It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another way to win Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Why not make Iraq part of America with American laws? We did win the war after all.

Iraq could be broken into three parts. Each part should be made into a state of the United States and all federal laws enforced with the US military. The States should then be set up politically just like the other 50 states are.

In history most wars fought ended with the victor assimilating the losers lands, people and wealth into its own. This one could be no different.

Once made a state, the framework for peace, law and freedom would easily be put into place.

The US armed forces would then clean up insurgents with lethal force and ignore civilian casualties until such time no more insurgents and terrorist exist in the states in any meaningful way.

I do not support this necessarily but it is one way that the US could bring lasting peace to Iraq that none has spoken of.

What are your ideas to bring peace to this horrible situation Bush policy has caused?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Why not make Iraq part of America with American laws? We did win the war after all.

I REALLY doubt any one person in Iraq would ever go for that (Ever, in any reality)Saying that our culture, our laws, and way of life is better, so we have to impose Iraq to follow us into it I'm pretty sure OUR western culture isnt really popular in Iraq, or in most other countries. and it would just show basically the rest of the world that we do think we are better than everyone else.

In history most wars fought ended with the victor assimilating the losers lands, people and wealth into its own. This one could be no different.

Yeah, look at germany

Once made a state, the framework for peace, law and freedom would easily be put into place.

changing the way things are run dosent mean a change of the peoples actions.

The US armed forces would then clean up insurgents with lethal force and ignore civilian casualties until such time no more insurgents and terrorist exist in the states in any meaningful way.

Ignore civilian casualties? im pretty sure thats what they're inadvertently doing now.

I do not support this necessarily but it is one way that the US could bring lasting peace to Iraq that none has spoken of.

Hopfully no one ever does.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by thixotrophy]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't want Iraq to be a state of the United States. That means we actually have to solve their problems.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I don't want Iraq to be a state of the United States. That means we actually have to solve their problems.

I'm pretty sure we're already attempting to solve their "problems" The whole democracy thing and all.

new topics

top topics

join