It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend Choked on a ROD!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi, I am new here and this is my first post. I have posted this story in about two other boards because I am very interested in what other UFO believers think.

Ok, so this might be the most bizarre and ridiculous thing that has probably been posted on this forum. But here it goes. I have a friend who claims that yesterday afternoon he choked on a Rod. That he was outside his job taking his afternoon break. As he contemplated the day, he gave a tired afternoon yawn. He then proceeded to tell me that as he yawned that something flew violently into his mouth. So much so, that at the time he thought he had been smacked real hard by someone in the mouth. He said that the Rod proceeded to "swim" down his throat, making him gag and cough out the critter. He spit it on to the grass and noticed that it was a transparent winged entity. It had tiny transparent eyes and was slimy. He looked at it for about ten seconds before it flew off in a blink of an eye.

When I first heard of this story I was like "WTF? You liar", but he then got real serious and started to cry. He kept telling me that whatever it was it was probably dangerous. Anyway, He said that it felt gushy and that it had a very acidic and burning taste. It filled his mouth with transparent slime which he repeatedly spit out. He said that he could still taste it, and that he was afraid that it might be poisonous. I kind of did not believe him, but since he seemed serious about it, and said that it could be poisonous, I told him to check with his doctor. But to tell the doctor that it was something else that had flown into his mouth that might have been poisonous. I am still not convinced about his story or that it was a rod, but I cannot say that it was not. You see, he is a pretty reliable guy, a hard core Christian who is always inviting me to his church and what not. I don't believe that he is the type of guy who is a liar or is in to pulling any tricks. But one cannot be to sure right? So this guy proceeds to show me some burn spots on his mouth, his tongue looked like if someone put out cigarettes with it. His lacerations were pretty fresh, and he said that he could still taste the creatures slime.

I don’t know what to make of it, could this type of thing happen? Has there ever been any story out that might be similar and with documented evidence? I would love to compare their stories and find out.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sounds hilarious
Dont know if its true or not, but If
I had to guess, I'd say its a fancy story... But who knows...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have not heard that a 'rod' was some kind of transperant insect.
Is this what is being said??
Is a rod an insect?

TONS of people choke oninsects, or have a bug fly in theyre mouth....just ask ANY biker how many bugs they have eaten.....

IF its supposed to be an insect then WHY do people WONDER WHAT they ARE, or even IF they are real?

[edit on 18-11-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
yes I spoke to a woman years ago who said she hit a rod with her car and it went splatt on the windshield. She said it was a long transparent creature filled with clear liquid. I forget anymore details about it.

edit] oh yeah I just remembered more of what she said. She said there were lots of dried dead ones on the side of the road , and they turned black and disgusting after they'd been dead a while.

I'd say you should take that man to the doctor straight away or convince him to go to one. Big deal if they think he's crazy, they have physical symptoms to treat.

[edit on 18-11-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That's an interesting story. I haven't heard of a rod being described in this way, but who knows? If these creatures exist, what could possibly be their role in life on this planet? Do they eat other things? Do other things eat them? Are they more aware than your everyday insect?

Troy

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
once again rods do not exist they've already been discredited. they set nets in the air and the so called rods turned out to be nothing more than moths and grasshoppers flying fast and it gives them that cuddle fish appearence because of the repeated wing interval in the camera.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yet another hoax, either by yourself or your friend on you.

Rods are not unexplained, they are insects.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I've taken photographs of so-called "Rods" - not deliberately, but accidentally. I realised what they were when I tried to take a photograph of a swarm of midges caught in a ray of sunlight on a longer exposure than I should've had. The resultant photograph made me laugh so hard that I fell off my chair.

Your friend probably swallowed a bug and decided to test your knowledge on the subject by using "Rod" as a synonym for "bug".

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOne1989
once again rods do not exist they've already been discredited. they set nets in the air and the so called rods turned out to be nothing more than moths and grasshoppers flying fast and it gives them that cuddle fish appearence because of the repeated wing interval in the camera.
I would'nt be so sure as to say they don't exist,there is ALOT out there that we don't know about or discovered yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOne1989

Rods are not grasshoppers or moths ... There is proof that these things fly amung the clouds by the means of gathering info from technology reading the object in great distances. I will not provide any more info than this that there is info out there, look for it.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
There is proof

No there isn't.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The accounts I've read about RODS are quite similar to what your friend describes. In one account I read the rod actually dissolved after striking something and another case a rod struck someone and the person saw the thing die.

Despite what some are saying here there is many pictures and videos of rods out there from various places and by many people. I think one of the reason that people haven't provided physical evidence is that these entities seem to decay very fast.

I never came across a comment before that they turn black? Someone should obtain some of those objects for a test.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MouseOnMars

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
There is proof

No there isn't.

Can either of you prove that? Links!!!

Are RODS just fast flying insects that look elongated due to slow shutter speed on cameras which photograph the phenomena? Are they just ordinary bugs? Why don't they taste good?

What acidic material would a grasshopper have inside of it? Does it use acidic secretions in order to eat mass quantities?

7Ayreon, I beseech you, trot out the info for us please.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You'd say there isn't proof of this anomely, yet do you possess all answeres that billians of minds in this unordered reality have? No. Have you explored all there is to this phenomenon denying an almost certain conclusion to it as simply being grasshoppers and moths? I wouldn't think so. There is no conclusion to "rods" being nothing but known insects just within undenyable distance, besides the sky. There has been a concentrated experiment to frame this photographic and video captured anomoly set to set-aside this discovery. It is a reenactment of Roswells government disinformation. (Tape, crash test dummys, weather balloon etc).

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I am not a long member on this forum but i have the feeling like "here we go again"

please 7Ayreon give us some links or some kind of more information and i'll be glad to look into this "rod" story

just stating something like; the truth is out there, is not enough for most people i think.
Please give me some more clues to look into than.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ok, so I spoke to my friend today. He said that he checked with the doctor and that the doctor suspects that it is some form of acid burns in his mouth. The doctor cannot be sure what kind of acid it was, but he did say that it was strong enough to burn his tongue. The doctor looked at his throat area with one of those thin cameras that are inserted threw ones nose and into the trachea and found some burning around the walls of it. He told me that he has discomfort and burning in his mouth and throat area. The doctor passed a swab around his tongue and cheeks and said that he would have his saliva analyzed to see if there is still a trace of the slime. I don't know if he is pulling a fast one on me but he really looks scared about it. I told him that if we can have definite proof that it was a Rod that we should take this to the local news. He said that he will think about it. Anyway, he said that he could not sleep, since the burning sensation often made him think that he was going to die. He thinks that he is poisoned or something.

Also, I asked him if he remembered more details on the Rod, and he said that it reminded him of a squid. That when it was on the ground it was very squid like. That the little wings looked like the ones that are found in squid. He said that it was the most bizarre thing he has ever seen. He also said that at one point, it even kind of camouflaged with the grass. It was for a few seconds but he could notice that. I asked how big it was and he guessed about two or three inches more or less.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We need a photograph to proof this thing...
So why your friend doesn't taking a picture or shooting a video the part of it?

Most stories are hoax but if this is a real one,just show me a photograph.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bscale
We need a photograph to proof this thing...
So why your friend doesn't taking a picture or shooting a video the part of it?

Most stories are hoax but if this is a real one,just show me a photograph.

I definetly do understand the need for proof of stories such as these, but how are you going to ask for a picture when he just explained that his friend caughed up the creature and had burns over his throat when he was taking an afternoon break...It's was not as if he went in the woods with camera gear intending to look for a rod.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I will however add to the thread with some documented pictures of Rods that have been captured on camer. If it's possible you can try to get your friend to go online and verify if this the same type of figure that the rod could have been.

Rods have not been discredited or debunked because there are professional researchers who have invested a vast amount of time verifying that it is not just fast flying insects blurrying their images due shutter speeds of cameras or anything else that could be explained by a technical fix.

Jose Escamilla has been researching the Rod phenomenon for years(Here is his websitewww.roswellrods.com...) and this is his opinion on the movement of insects vs that of the actual rod case. He is interviewed here on what exactly he believes the rods are and are not.

paranormal.about.com...

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Anyone ever stop to think both theories could be right? Maybe SOME of the rods are actually just grasshoppers etc.,but what if there is also a complete line of insects that travel at such speeds that we haven't discovered them?One group says bugs,and one group says they're unidentified.Maybe they are unidentified bugs.I think this could very well be possible.If I were you I'd look around on the net for "transparent" insects/acidic insects.Maybe you'll find something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join