It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I hate Iraqis, rape accused tells military court

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Old photo of murdered Iraqi girl.





One of four US soldiers accused of raping a 14-year-old Iraqi girl showed little remorse, and even smiled during a confession to charges he conspired to kill her and her family.

Even before the hearing at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, to announce a plea agreement, Spc James Barker, 23, slapped hands with other soldiers and grinned as he smoked a cigarette in the rain. A bailiff scolded him.

And when he described for the judge the assault in his own words, he gave vivid details of the rape with deadpan delivery.

"That’s pretty much all I have to say," Barker muttered with a shrug after describing raping the screaming girl.

Barker agreed to plead guilty to the charges to avoid the death penalty, his civilian lawyer David Sheldon said. The agreement requires him to testify against three other soldiers and a former US Army private also accused in the March 12 attack in Mahmoudiya, 20 miles south of Baghdad.

At one point, the military judge presiding over the case, Lt Col Richard Anderson, asked Barker why he had decided with other soldiers to commit the rape and murders.

"I hated Iraqis, your honour," Barker answered. "They can smile at you, then shoot you in your face without even thinking about it."

LINK



It is true that even the smiling waving iraqies are more than likely resistance fighters in disguise.
But the irony, that this raping murdering devil would talk about others people killing without thinking about it, is astounding to say the least.

Well, this is war everyone. This has been the truth about war and occupation since the beginning of time.
Don't let anyone tell you differently or paint you another picture. There is no nobility and no good out of what is a heinous crime to begin with.



[edit on 17-11-2006 by Syrian Sister]

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Syrian Sister]

[edit: fixed broken link]

[edit on 11/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]




posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What should we expect from young impressionable children that get shipped off to war to learn how to kill. It is disgusting, yet the military should take into consideraration soldiers mental condition on a weekly basis. Where were these kids superiors?

AAC



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So your saying, this can be justified on some level?

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Syrian Sister]



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sounds like something his lawyer told him to say. It sets up an appeal on the basis of mental defect. I've said before that If cases of atrocities do exist and this one obviously does that I favor severe punishment. I think in this case a life sentence is too light. I believe that this guy agreed to testify for the Prosecution thinking that he would get a lighter sentence. I don't buy the "I hate Iraqis" bit.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
put 2 people in a room for long enough, they'll grow fond of each other.
put soilders in a war long enough.. they'll do unbelieveable things.


Your troops are coming home, from an atmosphere of being ordered to murder and maime a nations people. Enjoy it , these are your liberators.

This attrocity got out.. how many more do you believe the army hides?
Where are the 'horrific' abugrahib photos you refuse to allow the media to show?

this war is not just!



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
this war is not just!



Never heard of a just war. Describe how a just war should be please.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
put 2 people in a room for long enough, they'll grow fond of each other.
put soilders in a war long enough.. they'll do unbelieveable things.


Your troops are coming home, from an atmosphere of being ordered to murder and maime a nations people. Enjoy it , these are your liberators.

This attrocity got out.. how many more do you believe the army hides?
Where are the 'horrific' abugrahib photos you refuse to allow the media to show?

this war is not just!



Why don't you just can the anti-US bull#. Look back through history something like this has happened every time there has ever been a war. So get off of your high horse and face reality. Like it or not atrocities are a part of war, plain and simple. You may not like it, I don't like it but it is a fact. Since you use the term "Your troops" I can safely assume that you are not from the US. How about telling us what country you are from and then we will take a look at "Your troops" behavior.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
And these soldiers never smiled, hooted, or laughed as they were playing their war video games growing up?

Rape is about control. And when it came face-to-face, this was the only sense of control they had.

And then they say they are a Defense agency?



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Sounds like something his lawyer told him to say. It sets up an appeal on the basis of mental defect. I've said before that If cases of atrocities do exist and this one obviously does that I favor severe punishment. I think in this case a life sentence is too light. I believe that this guy agreed to testify for the Prosecution thinking that he would get a lighter sentence. I don't buy the "I hate Iraqis" bit.


Jim, his lighter sentence was Life. Down from the Death Penalty.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499


Why don't you just can the anti-US bull#. Look back through history something like this has happened every time there has ever been a war. So get off of your high horse and face reality. Like it or not atrocities are a part of war, plain and simple. You may not like it, I don't like it but it is a fact. Since you use the term "Your troops" I can safely assume that you are not from the US. How about telling us what country you are from and then we will take a look at "Your troops" behavior.


Don't expect Agit8dChop to say anything other than anti-US things. It gets quite annoying. Ignore is your friend.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
My assumption is that this soldier probably had some of his friends killed by Iraqis and made him seek out revenge. And I'm surprised no one has mentioned any background information about that girl's family or what may have been the actual cause to provoke such an act by Barker. He was and is mentally ill and should have made an insanity plea. It disturbs me to see our soldiers thrown in jail like that without considering the cirumstances they were in. I'm certain the Iraqis behave much worse.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
My assumption is that this soldier probably had some of his friends killed by Iraqis and made him seek out revenge.


So because some soldiers that he may have known were killed in a war, it is ok for other soldiers to murder an entire family, then gang rape a 14 yr old girl and then kill her?



And I'm surprised no one has mentioned any background information about that girl's family or what may have been the actual cause to provoke such an act by Barker.


There is lots of information. Go out and look for it. It was covered all over the net when the story come out a few months ago.



He was and is mentally ill and should have made an insanity plea.

And you know this how? Because he is not Muslim, he must be mentally unstable to do something so horrendus?



It disturbs me to see our soldiers thrown in jail like that without considering the cirumstances they were in.


It is not the Iraqi's people's NOR that 14 year old girls fault that these soldiers are in the situation they are in now. That does not exuse them from rape and murder of civilian families.



I'm certain the Iraqis behave much worse.


That has nothing to do with what happened here.

[edit on 11/17/2006 by pstiffy]



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
For the second time in quick succession, I am sickened by the attempts by some people on this forum to justify the unjustifiable. "Oh, the poor soldier! It was so hard for him! And he's mentally ill!"

He shouldn't have been there in the first place, as the war was unjustifiable and illegal.

Not only is he responsible, but according to the Nuremberg conventions (I'm quoting from memory here, so I may be a tad adrift on the exact words) "unprovoked invasion is the worst war crime of all, as it contains within it the seeds of all other crimes."

Therefore his commander-in-chief is responsible for sending his troops to invade a sovreign country and is, ultimately, responsible for what happened.

There are no words to convey my contempt for anyone who would try to excuse this atrocity.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Time to move along this is just another thread put here so one can bash Americans or British.

Why is it they never bring up all the Rapes in Pakistan by Pakistan's or by Afghans in Afghanistan?

Better yet what about all The rapes done by the UN in Africa?

Nuff said



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Or bring up the rapes and murders committed by Iraqis against each other. I bet these anti-american folks here would be trying to justify their actions, just as long as it's not an American that did it. What a joke.



posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Please use the existing thread for discussion

14 year old Iraqi girl gang raped by 3 US soldiers

Thread closed



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join