It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West cannot beat Taliban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We already know that Iraq has been a major blow to the Bush administration.

Iraqis are winning.

And they know that US will be forced to cut and run from their country.

They have beaten world's superpower.

And now Afghanistan is going the same way.

UN top official says: Nato cannot defeat Taliban.

Finally it is not openly admitted that America has been defeated in Afghanistan.

Offcials know that Nato forces are 'failing in Afghanistan'

America's "War on Terror" is not going according to plan. It was a bad plan.

Hearts and minds needed to be won. You can't win everything with guns.

UN chief: Nato cannot defeat Taliban by force

Official says alliance failing in Afghanistan as Blair admits Iraq is a 'disaster'

Declan Walsh in Kabul and Richard Norton-Taylor

Saturday November 18, 2006

Nato "cannot win" the fight against the Taliban

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 18-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

Iraqis are winning.

I dont know why im even bothering to reply on this thread, but could you let us know what it is that the Iraqis are winning ??

Maybe you mean the murderous insurgents are winning ? Maybe you mean the Sunnis are winning ?

Whatever you mean i think your being grossly naive to think that "Iraqis" are winning.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
US has messed up big time.

Not only Taliban, US now knows that even Iraq in unwinnable.

Old US Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger think Iraq war lost.

It cannot be won now.

In fact, its impossible for US to achieve victory in Iraq.

Iraqis have defeated the superpower.

Kissinger is just being honest.

www.chron.com...
www.forbes.com...

[edit on 20-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Talibans are in the Afghan government for god's sake! They don't care. They are there for oil and a geostrategical point, not for saving the poor afghans from the devil Talibans, nor to catch Osama. I think there's even more propaganda about Afghanistan than about Iraq.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah I know! This isnt a war on taliban this is an oil war! It's like what I always said! They lost because they had different ambitions then to fight for freedom and if they wanted to liberate it they would have but they havent now. It's their fault for making the dramatic collapse of the military situation. the Might of the US will still keep fighting but the UN has fallen.
. He's only admitting defeat.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Since when was there oil in Afghanistan?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pugachev

Not ``oil`` but almost every pipeline of oil go trough Afghanistan... so it's $$$. And defense contracts and arms contracts and a very good geostrategic point against Iran/China/Russia.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by pugachev

Not ``oil`` but almost every pipeline of oil go trough Afghanistan... so it's $$$. And defense contracts and arms contracts and a very good geostrategic point against Iran/China/Russia.

You got some proof of all this ??

People just seem to dream stuff up nowadays, if its anti Western, write it down, seems to be the attitude.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Iraqis are winning.

Isn't that the idea?

We have never been at war with the Iraqi people, per se.

The war was and is against those who would enslave the Iraqi people as they were under Saddam.

As for the UN, that incompetent mass of morons couldn't find their behinds with both hands and a floodlight.

[edit on 2006/11/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You got some proof of all this ??

People just seem to dream stuff up nowadays, if its anti Western, write it down, seems to be the attitude.

Proof? Think a little. What do you need for war? Weapons.

Oil pipeline

Also, they want opium. The CIA was making big bucks and the Talibans cutted the production... CIA angry... invade Afghanistan.

Opium in Afghanistan

In 2001: 74 tons.
In 2006: 6100 tons.

Do you know how it is worth in $$ when raffined in heroin? Billions of $$... all in the CIA black budget... look for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

It's not just about Afghan oil, but rather Afghan land. US businesses are buying the land to build businesses there. My parent's old home was offered lots of money by a business here in the US, but we had to decline to sell it.

[edit] The pipelines going through Afghanistan were blocked from use, thanks to the Taliban. Ever since US liberated Afghanistan, companies like Exxon have sent groups there to take advantage of it. My uncle is currently working there under Exxon to work on the oil pipelines.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It's not about Afghan oil, but rather Afghan land. US businesses are buying the land to build businesses there. My parent's old home was offered lots of money by a business here in the US, but we had to decline to sell it.

Sorry, but I don't believe this. Business of what? Of weapons? They open secrets prisons or maybe torture chambers? To open a business in afghanistan is like open a business in Iraq... Please explain me... because I lack the reasons why they would waste their money like this.

And yeah liberated... ahahaah. The situation is as bad as before, maybe worse because now the coalition bombed a lot of their infrastructure and the worst rate of womans and children is worst than before the invasion... Mission Accomplished!

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
-We took out Saddam.
-We occupy the country.
-We removed the old regime.
-They have their own Government.
-They have their own laws.
-They have their own military force.
-They have their own police force.
-We have killed numerous key players, and thousands of pawns.
-We have driven the terrorists out of Iraq (at least out of CONTROL of Iraq).
-The death count of those "people" is much higher than ours.

Tell me again how we're losing the war?

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Sorry, but I don't believe this. Business of what? Of weapons? They open secrets prisons or maybe torture chambers? To open a business in afghanistan is like open a business in Iraq... Please explain me... because I lack the reasons why they would waste their money like this.

Incorrect. The capital Kabul has lots of commerce and is a large economic area for US business to conduct their companies in Afghanistan. There is plenty of land being bought for purposes of selling their service/merchandise, whether it be clothing, cell phones, or loaning institutions.

Opening a business in Afghanistan is not like opening one in Iraq. It's much safer in Afghanistan than Iraq, as well as lots of undeveloped land being available.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
so you think we invaded Afghanistan to open a Mcdonalds and a cell phone shop, so hows it work the Goat farmers come down from the hills and trade a goat for a new phone ?

Seen Afghanistan is sounding so good nowadays i think the West can start returning refugess to Afghanistan?

I wish we wernt helping anyone out in the world anymore they dont appreciate anything, we should just go kick the arses of our enemys and forget about helping these ungrateful people.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I wish we wernt helping anyone out in the world anymore they dont appreciate anything, we should just go kick the arses of our enemys and forget about helping these ungrateful people.

You mean the good old days where we bomb the crap out of everything until they surrender or too dead to surrender and don't need to help anyone caught in the crossfire. Yeah its a sad and unpredictable world right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
-We took out Saddam.

To replace it with another puppet.

-We occupy the country.

Yep. Certains areas are very dangerous.

-We removed the old regime.

So hard to do...

-They have their own Government.

A puppet one, just like Saddam.

-They have their own laws.
-They have their own military force.
-They have their own police force.

Yeah. Until you leave.

-We have killed numerous key players, and thousands of pawns.

Yeah.

-We have driven the terrorists out of Iraq (at least out of CONTROL of Iraq).

How could you kick them out if there wasn't any in the first place? I'll remind you that there was no such thing as an Al-Qaeda relation with Iraq nor terrorists camps.

-The death count of those "people" is much higher than ours.

As in Vietnam, did you win Vietnam? And how is it a victory? Over 600.000 deads in 3 years.. is it a victory? Like the 2 millions in Vietnam... yeah victory for contractors, not the human race.

Tell me again how we're losing the war?

It depends on your criterias... If you want to bring peace and saves lives, you failed. If you wanted to make $$ and install a puppet government, you won.

How could people be grateful when you place in power people like Saddam and the Talibans? Seriously. And then you bomb the crap out of them and say we are here to liberate you from those we putted in power to rape you... Yeah, great strategy.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You mean the good old days where we bomb the crap out of everything until they surrender or too dead to surrender and don't need to help anyone caught in the crossfire. Yeah its a sad and unpredictable world right now.

Exactly, these sensitive new age Wars where we reubuild everything and smother them in cash doesnt work, they take it forgranted then slip the daggers in our backs.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

so you think we invaded Afghanistan to open a Mcdonalds and a cell phone shop, so hows it work the Goat farmers come down from the hills and trade a goat for a new phone ?

I don't know of many goat farmers who raise goats in a city. Kabul looks just like any city. Rather than think in stereotypes, why not actually look up the city of Kabul?

Seen Afghanistan is sounding so good nowadays i think the West can start returning refugess to Afghanistan?

A developing country compared to the US is hardly a wise argument. Afghanistan still has problems through war, but it's not nearly as dangerous as Iraq.

You will have to show me where Afghans have been ungrateful for US's help in Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

You will have to show me where Afghans have been ungrateful for US's help in Afghanistan.

Maybe we can start with the Heroin trade that they use to Poison our children and undermine our society ?

They are using us and trying to destroy us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join