It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why People That Have Opinions Are Ignorant. Deny Ignorance? Then, What is an opinion? Prejudice!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher,

I want to ask you something...are you sure we're not aware of our subconscious?

I personally believe we are, but only at limited times and that's all our fault. I think if we tried to be aware of it we could be aware of it constantly, but I'm not sure how functional we would be - or maybe I should rephrase that as I don't know what type of functioning being we would be. I wonder if we would come off as some medically diagnosed disorder - like schizophrenic, or such. It's a curious thing to consider how we would be viewed and how we would act.

I do believe we have moments of total awareness of our subconscious, but we may not be cognizant of what it is we are experiencing. The ignorance may come in not identifying what we have become aware of. I believe epiphanies are these moments, but also (for me at least, so I'll say this for me and not anyone else), there are moments that I am FULLY aware of my subconscious and can identify that that is what I have "connected with". This is a phenomenon that I haven't actually considered before so you are making me think more on it. My question (to myself and to you) is - are these moments that my subconscious literally screams at me and makes me connect to it moments in which some thing (whether it be a realization or a threat or an idea) so important to the subconscious me that it breaks through the barrier of unawareness to get its message across?

Very interesting mental fodder surrounding all of this.

[edit on 11-25-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Esoteric Teacher,

I want to ask you something...are you sure we're not aware of our subconscious?

not consciously, yes. i am sure. without experience to the contrary, what basis for reference would people hold up for comparison when judging my words? if it is not the truth, then it is opinion. with no basis for comparison, what point of reference would one have?

like schizophrenic, or such. It's a curious thing to consider how we would be viewed and how we would act.

it is not a curious thing to consider how others would view you. it is an automatic response to the fear of not feeling accepted or needed. besides, what is schizophrenia? isn't it the ultimate goal of a multi-tasking mind?

I do believe we have moments of total awareness of our subconscious, but we may not be cognizant of what it is we are experiencing.

I bet my soul against the whole of existance that unless a person has deleted the instinct of: "self before i serve" aka "self preservation", then they have never been cognizant of what it is they are experiencing, nor have they ever been. this is the reason for this thread.

The ignorance may come in not identifying what we have become aware of.

or never identifying what the core of the opinion has never been aware of.

My question (to myself and to you) is - are these moments that my subconscious literally screams at me and makes me connect to it moments in which some thing (whether it be a realization or a threat or an idea) so important to the subconscious me that it breaks through the barrier of unawareness to get its message across?

again, every essence of all that i will ever be, all i have ever been, and all that i am, this is what i wager if i am lying to you now. here is my answer to your question: It is only our opinions that prevent people from knowing that they can remember everywhere their soul has been. What is breaking through, or trying to, is you, your true consciousness, and your being, which seems to be in bondage by you. the part of yourself that will always remain true to you, your soul, the part of you that does not permit you that refuses to be defined by the fears of others' opinions.

Very interesting mental fodder surrounding all of this.

Me, too. which is why we press forward. to learn about ourselves, and do battle against the root cause of ignorance within. not by belittling, or war, but rather by exchanging truths to find truth that is compatibility. we are looking for the same thing you and i:

"with whom is my truth compatible with?"

but the truth does not seem to be compatible with anyone's opinion, or their opinion would not still be seeking the truth.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Go stand in front of someone, and face eachother. Stand directly in front of them, facing them, and ask them to raise their right hand. then raise your right hand. Are your right hands on the same side?

Questions for you to ask yourself:

1) How many animals are familiar with their reflection in a mirror?

2) How many animals can acknowledge their own reflection?

3) How many animals can recognize their own reflection?

4) How many single celled organisms can acknowledge and recognize and accept a mirror image for what it is?

5) How many single celled organisms are within you?

I wonder how conscious of my self's subconscious has to be to realize that my brain cells have difficulty exchanging information between them, because the cells that are taking in the information do not have enough empathy to comprehend that the signal they are recieving is a mirror image of the signal sent to them.

<< 1  2   >>

join