It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers in IRAQ beat the [expletive deleted] out of little kids!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this video on Google Video. This is really, really sad. A bunch of soldiers grab two little kids, tie them up, and then proceed to beat them senseless. I don't know what justification these soldiers think they had, but this is NOT justifiable by any means. If they shoot at you, you shoot them. If they throw rocks, try to ignore it or peacefully arrest them. Using brutality only makes more enemies for us. As soon as the kids get out, they're just going to pick up guns or suicide bombs!! Way to go US and British soldiers in Iraq. Make this country proud. Represent us to the world by beating the crap out of some poor defenseless little kids!!!

Now, some may say this is only one video. Just like how Abu Ghraib was only one incident...

Well, you show me a first time offender, and ill show you a guy thats never been caught before!!!!!

We need real oversight in Iraq!

Iraq Beating

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Uh.. what were these kids doing moving on a military installation for in the first place? I don't think one would do that without expecting a response.

It would have been better if the soldiers had just detained them and returned them to their parents with a warning.

I'm guessing that the kids taunted the soldiers and they responded and got a reaction they liked.

The soldiers could have been more professional in dealing with the kids of course.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Uh.. what were these kids doing moving on a military installation for in the first place? I don't think one would do that without expecting a response.

It would have been better if the soldiers had just detained them and returned them to their parents with a warning.

I'm guessing that the kids taunted the soldiers and they responded and got a reaction they liked.

The soldiers could have been more professional in dealing with the kids of course.

Ha! had this been american soldiers doing this there would be an uproar about this and calls for investigations. Hypocrisy, of course, not that I really care that a bunch of iraqi kids got the snot beat out of them, could have been alot worse.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The d00d filming it is a bit off his rocker, no?

"yess, yessss, yessss"

it's like he's going to bust a nut

ps: seen this vid before it's kinda old ah well.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Lysergic]

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is not new news and i'm pretty sure it came about that they were chucking all sorts at the soldiers beforehand.

I'm taking it you have never been in combat Spoon? By all means i'm sure the lads over there would welcome you to go over and see how cleanly you execute your gentle plan of dealing with rioters. When it happens in an environment like that it does'nt always work like that unfortunately. Emotions run very high and things happen. I'm not saying they are always right, but please experience it before passing judgement.

Personaly, yes it did look a little OTT, but in that environment i'm suprised anyone stupid enough to riot against our forces was'nt shot.

CX.

CX

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Ha! had this been american soldiers doing this there would be an uproar about this and calls for investigations. Hypocrisy, of course, not that I really care that a bunch of iraqi kids got the snot beat out of them, could have been alot worse.

I'm sure there was uproar and the soldiers were done by court martial.

CX.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I for one am deeply appalled at the excuses put forward on this thread, and the apathetic views, which are getting really prevalent lately. Especially in regards to Iraq, I realize certain folks feel offended and tired of the stories that keep coming out.. but have some conscience for god's sake.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That is the funniest vid I've seen in a while. The dude doing the commentary should get an Oscar
I saw it before but had forgotten how funny it was.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
yea funny, children getting kicked all over the ground is a real barrel of laughs
theres no excuse for that regardless of what nation the soldiers represent

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This came out in the UK months ago, and the video was broadcast on the national news. There was a real uproar about it. It had a real effect on how the UK perceived the war.

US posters might like to ponder the reasons why they haven't seen it on their network news.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Those don't look like lil kids, they look like well developed morons. They taunt and threaten and don't expect consequences? I think it's also funny, they got their butts whooped for acting like lil kids. Next time they should learn some manners.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For one, they weren't on a military installation, they were in teh middle of a public street.

Two, you call that a riot?! HA!! I didnt see anybody throwing anything, so dont assume. All i saw was a bunch of little kids running away from big bad soldiers, probably because they knew the soldiers were coming to beat the crap out of them.

Three, this is THEIR country. We are the invaders. According to our constitution, which supposedly somehow we're over there to protect, people have the freedom of speech and the right to protest. If they want to demonstrate discontent in their streets, MORE POWER TO THEM!

Nothing can justify the type of response we saw. ITS TORTURE, plain and simple... No wonder why they hate us so much over there. No wonder why the throw stone, build bombs and shoot at us. Perhaps if incidents like this hadn't been happening since day one, then we would not STILL be there.....

[edit on 18-11-2006 by sp00n1]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It,s the bully mentality isn,t it.!!
A squad of guys taking out their inadequacies on a defenceless target.
You have to remember ,a lot of guys enlist just to grab a gun and play rambo.

What better practise to be a man than to beat a couple of tied up kids with your friends looking out for you with guns in case they get loose.

CX

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You think that 2 minutes of video was the whole incident!?

Why do people make assumptions without ALL the facts?

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
wow, all i can say that whoever was recording was really messed up lol

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
You think that 2 minutes of video was the whole incident!?

Why do people make assumptions without ALL the facts?

Of COURSE it wasn,t the whole incident.

Probably a couple of days of messy drills,being shouted at by the C.O. and a few milligrams too much of their usual supplied ''stimulant'' got on top of them.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeo316
wow, all i can say that whoever was recording was really messed up lol

Yeah, he needs some serious help!!! I think we all know why he joined up..... Just like AGENT_T said....

new topics

top topics

join