It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird seal alien beached thing named Cuddles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I don't think this is a dog;

1. No large canine nose, a distinguishing feature in any dog; I have never seen a malformed dog with out a nose. The nose looks more like a seal's nose, or possibly a cats nose.

2. Forearms are more humanoid than any dog I have ever seen. Dogs have limited ability to move their front legs because some of the bones are fused, to help with endurance hunting in the wild [as dogs come from wolves]. The upper arm is too long to be canine. On the other hand, felines have a large range of movement with their arms, to bring down and hold prey.

3. Eyes are much different than a dogs eyes. The structure of the face is also much different than a canines. The head is triangular, short, and wide. This is a feline head.

4. The paws are not canine; they are feline. Canines have narrow paws with longer and straighter nails, and their dew claws/thumb are less developed and lay rather flat and lifeless/motionless, whereas a cats 'thumb' is used in hunting and is closer to the other digits. Dog paws do not splay out like that unless under the weight of the entire body, unlike feline paws which are built to be able to spread that way to catch prey.

I would have to say either this is some artists creation [it is LA you know], or that this creature is some kind of feline, maybe somebody's exotic pet. [once again, it is LA]. I would say its probably a cat, maybe a small Puma.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Okay I know I'm asking for old time listeners of Art Bell who remember Mel's Hole and the alien seal thing that he (Mel) supposedly encountered.

I to would have to vote for dog based on the paws, it is certainly not a seal.
I did some digging around reading on this Mels hole, as I had never heard about it before, and I found this interesting drawing of the seal creature. I must admit, it certainly does appear uncannily similar:

Now that does not mean I don’t think it’s a dog still, the Mels hole story seems to me like its full of bottomless holes itself, even though its interesting to read about.

Edit to add this is also a bit on the interesting side:

Mels'Hole Discussion
Red Elk aslo mentions the seal like creature. It was apparently a 'Rock Flyer' which is a type of angel, and it was extremely rare that it even came to the surface.

[edit on 2/17/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia
Paresthesia's Reply

I agree that it isn't an exact replica of the Canvey Island but it bears alot of similarities. I don't think that rendition of the creatures is accurate though because the Canvey Island Creatures were not described with just two legs - and it would have been a very obvious thing to see.
Plus, we can't see Cuddles' back feet so we can't see if he has the 'U' shaped toes.
And the angle of the picture makes it hard to accurately see his rear legs. My grandads dog often lies like that, but so do I (bipedal and quadrupedal positions). I think its eyes are far too big to be a dog's eyes as well as being too wrongly positioned. Additionally there are no whisker follicles where its snout isn't.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It is not a dog, from the way it is built and if you at its eyes close enough you will notice that there is an Amphibac ( not sure if thats what it is called but... ) film over the eye kind of like what a Gator or a Croc uses when it goes underwater... so my theroies are either it is a failed government experiment to make Aquatic attack/guard dogs or they are a breed of alien creature possibly from the Maxis Quadrant ( there will be a future thread by me about this galaxy )

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looking at the skin, I can definately say that it does not normally have fur. Either it is a very young puppy (Or similar), or it is used to not having fur. If it is the latter, it is *definately* a seacreature, since it lags pigmentation. It could be something that has been in water for quite some time though.

The skin has small folds in it, which probably means that it isnt supposed to look like that, if it was a seacreature. It is not aero-dynamic! But it could have gotten those folds by laying in the sun drying out..

The eyes is what is making me wonder the most..
If it has been in water, then they could look like that I guess.. But they would probably appear more swollen IMO.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leech
It is not a dog, from the way it is built and if you at its eyes close enough you will notice that there is an Amphibac ( not sure if thats what it is called but... ) film over the eye kind of like what a Gator or a Croc uses when it goes underwater...

The black “filmy” eyes do not necessarily mean it’s an amphibious creature, when something dies they often get what is know as hyphema, or an “eight ball” hemorrhage.
Hyphema

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You would be surprised how different a dead animal looks like when they start to rot and decompose for a few days. Plus parts of it's flippers look like they're buried in the sand. The skin has shrivelled up and shrunken, and now the bones are protruding more than you normally see on a seal. That's my theory.

The position of it's eyes on it's head clearly shows that it isn't bipedal.

Part of it's ear and part of it's face seem to be ripped off. I say it got into a fight with a shark and then beached itself. I can't tell what that red thing under it's head is though.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe it is a cat, I have seen cats that are furless before they are quite common to an extent that I think that most people will have seen one at some point.

If you look at the eyes they look feline, the ears resemble a cats aswell.

CAT.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It's a drowned cat.

My first thought was a seal fetus - but the external ears and the paws (rather than clawed flippers) debunked that. Also, to the best of my knoeledge, seals don't live in the Gulf of Mexico (the picture is authentic in location - oil derricks + Palm Trees = Louisiana)

The paws are what give it away as being a cat. Notice the shape of the right paw. The claws are much higher up than on a canine - they are in fact in the exact position of the toes of all cats. Pair this with the large eyes, oval head shape, and the sleek (for a dead bloated animal) body, and it's pretty clear this is a cat. If we had a second photograph it would be very clear, but instead we get a head-on view to make the creature look "alien"

The animal more than likely dot dumped / swept out, and spent a day or so rolling around in the surf zone - more than enough time to wear away the ears and fur - and got beached with high tide.

Judging from the fact gulls haven't eaten the eyes and that they're not sunken, just dry, I would guess the carcass probably washed up the same day it was photographed - the sand built up around it is a combination of what its weight held down when the tide washed out and some windblown.

Poor kitty

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
It's a drowned cat.

The ears sit WAY too low for that being a cat.

Edit: And the shape is all wrong.

[edit on 19/2/07 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Not at all. Check out hte base of a cat's ear. They actually reack pretty far down on hte side of the head. The most robust portions are the lower and rear parts - the more delicate, less cartiligenous areas of the ear have been eroded away, leaving ragged little stumps where the structure is thickest

Its shape is quite fine for a cat - well, for a dead, decaying cat. The lean back and the shape of the hind leg give it away, and if we had a dorsal shot of the creature, it would be very clear it's a cat.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

I don't know what it is.

But I can tell you that it appeard in my dream alive a day before I found your thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL. Very creepy!! Not only is Cuddles very strange and baffling, he enters random peoples' heads....

And to Dr. Benway's picture.... wow, that's very similar-looking. Makes me consider that it's a hoax that someone made to resemble that .. thing.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Personaly, I'm not thinking its a dog at ALL.

Look at the body. notice, there is resemblance to a dog's legs.

Now look at the face. The eyes are extremely large in proportion to its head, yet they are still equally balanced with each other.

Now look at the ears, they look like they've been 'coiled' so to speak. It doesn't look like they've been cut off, they just look a little stubby.

Now...Look at the arms...Sure, there is a due-claw there, but if you notice, dog's limbs are
limited it their reaching capacity by their very forms. No dog could stretch its arm out the far above its shoulder.

Now, heres another odd thing. Look at its mouth. It seems to 'lay' over its bottom jaw. And what else? It doesn't have a muzzle.

Now, if you want my opinion on what it is? A very odd and young form of seel. Possibly....A deep sea seal? One that has never been seen before? If you think about it,
if there WAS some sort of odd seel creature living in the depths of the ocean, we would never know about it, and it wouldn't be unlikely for something like that land on shore after days, if not weeks of floating around. Notice, in earlier posts it declared that the hair had fallen off because it had been in the sea for a very long time. Now if this thing had died, and its body was just drifting in the sea for a long time, maybe its hair could have falled off.

If none of those, I'd say an extremely horribly gruesome deformed carved up dog XD.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
Possibly....A deep sea seal?

Seals breaths air. No such thing as a deep sea seal.. And seals don't have folds in the skin like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thats sort of the point, thain. If it WAS a new breed of the creature, it wouldn't BE exactly like a conventional seel x.x

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thats weird i saw something like this in brazil once, not exactly the same it resembled a feline

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Falken]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
Thats sort of the point, thain. If it WAS a new breed of the creature, it wouldn't BE exactly like a conventional seel x.x

Ah, I certainly missed your point then.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
IMHO what we're looking at is, indeed, a cat.
granted, there's not much in the way of investigative photography to peruse, but from this one shot we've got pretty much all the evidence we need to disprove it being a seal. for starters, what seal has thin, boned legs with a dew-claw?
secondly, we can pretty much see by the squashed shape of the cranium that it's feline. cat owners, gently sweep your cats facial fur back to examine it's cranial structure

as for the ears, this puzzled me for quite a long time. but if you take a look at the spine you can clearly see that the flesh is diminished under the skin and it's sagged. with that in mind, take another look at the jawline and ear. can you see the sag line now? that would account for it's ears being way too low for a cat.
has anyone else noticed the dark area between the end of the ribcage and the rump? this looks like the remnants of fur to me. i have it on fairly good authority that drowned cows often lose *all* their fur. cows have very short bristly fur, unlike cats who have two layers of fur. the downier undercoat is denser and shorter than the long hairs of the top coat. it is possible that some of this survived due to it's density, but this isn't an area of expertise for me, so i'll let someone else critique that answer!

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
im gonna venture to say it has to be some kinda younger animal that was wondrering around then drowned and washed up on shore

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My guess is a dead Sea Otter with mange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join