It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Unrest all Through Islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Today Tonga requested Australian & NZ troops to be sent to the Island due to civil unrest. This is just the latest in a long list of countries in this region that have had enough of their Government and being propped up by Australia due the them having had enough of their Western Flavoured Govt. = rort + kickback + corruption and they are finally revolting against their Politicians.

www.news.com.au...

Before that was a list of countries like Solomon Islands, Fiji, Timor to name a few but it seems to me that the people are upset at having to adopt the Western Capatalistic Greed concept and the usual sharing nationailities are being left with nothing but poverty as mining companies rip up the wealth through strip mining.

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end to this reality and we all end up moving into a Police State ?.

[edit on 17-11-2006 by mazzroth]

[edit on 17-11-2006 by mazzroth]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You expect them to let these mobs(right or wrong in their cause) to burn buildings and potentially cause harm to themselves and others? Get real!!! Just becasue you dont agree with something doesnt mean you can burn buildings and riot.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
LudaChris

Would you watch yourself live in poverty while Foreign corporations in collusion with your govt. raped and piledged your country and made huge wealth ? all the while you watch your kids grow up with nothing as the net worth of your natural resources is being taken away in a wholesale manner ?.

Ok so I am not in any way condoning some of the actions but what would you do ?

new topics

join