It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US accepts 'Big Brother' chip implant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
A company in the US has been given the go-ahead to implant a chip that would contain both personal and medical information.But it seems the permission has been given indirectly.The US Food and Drug Administration has indicated that it does not consider the chip, made by Applied Digital Solutions (ADS), a medical device, and as a consequence it does not feel it falls under its jurisdiction, according to the company.
The chip, called VeriChip, has been criticised by anti-intrusion campaigners for its 'Big Brother' capabilities.
Emergency helpApplied Digital Solutions have hit back, insisting that the radio signals emitted from the rice grain-sized chip could benefit patients in emergency situations, especially when they are unconscious or otherwise unable to inform medics about known conditions. VeriChip is a ready source of data about the patient's name and condition as well as the medical device's original components, required settings and other essential parameters," the company said."Future applications may include full medical record ival/retrieval for emergency medical care.""With VeriChip, Applied Digital has taken another significant step in developing leading-edge personal security technologies for a rapidly evolving marketplace," said chairman and chief executive Richard Sullivan. Commercial potentialThe company hopes to make money from the chip by selling it for about $200 (�140). A scanner which would be able to decipher the information contained in the chip would cost between $1,000 and $3,000.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Could you back this up with links to the articles you are using here?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So, they really hate MedicAlert enough to put them out of business?...And let the government to play Big Brother at the same time?

The only way they're going to get one of those into me is when my body assumes room temperature...ie: *dead*.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saiyan
news.bbc.co.uk...

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you MD. No way in hades would that go in my flesh, or my childs (which I bet is going to be a target, they will scare us parents into thinking the only way our kids are safe if to tag them like deer).

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Bad part is that the chip could very well be injected in you unknowingly just by recieving a simple flu shot or any vaccination, thats scary!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
this will never happen....the U.S is technologically advanced, but NOT THAT ADVANCED to create verichips by the reams!!

and besides....it wouldnt be profitable, U.S resources are curretly at an all time low..t.he treasury cant keep up at it's current rate, something's got 2 give.
*shrugs*

seems to me the U.S'es fighting it's last battles....economically failing battles that is

cordially
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
After 9/11 american will be so afraid for their security that they'll accept that chip .. thanks to you osama for endorsing that wtc attack

illuminattis for a new world order

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have those chips implanted in registered sex offenders. Maybe that way they won't lose track of them. Since there are thouands of them they can't seem to find.

Its sickening the children that go missing here in the U.S. The 'amber alert' can only be part of it, more needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not now. Not ever. I wouldn't use this type of thing for anyone. Not murderers, not sex offenders, not you and especially not me. You open this door and thats it. Anything can be stored on this type of thing. Drivers info, medical info, police record, address, phone number, video rentals. It can be used to track every move you make. It can be used to allow satilites to zero in and watch you. Insanity. This thing will mark the end of privacy as we know it. Do I sound paranoid on that? Maybe. But you can't say without reason. This type of thing never needs to be used. For any reason.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
At least at the moment that thing looks a little big to be implanted using a normal bore syringe. Make sure if you or your kids get a vaccine or shot that you examine the needle and the serum.

I could see why some people might want it. If you are older and have an extensive health history it would be good to have this information readily available.

I just fear that implanting the device in some people is going to open the door to other things and eventually making these things mandatory to get a drivers license or something.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have those chips implanted in registered sex offenders. Maybe that way they won't lose track of them. Since there are thouands of them they can't seem to find.

Its sickening the children that go missing here in the U.S. The 'amber alert' can only be part of it, more needs to be done.

hook, line and sinker. there's one born every minute. the leader is good. long live the leader.
can't you see that this is how 'they' want to get their foot(chip) in the door(you).

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Exactly. This thing is the skeleton key to get whatever they want. The negative far outweighs the positive

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saiyan
www.wnd.com...

I've said it before (months before) that it's going to be the later technical generations of the Verichip that will be the dangerous implants...Thye've gotten it down to wristwatch size now, but when (not if, *when*) the government supports that technology, they'll be capable of realtime tracking of anyone who has such an implant.

...Again...Not until my body assumes room temprerature.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'd fight that thing being injected into me, tooth and nail. I agree the only way I'd get it done is over my dead body.

I say the pets can have it...

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Is this where I start to scream "See? See? I told you!" ?

Never ever trust anything moderately related to cyberware.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Its already policy on Air force installations in the US to have mandatory implants in all domestic pets. It costs about $15.oo per animal.

I wonder how soon our service men and women will be told to accept a tracking implant to help account for manpower assets in combat situations... I'm in the military myself.. the only right I have is to vote.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ouch...

Looks like the NWO isn't wasting anytime...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join