It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax Found ....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
in scottish borders news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It's all tied to the death of a man that made drums... The likely source was from animal hides

see link to related story
news.bbc.co.uk...

Traces of anthrax were found on animal skins used in drum making at a Northumberland property last month.

Further inquiries led experts to the Smailholm property. Experts said there was "no increased risk to the public".

People tend to forget that Anthax is also a naturally occuring organism

en.wikipedia.org...

"Anthrax is an acute infectious disease caused by the bacteria Bacillus anthracis and is highly lethal in some forms. Anthrax most commonly occurs in wild and domestic ruminants, but it can also occur in humans when they are exposed to infected animals, tissue from infected animals, or high density of anthrax spores. There are no known cases of infection in humans resulting from direct contact with a diseased person. The word anthrax is derived from the Greek word anthrakis, or "coal", in reference to the black skin lesions victims develop."

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here we go again

U.S. government population extermination part 3785036363278495967

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey DICKbinbush did i say anything about U.S extermination eh am just saying anthrax was found thats all ! ! !

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The same thing happened here in NY. Guy also had something to do with Animal skins from South Africa.

Its a naturally occurring virus. They didn't take proper precautions handling the skins.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human87
Hey DICKbinbush did i say anything about U.S extermination eh am just saying anthrax was found thats all ! ! !

What the hell crawled up your ass? I added in the U.S. extermination part as a joke. If you don't get the joke, that's not my problem. Settle the hell down.

Jesus christ..

Some people take things too seriously. Too much sensitivity in this screwed up world. Get your little panties un-bundled and relax for a change.

[edit on 11/18/2006 by DickBinBush]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Smart A$$ dont tell me to settle Down and what you all about (relax for a change) YOU dont no me am relaxed all the time ! ! ! we dont need stupid little Joke comments like that here if you aint got anything decent to add to the topic dont add anything its people like you who screw forums up .

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Human87]

[edit on 18-11-2006 by Human87]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I suggest both of you settle down, and edit your posts to a more civil manner. Don't post when you're angry, but rather wait till you can think clearly again. Name calling here is not going to get you anywhere except to the warning bin by a Mod and a loss of points.

The strain of anthrax the police found from that man's shop was most likely destroyed, so I don't see it as being a danger to the public anymore. In all of the years the gentleman worked on drums, he should have taken better precautions with the skins.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Minimizing Infection

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I suggest both of you settle down, and edit your posts to a more civil manner.

I second that emotion.

Let's remember that courtesy is mandatory and that all members are welcome to express their opinions on the topic without fear of abuse or retribution for doing so.

And besides, in this case it's just a little anthrax.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have every right to make my "U.S. extermination" comment. If I can't, then clearly there is some type of censorship or violation of freedom of speech at ATS. If I can't make my opinions known and show my dis-like for the U.S. government, then what is the point of this website? Am I supposed to post things that please everybody? Am I supposed to tell all you mods what you want to hear? Don't make a website where debates are expected, and even encouraged, if both sides can't give an argument, because, as you may or may not know, a "debate" must consist of opposing viewpoints. Go look it up and get back with me. Until then, stop telling me what I can and can't say at certain times.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, maybe your "here we go again" rolly-eye'd U.S.-centric post torqued him off because it doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

Just an observation.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You said it was a Joke in the first place are jokes needed in this part of ATS !!! now yer saying it is a comment and i no what a ''debate'' consist of, listen DICKbinbush you started all of this with adding yer little so called joke, WHY add a joke to a anthrax topic Hu ??????

Here we go again

U.S. government population extermination ( You thinks thats Funny do you )

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You said it was a Joke in the first place are jokes needed in this part of ATS !!! now yer saying it is a comment and i no what a ''debate'' consist of, listen DICKbinbush you started all of this with adding yer little so called joke, WHY add a joke to a anthrax topic Hu ??????

Here we go again

U.S. government population extermination ( You thinks thats Funny do you )

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Human,

You still need to settle down. I'd like to point out you through up a link to a news article and then didn't even comment on why or what you wanted to discuss. That pretty much leaves it open to anything. While I understand your irritation at a trivializing comment, I'd urge you to put as much effort into directing the discussion along the lines of whatever you wanted to discuss about this situation versus acting like some one just cut your left nut off.

Really - it is just electrons on a screen at this point.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I just put up a link so folkes could check it out thats all ! !

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Well, maybe your "here we go again" rolly-eye'd U.S.-centric post torqued him off because it doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

Just an observation.

It doesn't?

How about we leave it up to me to decide if it had something to do with the topic or not, because, after all, I was the one that typed it.

I said "here we go again" because Anthrax has re-surfaced. Is this offensive in some way that I'm un-aware of? Is this off-topic? Hmm.."here we go again"..is this a forbidden statement here on ATS? Maybe everything I'm saying right now is illegal too.

Now, second part of my post..

What exactly is wrong with my U.S. extermination comment/joke? Is this offensive in some way? Or is it I'm not allowed to state my views of our government? Should I keep it to myself from now on? If that's the case, this is a wonderful form of freedom of speech. I guess I'm no longer allowed to doubt, call out, or insult our government anymore.

So, let's recap shall we?

"Here we go again" referring to the re-surfacing of Anthrax, and a U.S. extermination comment implying they were involved in the first anthrax attack, they've been involved in many diseases, attacks, and disasters around the world to exterminate the populations of those areas infected, while also implying that I believe there are future attacks of all forms coming soon. Wow, yeah, I can totally see how that's so offensive to people on this board and it's so off topic. Whew, thank you Human87 for showing me the true path to censorship and total hush up of personal beliefs and opinions towards the United States government. In the future I will try and avoid speaking for myself and instead, type what you want to read. Sound good? Truce? Ok then. Goodbye.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
"It Used To Be About The Anthrax, Man!"

Maybe I'm naive, but I truly believe in my heart of hearts that it's possible to discuss this topic without getting all emo.

Regarding that, and offering my own personal opinion, it looks to me like this is probably what it seems to be: a case of naturally-occurring anthrax causing the death of a man near Hawick and contamination in Northumberland and The Borders.

Could it be terrorism related? Possibly -- and this is ATS after all.

Regardless of the actual cause of this outbreak, I think we'll all be much happier if we focus more on The Mystery of the Smailholm Anthrax and less on each other.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Regarding that, and offering my own personal opinion, it looks to me like this is probably what it seems to be: a case of naturally-occurring anthrax causing the death of a man near Hawick and contamination in Northumberland and The Borders.

Could it be terrorism related? Possibly -- and this is ATS after all.

He he...there is nothing but sheep around around here, so my guess is that it is naturally occuring. Besides, I would have thought that suspicious looking gentlemen of an Eastern appearance would stick out like a sore thumb amongst the local population. There aren't many, shall we say, 'non-natives' around here.

Unless the CIA have taken to spicing up the local haggis supplies!

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Listen DICKbinbush you came in with the JOKE ok, now you mabay not see that as being a piss take but i do ok, anthrax aint a laughing matter, Now the guy who died (Christopher "Pascal" Norris) could have been my dad or uncle or brother for all you no i dont think its nice to come in with a joke like that plus the thought of U,S,A getting Exterminated (i have relations there) aint to nice ! ! !

[edit on 19-11-2006 by Human87]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I was working in a building the other day (plumbing) and had to go through a laboratory to get to the water shut off. Me being so interested in chemistry had to ask what they were working on. One of the scientist said that they were working on a cure for Anthrax. Now this dissettled me for the fact that there was Anthrax in the building. This also made me feel good to the fact that these scientist were working on a cure for Anthrax.

Just a tid bit of info, chew on it , see how it tastes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join