It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to move beyond lurking...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Greetings and salutations!

I'm stoptheaglets, long time lurker and new member of ATS.

My interest are secret societies, poltical conspiracy, journalism, cointelpro, politics, and other general paranoia topics. Other than that, I enjoy reading and writing.

Beyond my introduction, I am looking for advice. Where is the best area for a noob like myself to contribute to the ATS community?

Feedback is appreciated.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The ATS Freshman's Forum provides a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

[edit on 2006/11/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS stoptheaglets.
Cool Rorschach avatar

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
signature
"The tips of the end of shoelaces are called aglets--their true purpose...is sinister."

In defense of aglets: Have you ever tried lacing up a pair of shoes without a decent aglet on the tip? The frayed ends don't go thru the eyelets so easily, ya know.

Tip: Fix it with a bit of tape and you're all set to boogie all over again.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hey there stoptheaglets, welcome to Above Top Secret.

Dallas

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey stoptheaglets and welcome

I hope you have a long and joyful stay here

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

====

-----------

If you feel you have any questions visit my thread
Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....this is Zedds great link book for ATS use
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me
You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

OR

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

want to change your password to something you remember? lookin the member center, there you can edit your profile and password

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Everyone, thank you for the warm welcomes.

GradyPhilpott,

Thank you for the links, programs, and advice! The social issues board looks interesting, and I think it looks like a great place to start. Hope to see you there!

Umbrax,
You don't have a bad avatar yourself. Good to see someone else that has read Watchmen, my favorite graphic novel.

And psyopswatcher,

In defense of aglets: Have you ever tried lacing up a pair of shoes without a decent aglet on the tip? The frayed ends don't go thru the eyelets so easily, ya know.

That is why I wear sandals.

Let me explain. It's a quote from The Question, my favorite comic book super hero. As far as I know, he is the only conspiracy theorist superhero besides Rorschach, the guy in my avatar. One of the The Question's less serious beliefs was that the aglets on the ends of shoelaces contained microchip tags. Since this is ATS, I found it a appropiate signature.

Thank You.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by stoptheaglets]

[edit on 17-11-2006 by stoptheaglets]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoptheaglets
It's a quote from The Question, my favorite comic book super hero. As far as I know, he is the only conspiracy theorist superhero besides Rorschach

Naturally, Rorschach is based on The Question.

We also have a Comics forum if you want to check it out.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Hello there, Stoptheaglets. We appear to be of a kindred nature (or at least share excellent tastes)

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stoptheaglets

And psyopswatcher,

That is why I wear sandals.

Let me explain. It's a quote from The Question, my favorite comic book super hero. As far as I know, he is the only conspiracy theorist superhero besides Rorschach, the guy in my avatar. One of the The Question's less serious beliefs was that the aglets on the ends of shoelaces contained microchip tags. Since this is ATS, I found it a appropiate signature.

Thank You.

I haven't looked at a comic book in about 35 years.

Thank you for the explanation though. Thought maybe it was going to remain a mystery. That little paranoira can be fixed easily enough--snip them off, then repair with a piece of regular scotch tape. Saved many a lace from hitting the dustbin with that little household trick.

Here's my big beef: If they can chip a stupid shoelace, what about gun shipments to Iraq?

Now if you're lucky enough to enjoy a climate that allows sandals. Ever try Crocs?

Edit to add:

Oh oh... even some Crocs come with laces!

All Terrain

• water resistant leather upper with laces to provide a snug fit.

...gotta have that snug fit.

[edit on 22-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hello & welcome,if you’re interested in getting to know the Human Brain you can check out the Human Brain Research Project here www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... -questions of the brain

[edit on 9-12-2006 by asala]

new topics

top topics

join