It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird seal alien beached thing named Cuddles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i was just about to post that! lol
i was looking at seals in one of my study books and came across the otter section. there's definitely similarities here, including the 'squashed' skull shape, although the eyes still puzzle me. seeing as i've never actually looked at a real-life dead drowned animal, i really can't say what it's eyes should look like, only speculate. but taken as they are, they're way too big and wide-set to be an otter's.
i checked out a few species zones too, and although my book isn't a definitive guide on every otter species, i reached the conclusion that it would most likely be a sea otter. the strange thing is, these lil' guys don't come inland all that often.
so, i'm keeping my flag planted at the kitty camp.

xx

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yeah, I'd say one o these:

with it's ears bitten off and it's eyes decomped, etc.

...........and his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken
To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away
And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin.

His head smashed in, and his heart gouged out,
And his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged,
And his nostrils raped, and his bottom burned off.......

lol

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
pmsl!! everyone's on a python trip today it seems!

/gambols off to watch the holy grail in lego

xx

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
wow what a freaky pic!!!
there r 2 things that i c here:
1) the thing has a paw and claws; most likely a cat or a dog (i think its a cat, it has some features of a sayamies cat)
2) the ears seem to be of a cat. if u look closely u c it fliped forward. use ur imagenation and make it stand up... what do u c??

and whoever toke this pic brought the camera way to close to the dead animal, it makes it look big.
To bad there r no different angle pics, it would've made identifing this thing much easier...

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
its' the same with pretty much every cryptid photo ever shown - you'll have one angle and like it. it's awful! if you found something freaky and had the chance to take a picture of it, wouldn't you use up a liiiittle bit more of your film roll on it?

[edit on 5/14/2007 by Batty - it's siamese by the way
]

[edit on 5/14/2007 by Batty]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Lets cook him up! We can feed it to Steve-o!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
for you who said it's a cat, you're correct. It's easy to figure out if you know Long Beach. There are hundreds of abandoned feral kitties all along the harbor. Stupid people think they can just dump their felines and expect them to survive. Well, this one didn't.
I was not far from this location, at the Aquarium and over by the little fishing piers were the cats. Skinny and sad looking. Fortunantely there is someone who tries to care for them, putting out fresh water for them and food.
That's when I realised, that thing was one of these poor souls.
It probably got swept out, the water rotted out the hair, fish nibbled on the ears - yes the acutal ear hole is that low, we notice the ear flaps mostly- and the thing washed up. Poor cat.
It dried out there on the shore line, the eyes will look like that cos it's dry and the skin's tightened up, leaving the eyes wide open and discolored.
I saw one person post somewhere it was a turtle, you can't remove a turtle's shell and find skin under it, there's organs under the shell!

[edit on 23-6-2007 by buslady]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
YOU FOUND GOLLUM! Give HIM His PRECIOUS ......

anywho, that looks quite odd, inflate him.

like a mix between a dog/cat/ and GOLLUM! lol

I have nothing further to spew Like me lay me to rest.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That picture is relativly disturbing my question is what is it doing so far away from the water if it was beached. the creature seems to be quite authentic though

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallOfPopulation
I don't think this is a dog;

1. No large canine nose, a distinguishing feature in any dog; I have never seen a malformed dog with out a nose. The nose looks more like a seal's nose, or possibly a cats nose.

2. Forearms are more humanoid than any dog I have ever seen. Dogs have limited ability to move their front legs because some of the bones are fused, to help with endurance hunting in the wild [as dogs come from wolves]. The upper arm is too long to be canine. On the other hand, felines have a large range of movement with their arms, to bring down and hold prey.

3. Eyes are much different than a dogs eyes. The structure of the face is also much different than a canines. The head is triangular, short, and wide. This is a feline head.

4. The paws are not canine; they are feline. Canines have narrow paws with longer and straighter nails, and their dew claws/thumb are less developed and lay rather flat and lifeless/motionless, whereas a cats 'thumb' is used in hunting and is closer to the other digits. Dog paws do not splay out like that unless under the weight of the entire body, unlike feline paws which are built to be able to spread that way to catch prey.

I would have to say either this is some artists creation [it is LA you know], or that this creature is some kind of feline, maybe somebody's exotic pet. [once again, it is LA]. I would say its probably a cat, maybe a small Puma.

I think your analysis is the best I have read so far.
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw how bald it was was a bald cat breed. They are expensive. But after comparing pictures of both animals... the head of the beached animal is too big and does not look to have large ears like bald cats do.
So... this is either a fake, or..............................EL CHUPACABRA

might just be real? because it is definelty NOT a dog, and NOT a bald cat. The arms of the creature are too articulate and humanoid to be either a cats or a dogs. Look at the length of the forearm and the upperarm.

BALD CAT

[edit on 24-6-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
u know what...EEWWW and u will also they that
it looks like a person got thrown out of a plane. the head is majorly deformed
the sand wud soak upthe blood not pool.? right and maybe they just missed the water.where about was this taken? sorry i did not read all te reply's

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
the bald cat breeds are bred to be small headed slick ugly things...

this washed up cat HAD hair and it was loosened and pulled by the action of the waves.
the ears of a cat are on the sides of the head, some are up a little more, some are on the sides. What we see is the fleshy parts and dont htink where the holes are.
feral and/or normal housecats sometimes have big heads, little heads...

so get over it, it's a freakin CAT. Felis Domesticus

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ok. there is no way in hell that that Thing is a dog, seal or any other known animal. It looks to me like a deformed grey. Look at the eyes. Grey.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I still think it is a dead sea otter. It does not seem similar in shape to any dog or cat I have ever seen.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The picture simply looksfake to me but I agree that it could be some kind of dog if real.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A dead cat that was in the sea, partially preserved by massive exposure to salts.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's not a cat. Ears are not where they're supposed to be. Forward leg structure doesn't match with that of a cat.
Cranial structure doesn't match that of a cat or a dog.
Body structure does not resemble a seal.
It could be a sea otter but not a North American River Otter. The thing that throws me off is the eyes. Judging by the size of the sand grains on the creature's body, i estimate the body size between 2-2 1/2 feet long, consistent with an otter. The thing that would place it as a sea otter would be the tail, we can't see a tail in this picture so saying it's an otter is just speculation.
Also, if it were a malformed baby animal, it wouldn't be that big. I'm guessing it's fully grown.
Personally, I don't think it's an otter, cat, dog, or seal. It just doesn't fit any of them conclusively.
I'll try to get a hold of my bio professors and see what they think.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is just an animal, just like you and me, why waste your time?

Cook it before it get rotten, and feed it to the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gear

A dog? Yeah that is a dog.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
cool it looks like a dead animal i have never seen one before

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join