It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin does it again!!! (poisoned spy)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Kasparov is not the only man who is vocal, but a lot of people listen to him. However I seriously doubt anything will happen to him. He hardly has any foothold in politics to be any real threat to annybody that does.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here's an interesting latest on the Litvinenko saga....

This is a map of all the places the polonium was found during Scotland Yard's investigation. Traces of the radiation were found at a strip club and at a restaurant called Dar Marakesh. The latter is extremely interesting to me, for as far as I can tell, it's a Moroccan restaurant in London. Are we seeing signs that the FSG also met with a Middle Eastern party during the assassination?

Here's the Daily Mail story.

Traces of the polonium-210 were found specifically on a shisha pipe at the restaurant. For those unaware (I had to look it up myself) a shisha is essentially a hooka pipe, like the one below...

[edit on 8/17/2007 by behindthescenes]

[edit on 8/17/2007 by behindthescenes]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Lugovoi: Berezovsky killed Litvinenko & Anna Politkovskaya

Lugovoi claims that British intelligence was involved in the murder of Litvinenko. He also says that Berezovsky killed Litvinenko and Anna Politkovskaya, and that Berezovsky is linked to some other high-profile murders as well...

RIA Novosti: Wrap: Lugovoi says innocent, Berezovsky behind Litvinenko murder

29/ 08/ 2007

The former KGB officer added he was sure that British intelligence was involved in the murder of Litvinenko last November in London.

Lugovoi said that fugitive oligarch Boris Berezovsky was involved in the crime, as well as in the murder of Russian investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya.

"It was a thoroughly planned provocation. I believe there was to have been the chain 'Politkovskaya - Litvinenko - Tregubova [journalist Yelena Tregubova]," Lugovoi told journalists.

[---]

He also said other high-profile murders have direct links to Berezovsky.

"To me, regardless of whether the crime [murder of Politkovskaya] has been solved or not... it is evident who benefited from all these murders, and I think they are directly linked to Berezovsky, just like the murders of [journalist Vladislav] Listyev, [MPs Sergei] Yushenkov, [Vladimir] Golovlyov and all those in his circle to some degree," Lugovoi said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Lugovoi Not Poisoned With Polonium After All

Lugovoi has admitted to danish journalists from Ekstra Bladet that he wasn't treated for Polonium poisoning after all. They only tested him at the hospital.

During a press conference yesterday in Moscow, Lugovoi was talking about how traces of Polonium was found in London 30 days after he left for Moscow, but that they didn't find any traces of Polonium on the plane in which he was travelling to Moscow. "How can you explain that?", he asked. He didn't mention that Scotland Yard didn't get permission to search that plane for Polonium. He was trying to convince the journalists that he was being framed for the murder.

The danish journalist then asked Lugovoi (Note: My translation from danish) : "What did you do at the hospital all of December? What were you treated for? You have previously said that you, your wife and your children were all exposed to Polonium". Lugovoi, who apparently was surprised by this question, turned his back to the journalist and rushed to an elevator. Before he disappeared into the elevator he shouted that he wasn't treated for anything at the hospital, but only tested.

Interesting... A slip of the tongue?

Source:
Ekstra Bladet: Litvinenko-morder afslører sig selv (in danish...)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lugovoi is running for election!!
They say he has a good chance of getting a seat in the Duma.

Litvinenko suspect to run for election as ultra-nationalist

Andrei Lugovoi, the former Russian agent wanted by Britain over the murder of Alexander Litvinenko, is running for election as an ultra-nationalist candidate, the party's leader said Saturday.

Alexander Litvinenko suspect in bid to be MP

Andrei Lugovoi, who is wanted for murder in Britain, could stand for the Russian parliament in elections this December if he receives the support of a national party. According to political sources in Moscow, Lugovo will put his name forward at tomorrow's conference of the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR). It is led by the ultra-nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky and has 35 of the 446 seats in the Duma, the lower house of the Russian parliament. In an interview yesterday with Moscow regional television's Channel 3, Zhirinovsky confirmed that he was proposing Lugovoi as number two on the party list.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here's from Russia Today, regarding Lugovoy's nomination. Lugovoy says that one day, he may run for President...

Lugovoy stands for Duma seat

[edit on 2007/9/18 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Litvinenko's widow is to sue Russia for compensation...

Financial Times: Litvinenko widow to seek court compensation

November 21 2007

The widow of the dissident spy Alexander Litvinenko is to take her case to the European Court of Human Rights in a bid to force the Russian government to accept responsibility for his death and pay compensation.

The move threatens to revive the controversy over an issue that this year brought relations between Britain and Russia to a post-cold war low but which both governments have since tried to avoid getting in the way of bilateral relations.

Marina Litvinenko is expected to confirm that she is pushing ahead with the long-threatened legal action at a high-profile media event in London this week marking the first anniversary of Mr Litvinenko’s death. The move, thought to have the backing of the exiled Russian billionaire Boris Berezovsky, threatens to complicate British efforts to contain the diplomatic fall-out of the Litvinenko affair.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
A former lawyer of Boris Berezovsky, a US citizen, and his secretaty were arrested by the KGB in Belarus on March 12. The KGB denies everything.

Boris Berezovsky’s former lawyer, arrested by Belarus KGB, suspected of document forgery

US citizen Emanuel Zeltser, a former lawyer of Russian tycoon Boris Berezovsky, and his secretary, a citizen of Russia Vladlena Funk, have been placed to the pretrial detention centre of the State Security Committee of Belarus (KGB).

[---]

It says the Belarus' KGB, despite media reports for more than a week saying it is holding Zeltser and Funk in a detention facility outside Minsk, on March 21 continued to deny knowledge of the pair.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Mystery Unsolved

The elephant-in-the-room has been brushed under the carpet...

The Specter That Haunts the Death of Litvinenko - March 19, 2008 - The New York Sun (Page 4)

March 19, 2008

In terms of a public relations tactic, it resulted in a brilliant success by putting the blame on Russian stonewalling for the failure to solve the mystery. What it obscured is the elephant-in-the-room that haunts the case: the fact that a crucial component for building an early-stage nuke was smuggled into London in 2006. Was it brought in merely as a murder weapon or as part of a transaction on the international arms market?

[---]

The stakes are too high here to leave unresolved the mystery of the smuggled Polonium-210.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Here's an interview with Edward Jay Epstein.

Litvinenko death: sensational new revelations

What brought about the death of Russia's former security officer Aleksandr Litvinenko in London in 2006? Was he really poisoned with radioactive polonium-210? American journalist Edward Jay Epstein is hunting for the truth and reveals his sensational findings in an exclusive interview to RT.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A new video from RussaToday, talking about the Litvinenko case. They're not too impressed by the way the case has been handled by the British.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Almost two years ago (November 25, 2006) I made a post to this thread speculating on this very possibility, that Letveneko's death was somehow tied to the possible construction of a nuclear device:

Originally posted By Bhadhidar.
By far the most worrisome bit of information I was able to gleen regarding Po-210 is that, due to its facility as a strong neutron source, Polonium-210 can be used as a trigger For Nuclear Weapons!

Here's my take on the matter:

Suppose you belonged to an organization that was assembling a nuclear device in an "enemy" country...

It is certainly unnerving to have my seemingly paranoid musings come back now, backed by the weight of a recognized investigative journalist, to haunt me.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
how do you know Putin did it?

why not Bush or his little Blair puppy.

everyone is possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Berezovsky's former lawyer, Emanuel Zeltser, has been hospitalized.

US lawyer jailed in Belarus on commercial spy charges hospitalized

The US citizen Emanuel Zeltser, an attorney who was jailed in Minsk, was transported from the capital city to Mogilev colony No 15 and was immediately hospitalized, online paper Khartiya’97 reports.
His lawyers call Zeltser’s arrest in March by the Belarus KGB on a commercial espionage charge politically motivated, the Associated Press marks. Zeltser was sentenced to three years in prison in August and lost an appeal.

US Department of State: Belarus: Update on Emanuel Zeltser

November 17, 2008

Based on his poor state of health, we continue to call upon the Belarusian authorities to release Mr. Zeltser on humanitarian grounds. The U.S. Embassy in Minsk and the Department of State will continue to provide full consular services to Emanuel Zeltser as long as he remains imprisoned in Belarus

RFE/RL: Imprisoned U.S. Lawyer In Belarus Taken To Hospital

November 17, 2008

"His blood pressure rose sharply and the prison administration was obliged to send him to the hospital," Harachka told Reuters. He said he had no further details, but intended to visit Zeltser later in the day.

The U.S. State Department has repeatedly called for Zeltser's release on health grounds. His conviction is an irritant in ties between the United States and Belarus.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Lugovoy

RussiaToday made an exclusive interview with Lugovoy in the Russian Duma.

Andrey Lugovoy, suspected by Scotland Yard of murdering former FSB officer Alexander Litvinenko, gives his version of the mysterious Polonium 210 poisoning in an exclusive interview with RT.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here's a new thread. Lugovoy has apparently been appointed to the security committee of the Duma.

Litvinenko suspect given key security role (by Jakes51)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Berezovsky's former lawyer, American citizen Emanuel Zeltser who was arrested in Belarus March 12 last year, has now been pardoned.

Belarus Leader Pardons U.S. Lawyer, Seeks Better Ties

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenka has pardoned a U.S. lawyer jailed on charges of industrial espionage, and expressed the hope that the move would help strained relations with Washington.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

but he was eating raw fish....

I eat raw fish often, and have never been sick. Don't know about them Soviet sushi joints, but most elsewhere have a high standard of freshness.

posted on Mar, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just saw a new documentary on danish tv about Litvinenko's death. It's possibly been made because of the recent Russian hits on british soil. In this documentary, it was never mentioned that Litvinenko outed Flemming Rose (The Mohammad cartoons) as a Russian agent. I'm not surprised. However, I'm surprised they never mentioned in this documentary, that Litvinenko converted to Islam just before he died. Maybe they didn't think it was relevant? Maybe it wasn't? And now, Berezovsky is dead as well. Some say he commited suicide, while others claim he was murdered by Russia. These days, Flemming Rose is host on several danish tv-programs, as a "Russian expert". Maybe Litvinenko was wrong about him being a Russian agent?

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join