It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Ok, I've gotten pretty much everything at the ATS store. Are the points good for anything now other than U2u quota and uploading?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
could you explain the points system plz..somebody

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaileyTheSwitcher
could you explain the points system plz..somebody

You get points for posting in ATS or people replying to your topics. You can then use your points to get things at the ATS Store.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Store .wow . Thnx for the lightning fast reply Greenkoolaid

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Free lesson for nice guy:

Every post, including in BTS, is generally worth points (0, 1, 2, 4, 10 or 20). Some Forums are worth more than others. The Conspiracy-related Forums carry more points (20) per post, and when you start a good thread in them that other members post on, you will get 5 points for each of their posts when they reach a threshold.

Posting in Research (serious), Debate and Fiction (creative) Forums (by application to the Moderators in charge) carries more points still.

There are other means of gaining points including writing posts that are applauded by a Moderator (250 points) or responding to contests or incentives.

In a thread called "100,000 points" started by beergoggles in BTS you can see me break down how my first 100,000 points were accrued.

On what next?

William has mentioned that in future, at times, ATS points might be convertible to real consumer goods. But that is a way off yet.

I am half way to a goal that involves entry into a more super secret inner sanctum.

Points are really designed to reward quality of contribution, and not voluminous spamming or crap. I think in the not too distant future you will see more of that being demonstrated by reward and punishment (in a gentle but instructive way).

Admin & Mods, please fix anything I just said that you don't agree with.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Inner sanctum ? Wtf like for people with lots of points you mean?

That means im an Supern00b :p

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It is so secret not even Admin know about it yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
LMAO protoype. Good idea, like a place for higher levels of discussion. hmm Virtual Astral plane

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I actually liked the ATS level better than the points..

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
is there points for talking on bts yet?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
is there points for talking on bts yet?

Hmm..

No?

And hopefully there will not never be..

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Im saving my points for that Email account.
I could just post like thiers not tomorow, but that would be just plain senseless.
Deep

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The secret of the points system

scroll down

Ultra-Super-Above-Top Secret Info!

Anylize Interpret the news that CNN FOX and MSNBC

spoiler

On your day off work/school ect watch CNN all day....

Look up the news on cnn that they "brush off" because it doesn' have to do with propaghanda. You know what I mean. 1 minute headlines of very important news followed by some propaghanda crap.

Also SEARCH for previously posted topics...

Double posting results in loss of points I think??? and if your thread is moved to BTS or another category you lose points.

[Edited on 11-14-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
FULCRUM

There are points for posting on BTS Forums.

Use your observational powers. Check it out, man!

You cannot see points accruing because you cannot see your points there.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I moderate on a forum on the internet. We used to give points-per-post and in the end we had to get rid of it, people were just posting without point to get thier points up. If there was the offer of free merchandise, as has been mentioned, then I could see this happening here.

$0.02

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm currently negoitiating with an advertiser for ATS where we would get some interesting stuff that members can spend points on... just a teaser... don't ask me who... details coming soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
I actually liked the ATS level better than the points..

I disagree. I've become accustomed to the bells & whistles. Bring em on.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good on you Questor!

Great news William!

On the issue of posting for points' sake, the more handsomely rewarded Conspiracy Forums have Moderators who will be watching for any such tendency.

Some months ago the issue of valueless posts or incorrectly placed posts in those Forums being removed was actually raised. It just hasn't happened much as yet. I don't see that much of the "pointless" posts to secure "points" happening in the serious forums, at all, and it would take a vast amount of inanity/spam at BTS to raise any serious points total.

I really don't think ATS Points are going to be a problem, when people commit to the "mission" and Mods are trained to do their job. They are a good token reward system.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
I'm currently negoitiating with an advertiser for ATS where we would get some interesting stuff that members can spend points on... just a teaser... don't ask me who... details coming soon.

That would be really cool William and I bet you ATS growth would sore by at least another 10% +
How about hmmmm
9/11 deception money.... ooops wait anothe site already has that
infowars lol

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I liked the levels better aswell.
Maybe we could use both, points only be given out by moderaters the same way were given inside appreciations.
Deep

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join