It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush on vietnam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Is it just me or did Bush just say that had we stayed in Vietnem we could have won? Perhaps if he had gone to Vietnam we could have won? Is he trying to BS the American public again or did I miss some great eternal lesson of Americas intervention in Vietnams civil war?

There is an interesting article here about Johnson and Vietnam. It did him in just like Iraq will do to GW.

www.globalresearch.ca...

[edit on 17-11-2006 by polanksi]

[edit on 17-11-2006 by polanksi]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Haven't heard what Jr. said, but I did see a clip of Ted Koppel on tv last night doing Jon Stewart one better by remarking something along the lines of:

"Thirty-five years ago he tried to stay out of Vietnam, now he's going there to stay out of Washington."

I've been saying that (1st part) for a week now since I heard about the summit in Hanoi. And have been outraged ever since. He should be having nightmares about it--but those will come in their own good time.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Jr. ANG record speaks for itself.

And for a fair and balanced look at it now, here's an R's take on it from Congress:

This Congress Should Pass the Bipartisan Vietnam Trade Bill
November 15th, 2006

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Amazing, 1ST the WTO benefits the wealty and to say that not passing that legislation will have a negative impact on US workers is ludicrous. It also looks like once again something is being slipped in to the legislation at the last moment, although justy what I don't know.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We have southern Republicans trying to please their constituent shrimpers in direct competition with Vietnamese shrimpers. That's the holdup with this bill from what I can see.

Protecting American Jobs from Unfair Competition
November 15th, 2006

Then there's Intel moving chip operations offshore to Vietnam.

"This is a recognition by the international business community of Vietnam's integration into global society," Dung said. "This is a very young, hard-working, well-educated population, and also a very big market for investors."

Vietnam's information and communications technology industry is growing more than 20 percent annually and is valued at more than $800 million, according to figures from NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd.

source=AZCentral

Guess growing up under communism wasn't so awful after all? And fighting for democracy (which we now know was a farce) wasn't the right thing to do?

The Little Hypocrite's light shines on us all.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I just want one reporter at a news conference to ask the Little Hypocrite why he wasn't there 35 years ago helping destroy/liberate that country with the fancy aircraft he was trained to used in the TXANG. (because he couldn't be bothered to show up for training?)

And why the repeat performance in Iraq today, under his portentous rule.

Go ahead, get his goat.

new topics

top topics

join