It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soul does not exist (note to Mods at beginning)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

I have done an experiment with tomato plants. I did this because I was taught that plants are living creatures and living creatures are living because of vital functions. I study electronics and, I tell you, if the definition of "alive" is "capable of doing vital functions", robots could be alive.

So I said NOO, I can't create a living creature. So I redefined "life" as "soul" and "living creature" as a body that has a soul. So, how am I going to confirm plants are living creatures with this definition? Well, this is what I did:

The soul is belived to be independent of the body. As it connect to the world, it should be cappable to receive information from another soul or things of the world and hopefully react to it. I planted 13 plants. The 13th died (so funny), and I named them after they had about 5 leaves. I named them depending on the way I found them that day: Big, Medium, Mudmal (it was very dirty), and so on. I named none "small" or anything negative. I was very jealous with my plants: I cheched them every day and even scolded the bugs that stuck on them before killing them. Harvest time came, and Big gave big tomatoes, medium medium tomatoes, Mudmal strange tomatoes (they looked like clown shoes) and so on. Note that the only ones with names according to sizes were medium and large, but all seemed to respond. Let's say that doesn't proof anything, ok?

I was commanded to kill my beloved plants to plant some more after harvest time was over. I cried over them, but an order is an order. We planter more plants, but then I was resented and didn't name any. What for? I would have to kill them later! So we had no harvest that year, even though the plants did grow. That proves nothing, ok?

So now we planted again more tomatoes than ever before. After planting, they all were watered excepting for 7 special ones that I reserved for my ends. I named them instead, this time also before they were born. I named them mentally and went to greet them every day just looking at them, careful not to breath on them. The others were regularly watered, mine never watered ecxepting for the days it rained. Mine were the furst to be born, the strongest and they ALL were born. From all the others only about 8 (from about 30) were born. Their names? The have names of some saints (I wonder what kind of tomatoes will I harvest?) as they were 7 (a beautiful number) and were only fed from the water that comes from the sky (the heavens fed them!). We can still say this proves nothing, but so far the score is perfect. I'll keep planting until I can say it proves something. For now, is a very interestnig fact.

I'm planning an experiment with the tomatoes, but maybe you can help me by doing it? As the plants are flowering, but harvest time is kinde far... this is it: take 2 tomatoes and look at one every day with dislike, thinking about bad things it doesn't even have. Just hate it. Do the opposite with another tomato. Idealize it. The second tomato should last a lot more. Maybe then repeating the experiment could proove something about life and souls. See ya! Answer me please!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Not really looking at it from a religious point of view.

This is more from an inventor point of view. Let say you were tasked to build a transporter type of thing. It might be thinkable to move a set of complex molecules from one place to the other. Lets say an element no lets make it a rock, something a little more compounded. SO zip! it dissolves, brakes down into whatever.... then transported to somewhere else far away. I can wrap my head around that.

( ...Skips the whole organic evolution experiments and lands to begin at humans )

I can even see the breaking down the human part and moving it from one point to the other. But how does the mind travel? Seem like the two couldn't go together as one unit... The biological part and the electric energy in the brain. So that leads my to believe that you do in fact have to separate entities with in you..

Maybe not. If I knew the answer to that I would start my own transportation company. ha

It's just a mental exercise I run...

Then does everything that produces biological energy have a soul? Buzz kill

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I believe there is a soul.
Google "soul" and "informational construct", I like that theory.

Apparently its the most subtle energy? creator energy? which holds limitless amounts of experience.

I kinda feel like soul energy which is so suble and exists on another plane of energy that we cannot detect is kinda like DNA but like 'invisable DNA'.

But most definitely the whole concept is totally lacking in evidence.

And its a pretty serious topic whether we have a soul or not.

The ambiguity is kinda painful.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by MyProblemWithEvil]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good rant OP.

A soul can be taken as so many things, it's really all about perspective. It's more of your life force than anything. That life force is energy, and since energy cannot be created nor destroyed....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Show me one person who rose from the dead,
reply to post by dAlen

Burns my azz to be late to a good thread like this. SnFs are low but not because of me. Maybe you've seen this. No evidence of it that I could find.

Jesus said; "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believeth on him who sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24

[edit on 16-6-2010 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join