It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinion of Your New System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
well it has finally happened. the ps3 launched yesterday , with only a few shootings and muggings(lol). tonight the wii launches.

this thread is where u leave your opinion of the wii, ps3, or xbox(gears of war)

im gettin a wii tonight so ill write my opinion on it tomorrow. i will leave something about gears of war. amazing game! too bad the multiplayer has so few players.

did anyone get a ps3 ? tell us about it. i gotta run but i look forward to reading what everyone thinks about what they bought.

peace

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
lol, I was playing the PS3 the other day at a Target, and when I was finished with my playtime(I was playing Madden '07) and went to the Wii lineup(which was MUCH longer btw) some kid broke the controller in half!
I found Madden to be fairly solid on PS3, though the Control scheme in no way compares to the Wii. You have to move you grip too much on the PS3 controller(just as I predicted) and it ruined immersion for me, despite the pretty graphics. I was more immersed in the Wii Madden version right from the start.

Gears of War... not much of a fan of that game. It just seems to be more of the same. The games that I'm waiting for with Baited breath for the 360 is Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, and GTA 4. I hope the bring the GTA 3 Trilogy to the Wii. I want to see how Rockstar adapts to the Wiimote.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well I'm looking forward to getting my Wii at Christmas.

I'm not even going to touch a PS3, it's too expensive, won't come out for ages and there was only a few games on the PS2 that I liked.

Wii will be the overall winner this Chrimbo, the 360 has sold enough already, the PS3 is too pricy and in short supply, but the Wii is cheap and plentiful.

I think I'll stick with the Wii and my 360.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Well I'm looking forward to getting my Wii at Christmas.

I'm not even going to touch a PS3, it's too expensive, won't come out for ages and there was only a few games on the PS2 that I liked.

yeah, same here. i wanted to get a wii on launch day, but i decided to wait. i want to get other peoples impressions of it first. i really don't like reading 'pro' reviews when compared to the review of the typical consumer/gamer, so yeah. i'll hear what others have to say about it first (likes, dislikes, user experience) before i decide to get one. i'm also waiting for the wii to have online play, but that's not coming until sometime in early '07. even though i'd really like to get my grubby hands on Zelda, there really aren't much other launch games for the wii that i want, and between my ds lite, ps2, and (hopefully) upcoming fan translation of Earthbound 2/Mother 3, there's plenty to keep me company

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ya imma get a wii for christmas just for the zelda game only reason id get ps3 is for GTA 4. But Ive seen the zelda videos and i cant wait!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I played Gear of War at a friend, it makes me moist.

can I say that?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

ya imma get a wii for christmas just for the zelda game only reason id get ps3 is for GTA 4. But Ive seen the zelda videos and i cant wait!

Why bother? GTA 4 isn't PS3 exclusive. Infact the 360 version is getting Exclusive after-release content and PS3 is not.

OR

You could wait a year and get the superior PC version.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I played Gear of War at a friend, it makes me moist.

can I say that?

Yes. Yes, you can. Because I'm 100% sure it makes everyone, as you so elegantly put it, moist.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
its 8 pm cst 11/18/06. in 4 hours the wii goes on sale and im pumped. at 12:01 i will have my long awaited wii, and my very very long awaited twilight princess. this game is going to be epic. it is going to replace ocarina as the best zelda ever. i am excited.

i just got back from walmart and their is a line of 10 people outside and walmart will have 27 wii available. im on my way to sit in line. its about 35 degrees and clear. the leonid meteor shower is going down tonight as well. first stop mcdonalds , then walmart. im taking 2 gameboy sp with me , and several games. even my kids spongebob cartoon for the gameboy sp for when i get bored.

i cant wait to hold the box and the wii-mote. wish me luck.

peace

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
good luck!
please write in as soon as you can to give your first impressions.
i really want to hear them!!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just wish I would have camped out in the street to buy some PS3s to sell on eBay...

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i am back from walmart. i arrived at 8:10, they took names at 9. i was 9th in line. the walmart in my town recieved 27 wii , and the 27th was spoken for at 9:30. at 10:30 they allowed the line inside , and they gave out wii coupons to the 27 people who arrived in time. walmart also got one extra to make 28 wii so they had a lottery at 10:30 to give away the last one. out of 12 people , one lucky kid had his name drawn and the rest left pissed. this walmart is gettin 30 more wii tomorrow from ups before 4pm. nintendo is already in second place in this console war. sorry sony. ok i better run, i need to get back to walmart because im gettin my wii in 53 minutes.

cant wait! peace all

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
what do i think about the wii? 266 dollars well spent. wii sports is crazy fun, played wii bowling till 3:30 last nite. my best game was a 198, i rule!

twilight princess is beautiful. the graphics are very pleasing , the music is classic zelda, and it just looks awesome. if a person can only play with ps3 or xbox 360 graphics, they are very closed minded. twilight princess just looks sweet, and i cant wait to become lost in the story. what sucks is im only going to play when my daughter is around cuz she loves zelda and the stories. we are going to start the adventure today. ill write more later but its my kids swimming party for her 6th birthday in 30 min.

cant wait for it to get over so we can play wii! if anyone else got a wii today, enjoy . its totally worth the money and its potential is unseen yet. i love the wii mote. it just feels right.

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
i got home with my Wii this morning around 10am... been playing it quite a bit.

Wii Sports is shockingly awesome. i didn't expect this game to suck up so much of my time.

I also grabbed Zelda, and so far it's really rad, but i've barely started it. Been too busy w/ Wii Sports

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've had my 360 for almost a year, and I am more than content with it. EA has done an amazing job on their latest installment of NHL hockey. NHL 07 is absolutely phenominal. The joystick controls make for a completely different experience. If you can imagine a move, you can do it. No button for shoot, pass, etc., everything is controlled with the two joysticks. It took a few games to get the hang of it, but when you master it, it is absolutely ridiculous the moves you can pull off.

I'm looking to give Call of Duty 3 a go when I get a chance, absolutely loved 2. For the first time ever, I actually felt like I was in the game. It felt like I was on the beaches of Normandy in this game. So I would be surprised if 3 was anything less than spectacular.

I wouldn't mind giving the Wii a go. The controller has peaked my curiosity and has me wanting to give it a go. The PS3 is not something I am in high demand for. When I get the opportunity to give it a go, I would not pass it up. But I'm not going to be making much of an effort for it.

But I have to say, if you are any sort of hockey fan at all, you need to give NHL 07 a chance on the 360. It's not the same if your not playing it on a next generation platform.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
in my opinion the wiimote and nunchuck make twilight princess the most enjoyable zelda to ever control. it seems more natural, and alot of quirks that can happen on an old controller are obsolete. aiming with the wii mote is 100 times better then aiming with the analog controller. i cant wait for my big first battle on horseback. something u couldnt have on ocarina or majoras mask because there was no wii mote.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Stop the torture! I have to wait until Christmas for my Wii! It's no fair!

I'm kinda regretting buying GoW and CoD3 now.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ya me and my friend got 3 wii's yesterday one by luck in a contest and the other 2 by waiting outside of a k-mart since 2 am. Havnt played it cause he is selling the other two on E-bay. But boy tat was my first tuime waiting in line and I had a blast.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
the more i play with my wii, the more i like it. my kid and i tore it up on wii sports, rayman, and twilight princess all nite, and i still want more. once she gets back from making xmas cookies at her grandmas im sure we are going to tear it up some more.

great concept nintendo. u have my money this time around. pz

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I got the 360 a little over a week ago.

I like it, I LOVE the media extender thing...since I remember back when I got my first xbox and I had to manually put all my songs onto it....that was a pain in the arse. Live Arcade is fun, loads of good classics and even some fun new ones like Small Arms (I think its new...new to me anyway).

The User Interface has to be one of the best interfaces I have ever used, its very well done.

yesterday was the first time I played on xbox live...since that its most hyped up feature I was expecting it so be very smoothly done...i was wrong. I have a 768kb cable internet...but I swear my service provided keeps on screwing me over, it seems like a never get the proper bandwidth.
and I think that was my problem with Live...its was fun and all, but every here & there it did a little stutter...which was a little annoying, but the part that was the worst was that headset...again I think this was a bandwidth issue, the other guys voice kept cutting in and out...I asked hit if my voice sounded the same...he said no, so he must have had a faster internet connection.
So I guess my gripes aren’t really blamed at MS...but by $hity service provider.

Over all I recommend the 360...it really is a great gaming machine.
the 1 gig demos take around 2-3 hours...which is longer then I would like...but once again...this is probably the fault of my damn ISP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join