It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missions Over U.S. Slated for Global Hawk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
maybe the scheduled $125 million improvements at 'Gitmo'
are for the ability to launch those UAVs outside the US, from Cuban soil ??

the Global Hawks must launch from somewhere, i reckon its cost effective to launch from a secure launch site, inside our protected borders!

To assume the Global Hawk UAV is loaded with Predator Missiles to fire on civilian targets within the 'lower 48' is absurd...its launch is designed for a distant mission & target !
only an accident would inflict harm on homeland citizenry... (we are told)

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
satellites can watch you much better than this as has already been stated. they also have the advantage of not hasving to refuel, take-off land, or be seen for that matter. There could be a satellite watching you right now....

"The Air Force's fleet of Global Hawks will eventually reach 54 aircraft," Ted Ross, Northrop-Grumman Beale site manger, said. "The majority of those aircraft will be stationed in forward-deployed locations."

The remainder of the Global Hawk fleet will split between Beale and Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D., said Mr. Ross.

Come on now, whats the big deal. These are not the kind of aircraft that can be stationed at civilian locations. Just because they are at military installations does not mean they will be operating military missions. They are equipped with sensitive and advanced technology, thats not sometihng we are willing to risk being exposed at a lesser secure location.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This domestic deployment of the Hawk has to be taken in the context of other recent developments to be properly understood. The suspension of Habeas Corpus and Posse Comitatus, the provisions of the Patriot Act, and the rise of the Police State.

I see it as nothing less than one more nail in the coffin of American Civil Liberties.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
This domestic deployment of the Hawk has to be taken in the context of other recent developments to be properly understood. The suspension of Habeas Corpus and Posse Comitatus, the provisions of the Patriot Act, and the rise of the Police State.

I see it as nothing less than one more nail in the coffin of American Civil Liberties.

I think that they may genuinelly be afraid of an armed uprising by the people and are preparing to observe and neutralize threats to the state that appear on the streets of America.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but considering the fact that the aircraft/drone can loiter over certain areas for hours, unlike a satellite that just passes over for a few minutes. Perhaps they might and I am just saying might be trying watch suspected training camps in states like Utah and Montana or any westerner state that might have terrorist camps.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

they might and I am just saying might be trying watch suspected training camps in states like Utah and Montana or any westerner state that might have terrorist camps.

You mean organized militias of the people that are a guaranteed right in the Constitution, don't you?

Next right to be abrogated - that of the people to keep and bear arms.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
To assume the Global Hawk UAV is loaded with Predator Missiles to fire on civilian targets within the 'lower 48' is absurd...its launch is designed for a distant mission & target !
only an accident would inflict harm on homeland citizenry... (we are told)

The Global Hawk carries no weapons, however are you oblivious to the fact that the US has (and has had for decades) hundreds of fighters and bombers based in the US (I know right, go figure
) that carry and drop live weapons over the US every day?

[edit on 19-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
They already have stationary surveillance blimps monitoring the Mexican border. Global hawk for border purposes sounds like a waste of taxes, so maybe the real plan is to arm them with hellfire missiles and give the narco-traffickers a big surprise. Either that or take out some crackhouses in Watts.

Big Brother Blimp

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'm right there with you. I agree 100%.

To those that might disagree... because, "this is what we're going to do" (what the government says)....

Do you honestly believe they won't abuse the tools they have or the powers they've got? C'mon. They've done it already, countless times over. Our Founding Forefathers did not ever intend for our government to get as big as it is today. In fact, I'm sure they would have made provisions to keep the Federal Government as small and insignificant as possible. Hmm... kinda reminds me of the fact of why they put the 2nd Amendment in that "damn piece of paper" our president has referred to.
If our forefathers had an incling of an idea of we were to have today what we have... I'm certain they would have put provisions in there to prevent a lot of crap the government deals out on a daily basis. Hmm... kinda reminds me of another historical story... behaviours like what happens today happened a long time ago, just before an event called the Revolution.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
...arm them with hellfire missiles and give the narco-traffickers a big surprise. Either that or take out some crackhouses in Watts.

The GH cannot carry weapons, and to retrofit it for that purpose is out of the question, it would cost too much and it would degrade it's surveillance and endurance capabilities which are it's primary missions.

We have the MQ-1 Predator and MQ-9 Reaper for the armed intercept role.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well the government is doing things without the peoples conscent, like passing laws thar violate are amendments. this is not a democracy anymore and if you think so you should be slapped. the laws are senators approve dont even take the time to read them because there like 2 pages long and its during the night they recieve them and they're too tired to read it and just sign it. take the patriot act for example, many people are wary of this law which violates are 1st 4th 5th amendment, but they didnt take the time to read it all the way through and they then regretted greatly after they were told what they have signed. just thought i'd tell you whats happening. and the list can go on forever.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOne1989
Well the government is doing things without the peoples conscent, like passing laws thar violate are amendments. this is not a democracy anymore and if you think so you should be slapped. the laws are senators approve dont even take the time to read them because there like 2 pages long and its during the night they recieve them and they're too tired to read it and just sign it. take the patriot act for example, many people are wary of this law which violates are 1st 4th 5th amendment, but they didnt take the time to read it all the way through and they then regretted greatly after they were told what they have signed. just thought i'd tell you whats happening. and the list can go on forever.

I'm well aware as to what's going on, and I strongly disapprove.

BTW... The U.S. is not a "democracy".... it's a Republic. Big Diff.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

And how long will it be before they are patrolling domestic airspace, as well?

Yes, we have designated bombing ranges, well away from populated areas, that serve the training role for air-to-ground attack for our military. This has nothing to do with that.

I wonder what Miranda would say about GH surveillance?..... You have the right to remain under 24 hour watch from aerial drones. You have the right to be arrested and detained indefinitely without cause.....

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't have the time at the moment to read much of this but I do have one question. What is it that you guys are doing that you would think the govenment wants to spy on you? What are you doing that is some important that the government feels like it needs to have projects based on you? It's getting to the point that I don't even feel safe anymore.

Think about it, if everyone is so worried about the govenment focusing on you what do you have going on? I kind of want to know now. Do I need to be worried? If your thinking about planes above you that might be able to see what you are doing then I don't know if I want to be around you. They can watch me all day long. If my life is all that interesting then hey, get a few close ups if you feel the need.

Even if there is some massive govenment conperacy to control everyone think about this. That guy whos sitting in a room watching everything, yeah, he/ maybe even she is board out of their mind. I really don't think they care.

Hey you, im about to used the bathroom. Enjoy, good looking out. wink, smile for the camera

Styki

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
IR, you're hilarious, one you cant even prove that the GH will be used in that role (as your previous argument had not ground to stand on). And two, you're complaining about some "what if" scenario when you're already being videotaped hours upon hours at malls, intersections, ATM's etc...
But just so we're clear, what kind of "privacy" do you expect in public? Should be close our eyes too when you walk down the street so we don't violate your "rights"?

And how long will it be before they are patrolling domestic airspace, as well?

Except in training areas and perhaps maritime security I doubt the MQ-1 or 9 will be flying armed with live weapons over civilian airspace. There is no need for that.

[edit on 19-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic

The U.S. is not a "democracy".... it's a Republic. Big Diff.

What's with this recurring polarization theme of "democracy" versus "republic" ?

Like a republic is not a representative democracy?

...Seems that the good ol' USA is gearing up for a national emergency in every department.

Wonder what's coming? Besides a military coup, I mean, justified as a necessity under a non-democracy.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
They already have stationary surveillance blimps monitoring the Mexican border. Big Brother Blimp

If you are talking about the Big Brtoher Blimp they just let the contract for the power system this year and it is not operational although they might have a protype in testing.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am kind of funny in the extremes I go to, aren't I?

I assure you the PTB are nowhere near as humorous in their intent or delivery.

There is no activity I'm engaged in, other than my providence, that warrants me being the subject of such scrutiny.

It takes a real slap in the face to get anyone's attention anymore, most of us are so dumbed down on opiates.

The frog sauna was cold when they installed the video at intersections and in the malls. It is starting to boil now, and like I said, the frog hasn't even noticed.

You would much rather see me walking down the street minding my own business than the PTB kicking your door in with their jackboots and dragging you off to indefinite, incommunicado confinement.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You would much rather see me walking down the street minding my own business than the PTB kicking your door in with their jackboots and dragging you off to indefinite, incommunicado confinement.

My, you have been watching too many movies. Now, I have enjoyed and had the same rights since my first day on this country, I will always expect and demand that. However I will not cry wolf and start fear mongering, no matter how many frog related comments you make.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

I take it you thought I was serious about arming Hawks.

Hawks 1, Crackhouse 0

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join