It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch this boy bending a spoon.. with his mind....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
open this video and skip to 1 minute and 40 seconds.

Watch a young boy bending a spoon with his mind.

the video looks quite real to me, amazing to say the least.

thoughts?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
this movie is full of psychokinetic powers.

At 18 minutes 50 seconds a woman moving matches.

Just watch the whole movie, it's worth the watch.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a great movie, I was inspired by the documentary and made a computer program you can try to affect with PK:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Cool vid, cool program. Thanks.
Here's a similar program for you all to enjoy.
www.freewebs.com...

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Eonnn]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Have not watched all the vid but relating to the spoon bending the OP referred to.

You would have to examine the spoon. I think it looks like the effect you would get if heating a bi-metal strip. I am thinking about what materials you could use at skin temperature.

Alternatively you could manufacture a prop spoon that at a higher temperature was straight and at room temperature was bent. We could be witnessing the spoon cooling.

Who knows? Just another take on it. I don't believe all that I see, especially on vid...

Personally, I believe if this was real it would be hard for Mr Randi to deny it, when successful with his $1,000,000 challenge. I hear of no such move. No doubt some will say he is not going to use his gift to make money, the psychic realm wouldn't like it. But I see no reason why he can't beat the challenge and donate the dosh to charity. I call sign bravo sierra.

Just a couple of pence..........

Now for the rest of the video................mmmmm

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
When I first entered college, I was able to do something similar to the boy's spoon bending. However it would go soft and become like a paper-clip. I haven't tried since those days. But I'm skeptical of the boys spoon bending because it seems very extreme. There are also trick spoons/forks you can buy that bend on their own
. You may want to check this out www.fork-you.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
We were talking about this in another thread; www.abovetopsecret.com...

More videos and other information, like Dean Radin, Ph.D in psychology from princeton talks about the concept behind psychic switches and all the real proof that psi does, in fact, exist!

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lol thanks for the program best time i could do it in was 15 seconds

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Personally, I believe if this was real it would be hard for Mr Randi to deny it, when successful with his $1,000,000 challenge. I hear of no such move. No doubt some will say he is not going to use his gift to make money, the psychic realm wouldn't like it. But I see no reason why he can't beat the challenge and donate the dosh to charity. I call sign bravo sierra.

I have no opinion on the authenticity of the video. I have to say though that James Randi $1,000,000 challenge is bougus....He alone decides who can apply for the challenge and he alone decides if it was real or not. Its not like there is some independent third party making the judgement.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god

Personally, I believe if this was real it would be hard for Mr Randi to deny it, when successful with his $1,000,000 challenge.

*Sigh*

How many times do I have to say it, Mr. Randi will not except spoonbending in the competition.

As to the Spoonbending video, the spoon went off camera before he tried to bend it. I don't trust the video.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust spoon bending if it wasn't for my own experience. I've actually been tempted to contact Randi. However I may have lost the ability since it's been awhile. I do take Randi as legit though. When I could do it I went to the site and he said the challenge was off due to his own medical problems (the heart).

I do believe in Geller though, actually. I have a small history with him.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
How many times do I have to say it, Mr. Randi will not except spoonbending in the competition.

As to the Spoonbending video, the spoon went off camera before he tried to bend it. I don't trust the video.

I can remember seeing anything on the challenge website that exclusively disallows spoonbending.

I assume you mean that he has issues with someone claiming to manipulate something psychically but having to handle it. Which I must say is my major issue with a lot of this nonsense.

Lay the spoon on the table in front of me, allow me to examine the spoon the table etc to my satisfaction. The spoonbender should have no need to touch the spoon.
Bend it then in front of me I may then begin to believe.

The Randi Challenge may or not be for real. I would have thought that if someone out their really had the gift in any demonstratable form they would accept and win the challenge. A continued course of worldwide public demonstrations in front of independant witnesses building up to the challenge to prove the challenge unworkable or a fraud would be nice.

Any failures are always attributed to too much negativity.

Anyway what is so good spending all this time moving pens and spoonbending?
Like wriggling your ears, if you really could use PK it is at most a party trick and no real use.

With all this altruistic psychic power out there the world is still a bad place.
Stop wasting your time on these party tricks, you will do more good wishing for world peace or a leveling out of the climate IMHO....

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
I can't remember seeing anything on the challenge website that exclusively disallows spoonbending.

While it might into the actual rules, you can see him say it here:
www.randi.org...

About halfway down the page, he says:
"Bending spoons and forks is so easy and simple to do, that I often wonder why people think it's so difficult and/or controversial. I teach kids to do it, regularly. Certainly no more psychic power is needed than is needed to break wine-glasses — which is also simple and easy, but doesn't seem to be as popular, for some reason."

Originally postedd by something smells
With all this altruistic psychic power out there the world is still a bad place.
Stop wasting your time on these party tricks, you will do more good wishing for world peace or a leveling out of the climate IMHO....

1. World Peace is impossible, as you will always have a group of people who want to kill other people.

I think that no amount of wishing or any other kind of activity will stop this world from being a bad place.

And I do NOT appriciate you comparing Psi activity to parlor tricks.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Regarding Randi and spoon bending I believe he means with digital manipulation.

As I said, place a spoon on the table and bend it without touching. What no takers?
Even Urine Smeller can't do that.

Here Mr Randi and the so called psi powered spoonbenders have something in common...neither of you could do it.

I understand that Mr Randi's contention is that if he can duplicate what so called psi powers can do then it does not mean the event is psi powered. He can bend keys and spoons in his hands, he just doesn't claim its psi.

The delusional psi believers are the ones that have to prove to the unbelievers, they already know there is no such thing as psi ability. If this stuff is really of the mind then why do you need any physical manipulation?

The fact is if you believe you are more gullible. If someone says hey there's a psi ball you got more of a chance of seeing it than a non believer. Lets face it the part of brain considered more connected to psi ability is the one where imagination and creativity exist...look what that's done. Cant you people see the correlation. Wake up and smell the coffee people.
If psi power existed you would not need your hands for all these so called psi tasks.

Your negative attitude to positive power does surprise me for a believer however.

Psi ability and parlour tricks? Parlour tricks exist...

A Magician doing card tricks at a corporate function has a higher success rate and can duplicate results.

Imagine replacing a Magician with a psi artist.

"Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, for my first demonstration I shall place a spoon on the table and magically bend it with my mind................*half hour later*......well that doesn't seem to be working tonite....there is too much negative energy in here."

"For my next demonstration I shall create a Psi ball and throw it over there....*2 hours later*....where are you all going? It is there honest, it just takes time to build up.......Ok I will get me coat"

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by something smells
Regarding Randi and spoon bending I believe he means with digital manipulation.

As I said, place a spoon on the table and bend it without touching. What no takers?
Even Urine Smeller can't do that.

Here Mr Randi and the so called psi powered spoonbenders have something in common...neither of you could do it.

I understand that Mr Randi's contention is that if he can duplicate what so called psi powers can do then it does not mean the event is psi powered. He can bend keys and spoons in his hands, he just doesn't claim its psi.

The delusional psi believers are the ones that have to prove to the unbelievers, they already know there is no such thing as psi ability. If this stuff is really of the mind then why do you need any physical manipulation?

The fact is if you believe you are more gullible. If someone says hey there's a psi ball you got more of a chance of seeing it than a non believer. Lets face it the part of brain considered more connected to psi ability is the one where imagination and creativity exist...look what that's done. Cant you people see the correlation. Wake up and smell the coffee people.
If psi power existed you would not need your hands for all these so called psi tasks.

Your negative attitude to positive power does surprise me for a believer however.

Psi ability and parlour tricks? Parlour tricks exist...

A Magician doing card tricks at a corporate function has a higher success rate and can duplicate results.

Imagine replacing a Magician with a psi artist.

"Hi Ladies and Gentlemen, for my first demonstration I shall place a spoon on the table and magically bend it with my mind................*half hour later*......well that doesn't seem to be working tonite....there is too much negative energy in here."

"For my next demonstration I shall create a Psi ball and throw it over there....*2 hours later*....where are you all going? It is there honest, it just takes time to build up.......Ok I will get me coat"

Your a joke...i bet you have never even tried.

top topics

join