It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Cave Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Virtual Cave - it lets you do some virtual spelunking in caves of 4 different formation/types. The website owner has 30 years of experience and the website is based on his own photographs of caves he has explored - it has lots of information, too!

Really cool!
Check it out!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Pretty cool. I've done a fair amount of spelunking in my day. Southern Indiana's got a good number of limestone caves. When I was in college, we used to go to remote caves posted with "Keep Out", "Danger", "Don't even THINK about coming in here", etc. Some of the dumber stuff I'm lucky to have survived.

When my wife was (very) pregnant with our daughter (who'll be 16 a week from tomorrow), I took her to Mammoth Cave. I'm still getting grief about that.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I figure you've got about 16 more years, then. It's just a mom thing.

I live 20 miles from the Carlsbad Caverns and Lechugilla Cave...I used to work at the restaurant above in the Visitor's center...there are many caves around here...hidden caves and there are stories of some of the gold Geronimo hid away being very close in the foothills around here.

The area where I live is extremely full of mysteries and secrets! I love it! I'm not much of a spelunker due to claustrophobia - as long as I don't have to stoop over for more than 3 or 4 feet I am game. I can ascend with prussiks (the HARD way) and also have done some rappelling off cliffs, mostly, but once or twice in a cave. I can do Herculean feats with rope, better than anything else. Oh yeah, and pack and eat a backpacker's lunch...LOL

So - was I right about the colts? I was only guessing as I am sure you know. Still I've wondered about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes, you were. Still undefeated going into this Sunday's game with the Cowboys.

My prediction: The Colts will punish the Cowboys!

I'm not claustrophobic at all. To the contrary, I feel very secure in enclosed spaces. Now, swinging from a rope is a whole other story
I'm not a height guy.

Carlsbad Caverns is definitely on my list. Someday. I've never seen the Grand Canyon, either. I'd like to pack up the family and drive out there, but barring an unforseen significant change of circumstances, that ain't happenin'. For awhile.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you do go to the Grand Canyon - spend the little bit more that is required and fly over it! IT is AWESOME! That is the only way to really understand it's size and beauty!

I did and it was unforgettable!

If you come down to the cave, stop by and I'll show you around....really good stuff like Billy the Kid's true and actual untouched grave! (and he lived a long and happy life and did a lot of good for many of the poor people who came up from Mexico to work the fields....and NOT as 'brushy bill,' either!

Of course I will have to blindfold you, you know!
for Billy's sake, (may he continue to rest in peace and anonymity.)

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh, I can see how this would go:

"Honey? This is a woman I know from the Internet. She's gonna blindfold us now, 'k?"

Yeah, I'd get thrown out of a plane over the Grand Canyon.

If we managed a trip out there, I'd give you a heads-up, for sure.

new topics

top topics

join