It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to Block The Religious Forum from my browser?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How about a button to Ignore
Whole Sections of this Board

Id like to block

Conspiracies in Religion & Spiritualism

Yes im to Stupid ..as not to get sucked into
The Moronic posting in this forum

Thx

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
ROFL!!!

Uh... you know... that might not be a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Oh come on man. It's fun watching the xian fundamentalists bash all other religions. I enjoy making fun of those who make fun of others beliefs.

In all honesty though, I sorta agree with you. There are some good things that could come of blocking that forum. Such as me not having to watch people bash my religion because they don't understand it.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
They invented Astro-Turf to eliminate real world turf...

and got a bunch of unexpected consequences...

careful what you wish for...

link   
So...I'm not surprised. You can't even handle seeing the word "religious" now....LOL....you gonna die!!
No where to run to...baby...no where to hide...hahahahhaha.

link   
There has got to be more to this than what you are saying. If it bothers you so much to have posted a thread on it, then explain your problem with it. I don't like the religious channels on tv (I have 3 or 4 on my cable provider) but I can just click past them when channel surfing. I am a deist, but it doesn't bother me when I see the forum come up in recent posts. I know you might slam me for asking this, so I await your

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Naa Man they really make me Sick with
their IGNORANCE

Sorry

I really dont want to get banned
For telling them what I really think about them

your answer is im Stupid and Weak
and cant keep from getting sucked into
the B S
The only way it doesnt burn my ass
is not to see it

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by straterx]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
No flames dark. No need for them.

I post/browse more for the amusement of watching people from different religions tell each other about how they are better than a person from a different religion. It's all BS.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by straterx

No, you are not stupid or weak. Having an opinion is great. I have read some of your posts and happen to think they are intelligently formed. So, if one particular forum bugs you, just work that much harder to ignore it.
Personally I can't stand the Political Mudpit, I am politically illiterate. I don't know anything about politics other than the labels used to describe peoples thoughts/behaviors/opinions (Wow...it's much like a religion huh'?).
Anyway, you won't get banned for speaking your mind. Take it easy and relax a bit.
Life's too short to dance with stupid people.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"Conspiracies in religion" is redundant anyway. Organized religion itself is a conspiracy, a conspiracy of ignorance and mediocrity. Christians can be annoying, but new agers who rave about 2012 tend to be just as annoying. I read the forum just to get a chuckle at the amount of stuff people tend to believe in blindly.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Religious fools are so easy to debunk!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I understand some of the posts are complete crap. However I do enjoy reading people's idea's, its how we grow and begin to understand things from perspectives other than our own.

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Do this instead.

Don't click on any of the topic pretaining to that forum. Simple as that.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Religious discussions are all over this site. Tough to block them all.:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
just bury your head in the sand.
works as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
have faith in god. he will block it for you.
(only the REAL god, though, ....that is the reformed born again orthodox baptised fundamentalist united witness god that strikes down the unworthy with mighty lightning bolts, and strikes down the worthy with ....uh, ....even bigger lightning bolts).

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
IGGIED?? or Bug? I cant see the originators posts on this thread.

\

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yeah... personally, I'd like to block any Mudpit posts that come my way. It's like sticking your arm into a basket of rabid wolverines when you post on there. Even then, I just want to block any new posts coming up from the Pit and the Religious forums. I wouldn't mind visiting a few every now and again, but my preference and interest goes to other areas. I jsut want to concentrate the topics a little, you know?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You can run but there's nowhere to hide

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
Naa Man they really make me Sick with
their IGNORANCE

Sorry

I really dont want to get banned
For telling them what I really think about them

and cant keep from getting sucked into
the B S
The only way it doesnt burn my ass
is not to see it

yup, you ARE weak and stupid (using your words) if you simply cant make the choice to stay away from the forum...

i'm not a fan of religion and i think most who do follow them are sheeple and ocassionaly i do drift into that forum and post but i remain respectful as they have the right to practice any religion any way they see fit just as i have the right to NOT practice any religion at all.

the problem lies with you. you choose to come to this board and going into that forum is also a choice. i am picking up this vibe from you, an air of smugness as if YOUR choice in life is THE choice and everyone else is wrong. because you feel they are ignorant does not make things so, maybe you just dont understand their faith in something you cant or wont comprehend. i'm not saying thats how it is either but its simply a possibility. you seem pretty intolerant and i dont like that one bit but you're certainly entitled to this opinion of yours no matter how small minded it may be. seems you have a little bit of ignorance in you as well.

i see no need to have a forum filter because someone thinks they cant avoid a certain forum. you can avoid the forum, you just dont want to. this is like the fat guy that sued mcdonalds because he claimed he couldnt help it he got fat even though he ate there almost everyday for decades...claiming it was THEIR fault!

accept responsibility for what you do and then make the changes you want to see happen. dont expect the world (or this board) to bend to you, thats not how the world works.

top topics

join