It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Man's Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hello there,I live in Whittier california which is not that far from Los Angeles CA. I have been recently been intrested in the paranormal since i came upon a site claiming all the major hanted areas in california. As i went through the list i stumpled upon Dead Man's Park which is officially known as Founder's Memorial Park Which is not that far from my house. Ive seen many stories on the web about it but maybe some stories about people who visited this place recently can tell me a little about what creeps in the night there.My cousin and I along with acouple friends were thinking about checking it out and doing sum idiotic things there.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by IvDiz]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvDiz
My cousin and I along with acouple friends were thinking about checking it out and doing sum idiotic things there.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by IvDiz]

What exactly do you mean by 'Idiotic things'?

Let me tell you that, as a former Satanist and Occultist, the Dead do not like to be disturbed. I take it that you are talking about Ouija boards and candles and such?

Unless you really study the topic of the Paranormal, I'd advise against doing ANYTHING in regards to corpses and their final place of rest. Even if you do study it, please take my warnings seriously.

The dead have more power than you could possibly comprehend.

There is a reason i am a 'former' Satanist and Occultist.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yeah I would listen to Unrealised, that stuff is not to be messed with unless you have studied and trained in the subject and how to protect yourself from its....side effects; since you called it idiotic I would assume you don't. However get yourself some decent camera equipment and some of your typical "ghost hunting gear," and go nuts; I personally would love to see the results, as I had not heard of this cemetery before. No harm in your typical ghost hunt, I just would advise against "the idiotic."

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Let me tell you that, as a former Satanist and Occultist, the Dead do not like to be disturbed. I take it that you are talking about Ouija boards and candles and such?

really , so a policy of aggressive harrasment of the " blessed sleep of the dead " would be the best and fastest way to ensure a response from them in the hope of capturing emperical evience of "the after life " ?

Unless you really study the topic of the Paranormal, I'd advise against doing ANYTHING in regards to corpses and their final place of rest. Even if you do study it, please take my warnings seriously.

the only thing i will agree with here is that most juristictions have criminal statutes prohibiting physical tampering with graves .

as for your " warning " i would view that as an invitation to explore the scientific validity of such claims

The dead have more power than you could possibly comprehend.

the dead are DEAD and i can conceptulise infine power , so please do not tell me what i can , or cannot comprehend .

if they have this " massive power " , them securing emperical evidence of it will be so much easier

[edit on 21-11-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
What exactly do you mean by 'Idiotic things'?

I didnt mean idiotic in that way,thats taking it way too far. I meant it in a way of going to that area. Boys night out in such. I really dont mind you being a satanist,i do listen to alot of satanic music like black metal and such bands as morbid angel and cannibal corpse,anyway back to subject, Ive noticed that when you scroll over the location on google satelite map,there seems to be red buldges all over the area. Its kind of odd that theres only red buldges on only that area and not around the park. Ive vistited this area yesterday and saw that its divided into 2 halfs and its inside of a neighbor hood.You can go ahead and check the area out on google maps.Me and acouple buddies will go down there around the week with camras and lights to further inspect this area.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by IvDiz]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 22-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

fhe dead are DEAD and i can conceptulise infine power , so please do not tell me what i can , or cannot comprehend .

if they have this " massive power " , them securing emperical evidence of it will be so much easier

Ignorant Ape (hehe) I was trying to give somebody of an obviously young age a bit of advice.

You have probably not seen or heard or even felt a ghost judging by your typical scientifically driven response. Science can prove what we tell it to prove, not the things that may evade our scientific study.

As a (former) Satanist, I am prone to believe in Science and that proving things is the best way to avoid being blinded by a possible Lie. Certain things, however, may slip by our current understanding of the universe and the many incanations of life that it could hold.

I agree with you, as stated, that scientific study is certainly the best way to validate the possible existence of entites that as yet haven't been proven. I do however believe that it is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to areas such as this, as we do not, I repeat, DO NOT know what happens to our consciousness when our bodies die. We do know, and I know from experience as an Undertaker that our physical bodies deteriorate back into the Earth. However, what makes us sentient, the mysterious part of us that our brains apparently control is still under debate as to its fate upon death.

In the meantime, we might as well fill our heads with the hope that science is the one and only answer and that bowing down to it will make us smarter people.

Oh, and as for you asking me not to tell you what you can comprehend; whatever dude, I was talking to the first poster. I simply put a little warning sticker on the idea of messing around in a grave-yard.

Oh, and don't forget to one day Die with the thought of a black and empty oblivion, too.

I know it makes me sleep well at night.

I'm done now.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Unrealised]

[edit on 22-11-2006 by Unrealised]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 22-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Ignorant Ape (hehe) I was trying to give somebody of an obviously young age a bit of advice.

18 is not that young.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by IvDiz]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

18 is not that young.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by IvDiz]

Oh, dude, sorry man. Didn't mean to offend. Put it this way, I'm almost 27 and I'm still learning.

I'm a thousand times different to when I was 18. Time brings wisdom (or is it arrogance ?
)

Back to the topic: If there was an energy emmited by possible spectres, would it be traceable? If a camera operates by catching light on a photo-receptive plate, would it pick up (usually) possible invisible entities?

For example, there has been talk about 'rods' on this website that has brought up harsh debate. They could be aliens, or something else. I read a post tha stated that 'rods' (streams of light captured on film) are simply a bug, or some other fast moving object that is captured by the camera depending on its shutter speed.

The debate goes even further once digital cameras are involved.

Ghosts, rods, you name it and it comes under scrutiny for the simple fact that unexplained things, by human nature, need to be explained.

Perhaps some things can't be explained because they are:

1. Not real

2. Our current understanding of technology does not permit it.

3. The 'entities' do not permit it.

4. We as humans cannot stand to know the truth.

The list could go on and on.

The best advice I can give is to study, research, ask questions and if possible, perform your own experiments on any topic that captures your imagination. Maybe you could tear apart an old television and hook it up to a metal detector and half of an air conditioner.

We just don't know until we try.

Some of the greatest technological and knowledgeable leaps in human history were made by improvisation or chance.

Word up.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well Me and my cousin Finaly arrived at this area today,it was pretty creepy. Nothing really happend except for the fact that it was FREEZING COLD in that area,and it was really dark.I will have a video up soon. The only wierd thing we saw was that a wierd smudge kept on appearing,we flashed a light at it and it would appear and re-appear. The trees though also seemed odd. It looked like there was Faces in the trees. The video will be upsoon as soon as i edit it,We also made acouple of trips to other areas which will be on the video when we decide to release it.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To "Unrealized"
You say that you are a former Satanist,Occultist and a former Undertaker???!
My question to you is what were you doing to the bodies?
I sure hope none of my dead relatives ended up meeting you!

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Well Me and my cousin Finaly arrived at this area today,it was pretty creepy. Nothing really happend except for the fact that it was FREEZING COLD in that area,and it was really dark.I will have a video up soon. The only wierd thing we saw was that a wierd smudge kept on appearing,we flashed a light at it and it would appear and re-appear. The trees though also seemed odd. It looked like there was Faces in the trees. The video will be upsoon as soon as i edit it,We also made acouple of trips to other areas which will be on the video when we decide to release it.

I know the "tree feeling" well, it is always there for me if I go on a "hunt" or anything similar. Although I really believe that it is a product of our mind seeing what we want to see, not actually being a paranormal event.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hi there Baphomet,was wondering if you ever heard of any strange happenings in a cemetery in other countries like The united states.Similar to the famous chase Vault in the barbados where coffins mysteriously moved around several times until they finally removed the coffins and buried them in a different location.The vault there remains empty,here is a link to the pictures...
www.caribbeantravelforums.com...

As a hunt ,it would be interesting to set up a camera and see what is moving them,Barbados is too far though.That's why I'm wondering if an experiment could be set up in a similar vault.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Video will be out soon. It covers about the park and stuff. I noticed something really crazy about the smudge i saw. It will be out on the video,it was really creepy once i figured out,the odd thing. I cant say because i dont want to spoil the crazy fact.

top topics

join