It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you live with wild weather conditions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've been reading articles that suggest that you could wake up one morning with the sun shining with the weather being like summer until noon then suddenly shift to winter conditions like snowing for the rest of the day.

These sudden weather changes could become the norm.

Aside from the environmental consequences, could you live with it on a psychological/physical level?

If I had to, I think I could. I am already somewhat pre-conditioned to the changing seasons with blips in between.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let's think logically for a second...how exactly would that be possible???

I mean are we talking about 95 degrees in the AM and subzero in the PM? That kind of swing in a 24 hour peroid isn't possible...is it??

Any credible links to support this thought??

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
i live in michigan lol....this already happens here and no i will never get used to it

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
well the weather is #ed over here in England lol

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
i live in michigan lol....this already happens here and no i will never get used to it

i hear you! michigan whether is HORRENDOUS! i'm moving to puerto rico, i swear it...
and weather fluctuations between summer warm and then sub zero might not be possible, but i think questor meant that it would be a spring day then turn frigid. which happens quite often here.
i will never get used to it.. i'll never be used to any kind of cold. if it were just warmth i'd be happy, but you know. can't have your way all the time.

hearts!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
That happened here a few days ago, sorta. It was a comfortable high 50's to low 60's in the morning, and by lunch there was icy rain coming down amid the low thirties. I think it'd be cool, although I'd hate to think what it might to the ski resorts. I like snowboarding...

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Extreme fluctuations in the weather may not be occurring at the moment but significant changes in weather conditions within the same day are happening. So the trend is heading towards the possibility of the extreme.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
but, it's going to be gradual. this has been going on for YEARS. i blame it on the fact that the sun is dying... but then we have those huge flares. i think that might have influence on the weather, those large flares which are bigger than most. we'll see if the sun gets more sun spots... then maybe the fluctuation from normal transition to severe conditions will be evident to us.

hearts

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i dont know where you live in michigan but i lived in the U.P. try being a yupper for a while...i remeber once it was -70 below zero...we went sledding and it was so cold all of our sleds were cracking right down the middle...much fun indeed...marquette...well actually K.I. sawyer air force base but it was pretty close...very nice place though i enjoyed it very much..

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
i dont know where you live in michigan but i lived in the U.P. try being a yupper for a while...i remeber once it was -70 below zero...we went sledding and it was so cold all of our sleds were cracking right down the middle...much fun indeed...marquette...well actually K.I. sawyer air force base but it was pretty close...very nice place though i enjoyed it very much..

my grandma was born in marquette... anyway, for a while i was a yupper. i live near detroit now. but that does sound like much fun! but holy hell 70 below?! i would DIE. i hate the cold.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
yep 70 below...so cold it was an order that you were not even supposed to leave your house...but we did anyway...we had snowpants and all that good stuff

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
apparently, so I heard the other night on the news, there is a 50/50 chance that the gulf stream will grind to a halt causing the uk to have 100 years of non stop winter.when it happens it will be quite abrupt. Time to stock up on the thermal undies.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yeah hey i loved wild weather conditions...making your own ice skating rinks in your back yard...snow till may....jumping out your second story window into 12 foot snow drifts...hey wild means fun!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
apparently, so I heard the other night on the news, there is a 50/50 chance that the gulf stream will grind to a halt causing the uk to have 100 years of non stop winter.when it happens it will be quite abrupt. Time to stock up on the thermal undies.

Yeah, that's the buzz now. It's scary stuff, but anytime "global warming" comes up, I take the news with a hefty grain of salt.
www.news.scotsman.com...

-B.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I've been reading articles that suggest that you could wake up one morning with the sun shining with the weather being like summer until noon then suddenly shift to winter conditions like snowing for the rest of the day.

These sudden weather changes could become the norm.

Aside from the environmental consequences, could you live with it on a psychological/physical level?

If I had to, I think I could. I am already somewhat pre-conditioned to the changing seasons with blips in between.

Well that could have in Antartica i guess i have never heard of it though.

who

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I live in chicago and we have been joking about having all four seasons in the same day for years. Lately though it has gotten much worse, at least in the last couple years. We have had days that start at 60 and by the end of the day its snowing and 20.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I live in canada. Here, over the past few years, it's been gettign warmer. I live fairly far north, and all we seem to be gettign his rain, snow, and fog. Back when I was ten, I'd be a foot deep in snow right now. Next week, they forcast abotu as much, but right now we cna comfortably walk aroudn in t-shirts....minus the constant, rain of course.

You'd swear it was Seattle...

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
another Michigander checking in...weather fluctuations suck, but they're just part of life around here. last year it was 60 degrees one day and literally snowing the next. it's enough to make your head spin sometimes.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey I grew up in a small town where it snowed one year on June 1st!

I'm used to screwy weather but it could get worse and certainly more severe.

I now live in a big city and I watch the pandemonium when it rain or snow storm hits. I don't think we could cope with more than two or three disasters in a row close together.

Maybe they already know this and that is what the prison camps and vans with shackles and etc are for. They expect a break down in civility when we start getting hit hard.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I vaguely remember reading somewhere or saw it on tv that there was a place that was developing a single piece of clothing that would adapt to varying weather conditions. Keeping you cool when the weather gets hot as well as keeping you warm when the weather gets cold. It was something revolutionary being developed in the clothing material. I don't remember exactly but it may have been in development in Japan.
This was a few years ago.

Looks like we could be needing this in the future if the fluctuations in weather conditions continue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join