serve any cheeseburgers, when I was there. It's against Jewish tradition to mix any red meats with milk, cheese, or yogurt.

McDonalds in Saudia Arabia does does not serve pork products.

In India, they do not serve beef.

In some parts of the world, they substitute vegi patties for any meats, to cater to vegitarians and Buddhists.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Presumably he means that McDonalds is lying about the meat being Halal.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was something like that going on. They've proven in the past that they're not above lying to customers if it serves to bring in more money.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Don't get to worked up over it, I mean it's Mcdonald's. What do they call the meat they serve everywhere else? I love being able to go and get nice tasty meat for one dollar. How are the fries? Is the oil they cook them in blessed too? It dosen't sound all that bad, I might even pay an extra dollar for some blessed food. Makes me feel all warm on the inside.

Styki

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ok now white supremecists please go away. We all know the "caucasians" are actually a minority on Earth, far outnumbered by the colored folk, both by population and geography.

Anyways I say somebody here might be a hypocrite. After all, if you look in your cupboard, pantry and fridge the majority of your foods are certified kosher. This even includes your laundry detergant, and some utensils. but that is ok, cuz if I don't like that I am anti-semetic right? Islam is the great evil, and anything related to it is submission, but if we do not like the majority of our groceries certified kosher, we are anti-semetic.

Would you like to know more? Visit the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America.

You may also be interested in the Otrthodox Union,

"the world’s most recognized and the world’s most trusted kosher symbol."
If you want to start complaining about minorities, start kosher. I gaurantee you will find at minimum ten of the regular food items in your home have been "blessed". Judaism has a much smaller population in the world than Islam.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Ok now white supremecists please go away. We all know the "caucasians" are actually a minority on Earth, far outnumbered by the colored folk, both by population and geography.

gaurantee you will find at minimum ten of the regular food items in your home have been "blessed". Judaism has a much smaller population in the world than Islam.

Hmm so another drive by smear of whites... it happens so much now it is becoming an epidemic and I guess we have to start fighting back.

I agree that Jews put their eats on our tables either directly or indirectly as you say.

Furthermore, I understand that McDonald's is either owned or controlled by Jews anyways so I highly doubt that they don't have the rabbis in there doing their thing behind the scenes. It is highly probable that they wouldn't admit to it either way.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

You sound like the racist yourself saying that.

But anyhow, all of Europe, Russia, North America, Australia,Antarctica all controlled by majority caucasian multicultural countrys, dont sound like your little agenda has the geography case wrapped up.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat
I think they are lying.

Interesting. You think they are saying that it is really Halal and yet it isn't? hmmmm. That would be interesting to uncover!

Seriously ... If I want to have a hamburger I want just a hamburger. I don't want it 'blessed' by a Muslim, a Rabbi, a Hindu, a Shaman, or anyone else. I don't want to ingest something that has been dedicated to a god or spirit that I don't believe in or that I don't want to deal with.

That may be superstitious or it may be good religious practice. Either way, I'm glad it's Australia that is dealing with it and not any fast food places here in the N.E. USA.

The thing is ... they are selling the stuff and not advertising that it's been Islamic blessed. People going through the drive through aren't told. People in the establishment have one small sign that says what the meat is. And when people ask for regular burgers they are told to go away.

I could just see something like this in the USA bible belt - Mcdonalds selling hamburgers blessed by Catholic priests and not telling anyone about it. HEY DOGGIE ... there would be a ruckus in the anti-Catholic bible belt. AND the fundementalists would be right to be upset.

edited for spelling

[edit on 11/19/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sorry but I was merely replying to a rather silly remark about someone fearing for their four caucasian daughters because some Muslim is blessing meat that is now sold at a Mcdonalds in certain parts of the world.

But for the fact of the matter, theland you stated numbercruncher is 1/3 or less of the land on Earth. Antarctica does not count because it has less than 100 people on it at any time and the developed land (if you call scientific outposts developed land) equals less than 50 sq km. Noone is indegenous to that land.

South america, part of North america, Africa, Asia minus Russia make up close to or more than 2/3 of the land on Earth as well as more than half of the worlds population. Just stating facts here.

Forgive me if my comments appeared that way, I was simply replying to the specific comments, not the topic as a whole.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its all about money...i repeat...MONEY.
McDonalds doesnt care if the meat is blessed or not, and they dont really care if the Muslim comunity likes their food or not. All they are trying to do is widen their customer variety to make more money. Personally i dont really care if the meat has been "blessed" or not, i onced worked at a meat works and i can tell you...it doesnt make the meat any better, so you cant say they are getting special treatment.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It seems this McDonalds could enter into a synergistic relationship with Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali for the purpose of teaching Australians about the proper way to handle "uncovered meat" and keep the "cats" away from your women.:shk::bash:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join