It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great PS3 Riots of 2006

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
There are going to be no Supply shortages for the Wii.

I was at Best Buy today, and didn't see any boxes for it, I asked a best buy guy, and he said there all outta them....So appartently there is a supply issue.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
the wii is going to be restocked for black friday in america. yeah there will be shortages of the wii because its in high demand, but nintendo is working overtime to keep the supply flowing .

is sony going to restock anytime this year?

here is something u might enjoy murcielago. nexgenwars.com...

if nintendo sells 4 million wii before new years and sony sells 400,000 ps3 before new years , the wii is outselling the ps3 10-1. pwnage

:shk:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yes the PS3 is going to be restocked. They plan on doing it by next week as well, as far as how many units there will be, I don't know (how could i). The only reason the Wii is (according to you) pwning the PS3 is because they have way more available units. They have so many more units, because the amount of new technology is fairly limited, and it doesn't cost a lot to make.

The PS3 is loaded with new technology, and they are selling it for at least a $300 dollar loss on just the 20gig version. I would love to see somebody create an $800 to $1000 machine with millions put into R&D and then turn around and sell it for $500-$600.

I have played all three next gen consoles, and in my opinion the PS3 is the best. Although I do have to say that Gears Of War is an awesome game, and the Wii's controller is very innovative, the PS3 is the best imo.

[edit on 20/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7

The PS3 is loaded with new technology, and they are selling it for at least a $300 dollar loss on just the 20gig version. I would love to see somebody create an $800 to $1000 machine with millions put into R&D and then turn around and sell it for $500-$600.

this was pretty much a do or die choice. nobody would have bought a 1000 ps3. i think sony miscalculated the market and the driving force behind gaming this time around. nintendo threw them a curveball and their only response really is the sixaxis controller.

dont get me wrong , the ps3 is the meanest machine ever to hit a shelf at walmart, but its damn expensive tech. ps3 after taxes,650 . buy a game 710. xtra controller 750. dang i want another game 810. u get the idea. if that was my only choice for a gamming system , id turn to pirating like all my friends.

i imagine that sony will have to update the 6axis controller to have pointing abilities like the wii mote. i cant comprehend an better way to play a fps leaving the gaming industry. im talking about the wii remote.

Originally posted by 7Pan7cho7
The only reason the Wii is (according to you) pwning the PS3

if those numbers stand, and nintendo outsells the ps3 10 units to 1 that is absolute , complete, unarguable PWNAGE. think about it, you are not only outselling 10 -1 but your 10 all make a profit when the one is losing money.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So are you saying that anybody who buys a Wii is getting overcharged? Nintendo's console cost such a small amount to make that they can overcharge people for it, and the people will still think it's cheap? That's crazy, I guess enjoy your three overpriced Wiis then.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Meh.

All new consoles are not truely next gen. I do not know what Sony and Microsoft were thinking when they designed there consoles.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It always a good idea to wait a while before buying a new console that has entered the market that way you avoid any of the first run technical problems. Thats the only advantage this part of the world has there is usually a delay between the US release date and the release here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join