It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
There is massive inequality in the world - such that anyone currently using a keyboard/internet connection cannot comprehend.
written in 2003:
George W. Bush will go down in history as America's worst environmental president. In a ferocious three year attack, the Bush administration has initiated more than 200 major rollbacks of America's environmental laws, weakening the protection of our country's air, water, public lands and wildlife. Cloaked in meticulously crafted language designed to deceive the public, the administration intends to eliminate the nation's most important environmental laws by the end of the year....
Today, George W. Bush and his court are treating our country as a grab bag for robber barons, doling out the commons to large polluters. Last year, as the calamitous rollbacks multiplied, the corporate-owned TV networks devoted less than four percent of their news minutes to environmental stories. If they knew the truth, most Americans would share my fury that this president is allowing his corporate cronies to steal America from our children.
source: "The Gospel According to RFK - Why it Matters Now" edited with commentary by Norman MacAfee - Copyright 2004 by Westview Press
There are numerous respected scientists that maintain that Global Warming is a joke, and that the planet is merely going through a cycle in which temperatures fluctuate, as it has been doing throughout its entire history.
'There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.'
Now, go on and discredit all that I just recounted. Blah, blah, he's just a politician, doesn't know what he's talking about, etc. That's fine
and the Japanese became the new threat. They, too, were about to own most of the U.S. But then the Japanese economy suddenly went to pieces -- all by itself, with no help from the U.S. government.
Mankind is arrogant indeed to think that a few emissions can cause the destruction of the climate.
1. Carbon dioxide from power plants
2. Carbon dioxide emitted from cars
3. Carbon dioxide from trucks
4. Carbon dioxide from airplanes
5. Carbon dioxide from buildings
–noun a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas, CO, that burns with a pale-blue flame, produced when carbon burns with insufficient air: used chiefly in organic synthesis, metallurgy, and in the preparation of metal carbonyls, as nickel carbonyl.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source carbon monoxide
n. A colorless, odorless, highly poisonous gas, CO, formed by the incomplete combustion of carbon or a carbonaceous material, such as gasoline.
–noun a colorless, odorless, incombustible gas, CO2, present in the atmosphere and formed during respiration, usually obtained from coal, coke, or natural gas by combustion, from carbohydrates by fermentation, by reaction of acid with limestone or other carbonates, or naturally from springs: used extensively in industry as dry ice, or carbon dioxide snow, in carbonated beverages, fire extinguishers, etc.
Carbon monoxide has an indirect radiative forcing effect by elevating concentrations of methane and tropospheric ozone through chemical reactions with other atmospheric constituents (e.g., the hydroxyl radical, OH) that would otherwise destroy them. Carbon monoxide is created when carbon-containing fuels are burned incompletely.
Through natural processes in the atmosphere, it [Carbon Monoxide] is eventually oxidized to carbon dioxide.
The emissions produced by a vehicle fall into two basic categories:
Tailpipe emissions: This is what most people think of when they think of vehicle air pollution; the products of burning fuel in the vehicle's engine, emitted from the vehicle's exhaust system. The major pollutants emitted include:
1. Hydrocarbons: this class is made up of unburned or partially burned fuel, and is a major contributor to urban smog, as well as being toxic.
2. Nitrogen oxides (NOx): These are generated when nitrogen in the air reacts with oxygen under the high temperature and pressure conditions inside the engine. NOx emissions contribute to both smog and acid rain.
3. Carbon monoxide (CO): a product of incomplete combustion, carbon monoxide reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen and are dangerous to people with heart disease.
4. Carbon dioxide (CO2): although this is a product of the complete combustion of hydrocarbons, is plentiful in the atmosphere, has no immediate harmful effects to humans and is essential to plant life, emissions of carbon dioxide are considered a pollutant because it is a significant greenhouse gas and source: en.wikipedia.org...
4. Carbon dioxide (CO2): although this is a product of the complete combustion of hydrocarbons, is plentiful in the atmosphere, has no immediate harmful effects to humans and is essential to plant life, emissions of carbon dioxide are considered a pollutant because it is a significant greenhouse gas
emissions of carbon dioxide are considered a pollutant because it is a significant greenhouse gas
It may just be that I'm an inferior researcher, but every source I've found, including government sources, talks exclusively about carbon dioxide, and doesn't mention carbon monoxide at all.
You continue to go on about the fact that carbon dioxide is harmless and carbon monoxide is the alleged problem. What's your source?