It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin does it again!!! (poisoned spy)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is getting to become almost an all-out spook war.

Now apparently another ardent investigative analyst, whose conclusions implicated Putin in the Thallium murders, was shot in his D.C. area driveway.

Here's the story.

Wake up, everyone. Putin's power plays are not his way of asserting Russia's standing in the world. This man is a master chess player, and he's manipulating the world from behind-the-scenes in a way unparalleled since perhaps Napoleon. Putin likens his position to that of a modern day czar, and he will stop at nothing to consolidate that power.

And anyone who stands in his way-- at least with any influence -- is going to be killed.

FDS

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Two US women Poisoned with thallium in Russia

I have a great idea , lets blame every death on Putin...oh wait a minute, everyone is doing thisn already

Maybe they were Bush critics???

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It is more fun to blame it all on Putin. No one in US is aware of his actual policies, strong Russia=evil, he was in KGB, he has a weird dictator-like name, and he is one sinister looking guy. I mean come-on he is the perfect villain.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

he was in KGB, he has a weird dictator-like name, and he is one sinister looking guy. I mean come-on he is the perfect villain.

I've heard that Putin was going to sue the creators of Dobby...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Who needs lawsuits when you have polonium. I mean isn't polonium the official Russian diplomacy tool now according to the West? Any one else want to "negotiate"?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Berezovsky was questioned today in London by Russian investigators. Since Berezovsky is a target for FSB and Moscow, it was brave of him to agree to be questioned by them.

RIA Novosti: Update: Russian investigators question Berezovsky, Zakayev in Litvinenko case

30/ 03/ 2007

When asked what kind of questions he had been asked, Berezovsky said: "I had the impression that he [the investigator] was a tax inspector or a major Russian bank representative, who wanted to learn where my and my family's accounts were and what fortune Alexander Litvinenko had, how much he had in his account and who will inherit his fortune."

The businessman said that the investigator switched to more topical questions after Berezovsky protested.

[---]

"To the best of my knowledge, of all the people the Prosecutor General's Office wanted to meet - in total more than 100 - only three have agreed: Zakayev, me and someone I don't know," he said.

Berezovsky and Chechen rebel emissary Zakayev were both granted political asylum in the U.K. after fleeing Russia, where they are wanted on charges of fraud and complicity in terrorism, respectively.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Lugovoy, Kovtun and Sokolenko might be arrested and charged for Litvinenko's murder.

Poison: KGB men to face Litvinenko murder charges

Scotland Yard detectives are to issue arrest warrants against three former KGB officers suspected of poisoning ex-Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko.

[---]

Warrants are expected to be issued against Andrei Lugovoy, Dmitri Kovtun and Vyacheslav Sokolenko within the next few weeks.

Other sources:
Poison: KGB men to face Litvinenko murder charges
Police to issue arrest warrants for Litvinenko three: report (AFP via Yahoo)
BakuTODAY.net: British police to issue arrest warrants for Litvinenko three: report

[edit on 2007/4/22 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Some Breaking news on this,

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) is to make an announcement regarding the fatal poisoning of Russian security agent Alexander Litvinenko.

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
NineMSN link

from news link British prosecutors have demanded Russia extradite an ex-KGB agent to face murder charges over the death of former spy Alexander Litvinenko, plunging chilly ties with Moscow to a new low.

Russian authorities immediately said they would not hand over Andrei Lugovoi despite London's demands for "full cooperation" over the Cold War-style affair

from same linkRussia is also at odds with the West over the US missile defence system to be deployed in central Europe and United Nations plans to grant Kosovo independence from its ally Serbia

yep its definately interesting, and that link also notes that the Russia/US political climate is getting chilly also.

Can someone turn up the heater its getting chilly in here

edit to fix quotes

[edit on 23/5/07 by Obliv_au]

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Scoop?

In response to being officially charged for Litvinenkos murder, Lugovoi has promised "a scoop" that will dramatically change the attitude of the British public towards Russians who have settled in the UK (Berezovsky?).

Regnum: Lugovoi promises a scoop after being officially charged for Litvinenko’s murder

05/23/2007

Lugovoi repeatedly announced he was not involved in the case and promised a sensation that would change attitudes of British public opinion towards Russians, who have recently settled in the UK.

I wonder what kind of "sensation" he is talking about. They will probably try to blame Berezovsky for the murder. However, Berezovsky being a mafia boss does not convince me that he killed Litvinenko. I still believe that this is the works of a rival mafia boss, Mogilevich.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They have found lots of traces of polonium in the UK after Litvinenko was murdered. Suitcase nuke + polonium = armed suitcase nuke. I wonder if some of these traces could possibly be related to arming of such devices in the UK? Was the murder of Litvinenko a message to someone in the UK (other than Berezovsky)? If someone has such device(s) hidden in the UK and has now armed them, could they use this to blackmail the UK?

I believe that Kim tested one of these devices with North Korea's "nuke test". If Kim have had this/these device(s) for a little while, the polonium to arm the(se) nuke(s) must have been added later, due to the short halflife of polonium. Does this mean that polonium was delivered to North Korea right before this "nuke test"?

I'm not sure how long such armed devices will remain armed, before they'll need more polonium in order to arm them again.

Related ATS Threads:
Was Victor Litvinenko a Terrorist?
The World's Most Accessible Nuclear Facility
FSB (KGB) Are Coming To UK To Rehearse A Terror Attack

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hellmutt, are you confusing polonium with plutonium?

One is poison, the other nuclear fuel right?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't think Hellmutt has anything wrong.

Polonium is used as a particle source in some nuclear weapons designs to help initiate the nuclear reaction.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think Hellmutt has anything wrong.

Polonium is used as a particle source in some nuclear weapons designs to help initiate the nuclear reaction.

Most older style nukes used Po-210 as a neutron source. Problem was, the it needs changing every 6 months or so, which was hazardous and detrimental to the life of the warhead.

The suitcase nukes used them as well, which was the premise of my thread about Litvinenko having something to do with the missing bombs from the USSR.

EDIT: Spelled neuron instead of neutron..doh!

[edit on 7/6/07 by stumason]

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Berezovsky vs. Russia

Berezovsky is on trial in Moscow today. Berezovsky himself is not in Russia of course. Berezovsky is charged with conspiring to seize power in Russia in a violent coup, as well as money laundering. His lawyers says that he's innocent, but they expect the court to declare him guilty anyway...

Reuters: Russia charges Berezovsky with coup plot

Jul 2, 2007

Russian prosecutors have brought criminal charges against emigre tycoon Boris Berezovsky on suspicion of plotting to seize power, his lawyer said on Monday.

"He has been charged with conspiring to seize power in a violent coup," Andrei Borovkov, Berezovsky's lawyer told journalists

Interfax: Berezovsky defense lawyers expect guilty verdict

Jul 02, 2007

Lawyers for exiled tycoon Boris Berezovsky, who is charged with embezzling funds from Aeroflot, say their client is innocent but expect the court to declare him guilty anyway.

The Guardian: Exile Berezovsky stays in London as Moscow puts him on trial

July 2, 2007

The former oligarch and arch-critic of the Kremlin Boris Berezovsky is to go on trial in Moscow today accused of money laundering and embezzlement, in a case likely to put further strain on UK-Russian relations.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Terror attack that would shake all of Russia and the whole world

Vyacheslav Zharko, an ex-FSB agent, claims that Litvinenko apart from planning to kill Putin and planning a series of terror attacks, allegedly also planned a terror attack which would shake all Russia and the whole world.

Russian ex-agent who claims recruited by MI-6 accused late Litvinenko of preparations to murder Putin

The former officer of the Federal Security Service (FSB) of the Russian Federation, Alexander Litvinenko, poisoned in London by radioactive polonium in November, 2006, probably, planned murder of the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin, and had been preparing for a series of acts of terrorism, one of which " would shake all Russia and the whole world ", ex-FSB agent Vyacheslav Zharko is quoted today by the Moscow-based daily Izvestia as saying.

But, who is this guy Zharko anyway? He seems to be bragging about UK taxpayers paying him for his fantasies...

Russian agent claims hired by Britain through Litvinenko

Jun 29 2007

"At the time I was not working in secret agencies and had no access to classified information, so I would go into the Internet, make an analysis, add a speculation or two -- and if British taxpayers paid for my fantasies, I certainly was not against it," Zharko said.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, lets just hope Vladimir wasnt allowed to be alone while on his visit to Kennebunkport,

I can just see the secret service following him everywhere in the house JUST IN CASE.

He's got nasty habits.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
UK: Berezovsky Not a Criminal

UK refuses to treat Berezovsky as a criminal, and he will not be stripped of his refugee status.

RIA Novosti: U.K. refuses to treat Berezovsky as criminal over coup interview

05/ 07/ 2007

British prosecutors said Thursday the U.K. will not open criminal proceedings against Russian fugitive oligarch Boris Berezovsky, recently accused by Russia of calls to overthrow the government.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Russia Refuses To Extradite Lugovoi

And also today (coincident?) Russia officially refused to extradite Litvinenko's suspected killer, Lugovoi.

RFE/RL:Russia Refuses To Extradite Litvinenko Suspect

July 5, 2007

Russian prosecutors said today they had officially refused a British extradition request for Andrei Lugovoi, the prime suspect in the murder of former Russian security officer Aleksandr Litvinenko.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
UK Expels Four Russian Diplomats

Because Russia refuse to extradite Lugovoi, UK now expels four Russian diplomats!

BBC: UK expels four Russian diplomats

The UK is to expel four diplomats from the Russian embassy in London after Moscow refused to extradite the suspect in the murder of Alexander Litvinenko.

This is serious!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join