It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Hi there,

I dont know if you guys think its lame, and go easy on me because im new.

But in september i went on a 'Ghost hunt'. Totally Skeptical, and thinking nothing was going to happen.

Well it was the most mind boggling experience of my life. I saw and heard things i never thought i would. Several 'Orbs', Things moving, Instruments being played, I saw my face change in a mirror (i think its called Scribing?), and we recorded a crstal clear EVP.

This stuff blew my mind and i came away a changed person.

Has anyone else had any experiences that has changed the way they view certain things??

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I had an experience that was life changing and was very similar to yours.

I took some mushrooms. Things moving, I looked in the mirror and it looked like my face was melting. Paintings came to life and it seemed like time stopped. People around me were turning into demons.

If I didn't know that I'd taken the drug that would have been one scary experience.
Did somebody make you a cup of tea before you went on this hunt?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Check out TV Shows like Ghost Hunters or Most Haunted and see how they go about it. Very Interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Westy6711
and we recorded a crstal clear EVP.

Can you get it uploaded for us to hear?

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Originally posted by Westy6711
and we recorded a crstal clear EVP.

Can you get it uploaded for us to hear?

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Denied]

What excatly is a EVP? ould someone please let me know?

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here you go.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Ah ok. So its like having a radio station on that plays nothing but static and hearing something like a voice on it? Very intresting..ya could you upload it for us I'd be intrested in hearing it.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When you talk about seeing your face changing in a mirror, that is completely unrelated to what you call "scribing." Unless I've missed something you are referring to Scrying which is a form of Divination. Through writing unconsciously you supposedly make yourself open to contact from other entities, and they take control of the pen, quill, chalk, whatever writing instrument you decide to use.

I will admit though, that does sound a bit sensational for your first hunt. I have been on a few and rarely find anything more than an occasional photography that could be interpreted as paranormal.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I go on ghost hunts.

I have never had a face change in the mirror. That's a new one for me. I haven't heard of it and I don't know what it's called.

There is the 'Bloody Mary' thing that school girls do. They stare into a mirror and scream 'Bloody Mary' a bunch of times.... summon a demon ... and then the girls faces change, or 'Bloody Mary' (really a demon) shows in the mirror, or the girls get scratched or bloody noses ....

Personally I don't like mirrors. I have only two - they are in the bathrooms in my home. I don't like them as decorations and when ever I visit my parents I hang a towel over the one on the wall in the guest room. I don't like them.

There is an old 'myth' (or truth) saying that mirrors are portals for spirits. Mirrors on outside walls of homes are portals for spirits from outside the home to enter into. Some of the 'myths' (or truths) say that they are portals also for evil from other dimensions.

I hate mirrors. Really. (someday I'll check my pscyhology books for mirror-phobias...
)

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's called catoptrophobia, hey it's a Saturday I'm bored and figured I'd look it up.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
It's called catoptrophobia,.

OMG! It's a real thing recognized by the shrinks?? HA! I really, really hate mirrors. I deal with the ones in our bathrooms because you have to - hair/makeup/etc ... but when I visit my parents (who have mirrors everywhere) I cover the ones in the guest room where we stay.

Catoptrophobia. WILD! Thanks for telling me that.

top topics

join