It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Structures!! Mining Operations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Here’s a pic of suspicious ‘structures’ on a mountainside on Mars. I have marked some of these areas in red and probable air brushing by NASA, in white.

Is that actually liquid spray from a huge nozzle, which has been annotated by JP Skipper? I leave it to you to figure out what it could be. But look very carefully at some other ‘structures’ that have been marked in red. They look pretty suspicious.

All said and done, the pic on the whole is fascinating! Unlike the usual Mars pics that we've gotten used to!

i118.photobucket.com..." border=0>

Courtesy: JP Skipper
Source: NASA-JPL-MSSS
MOC # M11-00009
Loc: Longitude 19.73W – Latitude 03.08
Scaled image Size: 2.91 km wide – 45 km Height

More

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
But look very carefully at some other ‘structures’ that have been marked in red. They look pretty suspicious.

I'm looking but someone put red markers all over the place so I cant see

Can you post an image without the markings?

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Very unusual.

In the middle of picture,the mound is quite like the bridge cross the canal?
For me,it looks like artificial.

By the way, why NASA brushed only the one of million uninteresting grounds on Mars?

[edit on 19-11-2006 by bscale]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Can you post an image without the markings?

Here's the pic without the markings.

Courtesy: JP Skipper
Source: NASA-JPL-MSSS
MOC # M11-00009
Loc: Longitude 19.73W – Latitude 03.08
Scaled image Size: 2.91 km wide – 45 km Height

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Shouldn't the "shadow" be darker nearer the start of the "spray", where it is closer to the ground (and that makes sharper shadows) and less dispersed (and that makes even sharper shadows)?

In fact, near the "nozzle", there is a piece of the shadow missing...

I think that it is only different coloured dust making its way down hill.

As in the other cases, I think its better to see the original.

Bellow you can see the original version of that area, the only thing I did was convert it to a GIF.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the way we adjust the lightness/darkness of the image may change the way we see it, so open that GIF in your favourite imaging software (even Powerpoint, if you want
) and "play" with it, but please do not base your opinions on a "colourised" version of an image that had already its brightness and contrast changed.

I would like to make a suggestion to all people looking at those Mars pictures:

Get Google Earth and see what Earth looks like in places where the conditions are closer to those on Mars, areas with little or no rain to destroy the ground features (deserts) and volcanic areas. You will see that many of those Martian features have "cousins" here on Earth.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hmm... That B/W pic you posted above, when enlarged, looks even more impressive!!
The 'shadow' is more pronounced. And so are other oddities. I don't believe that it's a pic of anything going on, on Mars realtime. But it sure looks like a water/liquid spout frozen in time!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Hmm... That B/W pic you posted above, when enlarged, looks even more impressive!!

That is why I am always telling people to use the original photos.

I don't think that there is something abnormal on those photos, but if we are going to have an opinion about something, we should have that opinion based on the original and not on a copy of a copy.

But it sure looks like a water/liquid spout frozen in time!
Yes, but what many people seem to forget is that a very fine dust has the same behaviour as a liquid, and we can see on some of the photos taken by the Rovers that there is a very fine dust that gathers in some places.

new topics

top topics

join