It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mancow to Tackle Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Erich "Mancow" Muller, the hyper-charged radio personality, now has his own TV show, and on it's debut, one of his guests will be one of the internet's top conspiracy theorists, Kevin Smith.

www.newsmax.com
Manic radio personality Erich "Mancow" Muller is taking his act to TV.

Welcome to "Planet Mancow," which is scheduled to debut Saturday night at 9 p.m. Eastern on Fox News Channel.

The Mancow special also penetrates one subject that is a special peeve of Mancow - 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

"On the Internet, people lie and there is no accountability," Mancow laments. Such tall tales as robot planes or insurance scams he perceives as a disservice to the poignant record of America's second day of infamy.

Mancow's rejoinder: He gets one of the "top conspiracy guys off the Internet" and has him in a dramatic and telling face-off with a firefighter who was there.

The conspiracy guy starts off "sounding very intelligent," reveals Mancow. "As he talks, it unravels."

The conspiracy enthusiast is Kevin Smith and the firefighter is Brian Harvey.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whether you like or dislike Fox News, this should be an interesting show. It will be interesting to see how Smith defends his theories tomorrow night.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I used to listen to man cow a few years back when it was in my area air, but it was banned when the radio station changed owners.

So much for freedom of expresion.

Anyway, I don't know where man cow comes with this to tackle conspriacy theorist, when I remember he having his own littler fun with making conspiracies himself.

Funny. I used to like the one visitor from the future he used to talk on the phone with.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Hm. 9/11 "conspiracy" theories start becoming more popular, and now here's the populist response - not a serious discussion of their merits, but Jerry Springer on steroids. Great.

And yes, let's load the tables as heavily as we can. Put a conspiracy nutjob up against one of the day's heroes, who no doubt lost some comrades that day. Nice.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
And yes, let's load the tables as heavily as we can. Put a conspiracy nutjob up against one of the day's heroes, who no doubt lost some comrades that day. Nice.

How does Smith contradict the firefighter's actions? Are you saying Smith is claiming that 9/11 never happened and the firefighter never there? What particular points of Smith's theories don't you like?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Kevin Smith works for Alex Jones... AJ had Mancow on the show on the 16th...

here's the interview...

prisonplanet.tv...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Uh, what about all the videos of firefighters talking about explosions?

I guess they don't count?

The CHIEF OF SAFETY OF NYFD said he BELIEVED there were "secondary explosive devices"!

www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hate to fill you in but.. Rense isn't the best source.

video.google.com...

and a study on that clip

fex.net...

Then this is another part of this...

video.google.com...

[edit on 11/18/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
9/11 conspiracy theories brought into a shock-jock circus atmosphere on a pro-War on Terror television network. That'll turn out well for the pro-conspiracy theory types.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
If the guy brings up one angle that we haven't considered, it will be worth it, even if it is shouted down. CT's shouldn't be afraid to defend their theories in even the most hostile enviros.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Fox has been so discredited by their 'fair and balanced' coverage of 911 and the Iraq war. Their ratings are in the toilet, so they've got to do something to bring it up.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
How does Smith contradict the firefighter's actions? Are you saying Smith is claiming that 9/11 never happened and the firefighter never there? What particular points of Smith's theories don't you like?

I should have put the words "conspiracy nutjob" and "heroes" in quote marks to indicate my distance from the whole sorry exercise, but I rather thought that was easy to infer from my first sentence.

My point is that this exercise is not designed to give the truth seekers a real shot at getting their case heard. It's designed to reduce things to the level of the WWF (and I'm not talking about the World Wildlife Fund).

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
A while back ManCow did something with the BigFoot conspiracy. He had the fella on who made the famous BigFoot film that allegedly caught BigFoot walking by a stream. It was a total fake the guy said in private but on the air the faker backed it.

I saw ManCow on TV say that.

Conspiracy debunking isn't new to ManCow. But perhaps this is his new schtick for a TV show.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sounds more like a comedy show that is geared towards the same demographics as the Jerry Springer show appeals too.

Kevin Smith discusses the taping:

New "Planet Mancow" Fox Show Features Infowars Team Member
Kevin Smith debates 9/11 fireman in expected hit piece

During the interview while Mancow was attempting to put words in my mouth, he started saying “so Hillary huh, standing on the grassy knoll”, I just gave him a blank look and said “who said anything about Hillary”, I said “if you want to know about Hillary, why don’t you ask Roger Ailes or Rupert Murdoch they eat dinner with her every week”, then came the expected “CUT”. At one point when Mancow was asking Mr. Harvey “if he had it all to do it over again, would he”, that’s when I jumped in and said “of course he would, he’s a hero, he’s a fireman, he was a hero before 9/11, that’s why we love firemen and are trying to get them treatment”. This is the way it went for over an hour, I was told the segment would be between 6 and 8 minutes, the last event of note was Mancow telling Mr. Harvey to look into my eyes and tell me I’m crazy! He wouldn’t do it! He said “look he’s very passionate about what he believes and I don’t agree with him, but I don’t think he’s crazy”.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Moocow show will get progressively dumber and more kooky, because the credible guest pool will dry up. A show based on corporate whoredom and spewing insults isn't going to be anything close to rocket science either

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Well, I watched the show, and all I can say is, Mancow better not give up his radio gig.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
He already gave up his radio gig.

Actually, he was fired. The folks in Chicago said he was too busy with his TV stuff and that he wasn't giving his full attention to his radio shows. He got paid millions and so they said he was no longer worth the money. This was more than a few months back. He used to be on Fox and Friends every morning and then suddenly disappeared ... 'cuz he got fired from the radio.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've just watched the segment thanks to YouTube. What an idiot ManCow is! And here's an interesting thing... just after the ad-break, they come back with a brief but very visible full-screen graphic, consisting of the words "LIES on the internet". Think anyone noticed? And the constant, hectoring ridicule of this "host".

Fair and Balanced. It is, as Bugs would say, to laugh.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
here's a link to the video on Google video...

video.google.com...

and a few more links...

www.prisonplanet.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That segment was such a joke. Mancow and O'Reilly should get together sometime.

Kudos to Kevin Smith for a job well done.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
That segment was such a joke. Mancow and O'Reilly should get together sometime.

Kudos to Kevin Smith for a job well done.

Exactly..

Mancow is a desperate shill and you can tell what 'demographic' 'they' are going after. SAD.. really sad.

The thing that really irked me is when they accused Kevin of "making money" off of 911. What loosers to say that considering they are peddling the book from OJ Simpson "If I did It". FOX and their moron mancow are the ones that only care about money.

Oh well.. this little segment only helped Kevin Smith and the cause.

Kevin Smith trumps mancow.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
it appears google pulled the video from the link i posted earlier...

here is another link in case you haven't had a chance to see it yet...

video.google.com...

[edit on 20 11Nov 06 by m3rlz]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join