It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why the Iraqis hate us.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This video isn't new. It was out ages ago and some of the soldiers involved were court-martialled for their involvement in it.

Link

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thixotrophy
Usually stuff like this dosent really get to me. But wow, hearing the psychopath behind the camera sent chills up my spine.
So these are the people we are letting into the army nowadays? Which raises another question, how violent are these people coming out?

You need to be a little bit nuts to want to be a soldier in the first place. Then they teach you to be agressive and how to kill. The problem with Iraq isn't that the soldiers are there, it's that they're trained to kill but now they have to be a police force. IMHO they should transfer proper police to the country. Hopefully not LAPD though....

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Here I thought they hated you because its obvious you lied your way into occupying their country.
Much like the nazi's did of Chezq and Poland.

Here I thought they hated you because of your rape and torture..

Here I thought they hated you because you seem to bomb endless amounts of civilians.. and pass them off as unfortunate collateral damage for your illegial war.

But sorry for being mistaken.
obvioulsy they hate you because you gave some young thug a beating.

how was i so stupid.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Winning HEARTS and MINDS the old Imperial Way.

The British Imperial Stormtroopers are LOVED everywhere they go.

The People of Iraq are just so pleased that they throw roses at them!

I mean, how could you not LOVE this kind of Liberators?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfoo
One person said "let them come over here"! Has this person forgotten that they have come over here? And when they did they took the lives of over 3000 innocent ppl?!

We take the fight to them. Not the other way around. We all 'should' know just how that turns out.

Right, I did say that. And if you read the whole post, I clearly stated that I am not sold on the idea that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11.

I do not know all the facts of the WTC event, and therefore I refuse to make any conclusions and toss stones of guilt!

And, again, like I said in my post.. we took the fight to Vietnam, with the enemy hiding everywhere. We did not win that one because we were on their land. No matter how well and good our intentions are, we are not entirely welcome.

And yes, we 'should' all know how it turns out because we've pulled this crap before and LOST

Tell, me - why are we there?
In the idea of freedom?
Profit?
Oil?

No one knows anymore. Everyone that I talk to irl says we shouldn't be there.. And yet we persist.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by Diseria

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I don't see what is wrong with the video.

Had these been police officers in a western country I would be appalled. In a war zone? .. Wow.

Please.. enlighten me: what is the difference, exactly?

umm..because they usually shoot these people? how is beating someone worse than killing them?

Because the kids usually shoot at the soldiers? .... or vice versa? ... both?
because the criminals usually shoot at the officers? .... or vice versa? ... both?
Who, exactly, are 'they' and 'these'?

How is beating worse than killing.. I shall ponder this outloud.

Normally, it's not. If out on the street, I'd rather be beaten than killed. At least I'm given a chance to live and maybe learn something from the event.

However, in this situation - say I'm the kid and you're the soldier. You beat the ever living crap out of me, but leave me living, even let me go. Chances are, I'm gonna come back with more than rocks, wanting more than to cause some commotion.

By beating, no meaningful values or priniciples or anything like that are being instilled -- but rather fear and hatred, a complete lack of respect.

Moreover, the behavior (read: throwing rocks at the walls/soldiers in the first place) is being re-inforced with a new vigor. Now, the parents might join in to avenge their son.. the son's friends, et cetera et cetera.

Are you saying that because this is war, it does not matter what is done to the enemy? That morals are thrown out the window in light of this bestial bloodlust -- and that that is okay??

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yea, this is just the videos they allow us to see, there are so many videos out there which expose the TRUE criminality of the Occupational Forces. Discusting! Dont blame them for fighting you, if you are gonna go and cluster bomb fleeing families, or rape torture and kill little 10 year old girls and BOYS...

Dispicable. These monsters should be tried and sent to jail for life. The fools who are in the military or support the military should be given a crash course on REALITY, and why they are there fighting in the first place. HOW CAN ANYONE SUPPORT WAR, IS BEYOND ME! Bunch of ignorant buffoons. (please excuse me if your ego is offended by that term, I am just sick of seeing these things happen, even though it happened long ago, and they only show us the videos they want, there are atrocities happening EVERY SINGLE DAY in Iraq, and its the ignorance that keeps it going. You really think Bush even entertains the thought of withdrawing troops? Get real)

[edit on 21-11-2006 by LightWorker13]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another video that speaks for itself:

How Far Will An Iraqi Kid Run For Water?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
They hate us because we are not from there and are runnig their country.
How would you feel if Iraqis where over here telling you what to do and running the show? Humiliated/Mad

I dont thing the video is that shocking really. These guys are in a war. What do you expect from them? THey see the worst side of the Iraqis and know they hate them. Not to mention the stress they are under. America always gets shocked when something like this comes up, like our troops do nothing wrong. You place some men in combat and people are going to snap.

At least they didnt shoot them and we are a pretty nice occupier. We could be like the Romans and kill whole villages. It would put down the revolt pretty quick.

Now I know all tihs war and stuff is evil and I dont condone it but Im not surprised about this and think it is normal in war.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Maybe the stone-throwers should think about their actions before they follow through on them. If they want to act like animals then they risk the ire of the intended targets.

No sympathy here.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So throwing stones at enemy soldiers that attacked and invaded your country consititutes "acting like animals"? Personally I think it demonstrates a lot of courage, if not a lot of tactical sense...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It's not courageous. It's asinine and shows a complete lack of foresight.

Sort of like that moron who decided we needed to murder Iraqis in the first place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join