It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird seal alien beached thing named Cuddles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This is for real .... While walking on Long Beech LA on an AFF trip to California in 2003, some skydiveUWE members came across this "thing" in the sand. From there forth "it" was formally renamed and branded as an official SkydiveUWE mascot .... Thus Cuddles was born! If anyone can tell us what Cuddles is then please email your answer with the subject "What the hell is Cuddles" to [email protected].
- www.uwesu.net...

Questions:

1. Why would a skydiving company want to make something like this up?
2. Is it a seal or what?
3. Is it man-made?
4. What is that red thing in its mouth? Looks like plastic, something man-made.

Have any of you people seen this picture circulating the web by chance and know what it is?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Added 'ex' tags

[edit on 17/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I dont know what it is, maybe something deformed. But really, I have no clue. And that picture is very disturbing. It almost looks to me like it wasn't fully developed.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Interesting pic, but I agree with WOS that the creature looks very young. I was tempted to say seal, looking at the head, but then the forelegs cancel that out.

I don't think it's a manmade hoax at all...it looks much too authentic. I'm guessing a newborn mammal of some type which drowned and later washed ashore.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Looks like a large cat, such as a Cougar or something.

The eyes have a feline feel to them.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
First of all, have a look at the mid section. It seems to have bloated organs.
This is not uncommon when something dies, and remains in water for an
extended period after.

You can tell that this corpes has spent quite a while in the ocean, as it has
lost it's hair. All of it. Even it's eye lashes and whiskers. On occasion
when something dies and is subject to certain conditions, the hair follicles tend
to loosen, causing the hair to 'fall out.' But never in my life have I heard
of a case where all the hair falls out.

The discoloration of the skin seems simple. Sunburn, right? Wrong. Sunburn
cannot occur once death occurs. Which could only mean It was burnt before
death. This could only happen If it was either aready hairless, or had short
light colored hair.

As for the eyes? Your guess is as good as mine.

Now, What do I think it is?
As I have little else to go on, I would say it is a dog.
Why?
Look at the left forelimb. (your left side, it's right side)
See it? There is a dew claw.
That's not all that I have to go on though.
It has a flat snout. This would not be apparent if it were a seal and it would certainly
not be apparent if it was a dog, right? Unless ofcourse it was a Pug or a bulldog.
Look at the 'skin flaps' by the mouth. There are few animals that have this trait,
and even fewer that have their 'flap' in a 'W' shape. Except for the bulldog/pug.

Thus, That is my vote!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
First off I agree whole heartedly with “GEARs” analysis , its deffo a dead puppy – most likely thrown in the sea by some bastard who deserves

I am unsure about breed though , even some long nose breeds like Alsatian or doberman pincher have quite truncated muzzles as very young pups

Now why this story , and those like it infuriates the hell out of me .

RANT\ :

This is a text book example of “ what not to do “ when you find a creature / object that you cannot identify and which piques your curiousity

Instead of conducting any proper investigation , Just take one picture , that’s all we need , yeah

Leave it partially buried , with no identifiable object in the foreground to give a sense of scale and dimension , you always have something – even a cigarette packet , a mobile phone , pen anything size is critical when analysis photographs .

If they really wanted to know that it is – they should have shot pictures from all angles – especially vertical . before turned it over to examine it for the Presence of external genitalia , a tail etc

And lastly – photograph the shape of its leg bones – in the absence of other clues – that alone can help identify whether it is a canine or feline

As gear correctly mentioned it seems to have a dew claw – that screams canine, and a shot of it paw , toe size and shape would have made the issue so much clearer

That picture is a “ poster child “ of how not to photograph an unidentified creature , which you are later going to ask others to identify – based solely on your picture .

Freaking unbelievable .

Made worse by the fact that it is a very well shot picture , the photographer obviously knew how to use his / her camera.

Sometimes it wonder if people like this really want to know what it was – because they sure did not expend much time and effort at the scene , where they were the perfect investigators to catalogue its distinguishing features

No , leave that to some one else

RANT/

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The ears seem weird to me. But I can see a deformed/under-developed dog, as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow it seems to have ears too. Forelegs look similar to arms and yah the eyes and partial nose like a seal.
I'd guess a cross breed of some type but with what?, the forearms kind of ruin a water dweller I think. Great post.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I agree totally with the previous posters that this is certainly a dog, as evidenced by the dewclaw, in particular. The comments regarding the disingenuosity of the photographer are well noted, too. The guy with the camera was probably well aware of what it was, or he would have done a better job of documenting the find, instead of giving us a single forced perspective shot. It speaks volumns about our current civilization that nearly any picture of a dead dog or whatever can generate so much overly-credulous attention. That, or it is just a Chupacabra.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okay I know I'm asking for old time listeners of Art Bell who remember Mel's Hole and the alien seal thing that he (Mel) supposedly encountered. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw that thing.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Hole

audio: turbo.peteronline.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
First of all, have a look at the mid section. It seems to have bloated organs.
This is not uncommon when something dies, and remains in water for an
extended period after.

You can tell that this corpes has spent quite a while in the ocean, as it has
lost it's hair. All of it. Even it's eye lashes and whiskers. On occasion
when something dies and is subject to certain conditions, the hair follicles tend
to loosen, causing the hair to 'fall out.' But never in my life have I heard
of a case where all the hair falls out.

The discoloration of the skin seems simple. Sunburn, right? Wrong. Sunburn
cannot occur once death occurs. Which could only mean It was burnt before
death. This could only happen If it was either aready hairless, or had short
light colored hair.

As for the eyes? Your guess is as good as mine.

Now, What do I think it is?
As I have little else to go on, I would say it is a dog.
Why?
Look at the left forelimb. (your left side, it's right side)
See it? There is a dew claw.
That's not all that I have to go on though.
It has a flat snout. This would not be apparent if it were a seal and it would certainly
not be apparent if it was a dog, right? Unless ofcourse it was a Pug or a bulldog.
Look at the 'skin flaps' by the mouth. There are few animals that have this trait,
and even fewer that have their 'flap' in a 'W' shape. Except for the bulldog/pug.

Thus, That is my vote!

Ive been thinking about what you said, and it makes a lot of sense. The face just looks so unlike a dog, similar to a seal because of the eyes. And the ears are hardly classifiable!

I think a dead dog whose fur was lost after ages of rotting under the sun is most probable.

I'm interested in hearing other peoples' thoughts, images for comparison, agreements/disagreements, any information on what this may be.

What type of dog? What supports your theory? Why isn't it being eaten by birds? Why wasn't it eaten by fish in its "journey" through the ocean? And what the hell is that pinkish red thing in its mouth??

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe it fell in the ocean while ripping a ring from the finger of a midget.
I guess I'm just saying it looks like it wanted it's precious back.

I'm going with a medium sized, flat nosed dog.
Of course it could be some sort of genetic experiment developed by the CIA and lost in the mayhem of Katrina. Wait, 2003? When was Katrina again?
They should have gotten a DNA sample.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The eyes look too un-dog like to be a dog...

Maybe some malformed still birth or fetus of an animal? I don't know...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Looks fake to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
it looks like one of those creepy creations that artist makes and, from time to time pop on here as new creatures found in strange ways. he/she does a lot of stuff with "mermaids" and other sea animals.

edited to add:

Juan Cabana is the artist's name.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Check this out

Onlookers described the creature's skin as pink and tough, not unlike the hide of a healthy pig. Like its forerunner, this new cadaver came complete with two legs and feet, the feet once again assuming the distinct "U" shaped position.

We have been unable to dig up any other reports even similar to this. Some researchers have hypothesized that the Canvey Island Creatures may have been a species of rare, marine salamander, but it's uniquely bipedal structure - while not precluding an amphibious origin - have left scientists and investigators alike stumped for the better part of half a century.

Source

That is the description of one of two carcasses dubbed the CANVEY ISLAND CREATURES. They washed up in England and the description of both of them share alot of similarities with this one, especially the eyes and the skin.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Check this out

Onlookers described the creature's skin as pink and tough, not unlike the hide of a healthy pig. Like its forerunner, this new cadaver came complete with two legs and feet, the feet once again assuming the distinct "U" shaped position.

We have been unable to dig up any other reports even similar to this. Some researchers have hypothesized that the Canvey Island Creatures may have been a species of rare, marine salamander, but it's uniquely bipedal structure - while not precluding an amphibious origin - have left scientists and investigators alike stumped for the better part of half a century.

Source

That is the description of one of two carcasses dubbed the CANVEY ISLAND CREATURES. They washed up in England and the description of both of them share alot of similarities with this one, especially the eyes and the skin.

Fascinating. I looked up "Canvey Island Creatures" and got more information...

The Discovery

In August of 1954, a man stumbled upon a strange, lifeless creature covered in seaweed on the shores of Canvey Island, Great Britain. After carefully examining the animal, he was certain it was unlike any creature he had ever seen. It appeared to be a marine animal but strangely exhibited some land-bearing animal characteristics - it had feet and legs!

Two zoologists were called in to make a professional evaluation of the creature. Photographs were taken of the animal which must have stood around 2 1/2 feet tall with 5 toes arranged in a 'U' shape and a concave arch. It had thick, brownish skin and two protruding eyes. They agreed that this was some unknown species of animal. Unfortunately, after examining the animal, the zoologists took it upon themselves to create the creature.

Second Animal Found

Less than 3 months latter, in November of 1954, Reverend Joseph Overs stumbled upon another one of the creatures about 2 miles from the location of the first creature's discovery. It appeared basically the same as the first creature only a little larger (and in better condition). This one stood around 4 feet tall. They estimated that it weighed about 25 pounds. It had the same 2 large eyes, nostrils, sharp teeth, and gills. An like the first creature, it had legs and feet.

To date, the origin of this species remains unknown...

- www.spartechsoftware.com...

But the Canvey Island Creature is described as bipedal and this picture showcases a creature that walks on all fours!!

- Wikipedia

That's an artistic interpretation of the Canvey Island Monster...

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
ewww that thing scares me ~_~. Looks disgusting. Yes its amazing that its been found even though I highly doubt that its real. The Canvey Island creature looks cute, in the sense that it has teeth and most likely will devour you.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've got it!

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Dr. Benway]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I don't know what it is.

But I can tell you that it appeard in my dream alive a day before I found your thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join