It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am One Happy Camper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Service Bulletin - Anacostia Bridge Temporarily Out of Service
Released: Nov 14, 2006

Please be advised that CSX Transportation is re-routing north- and south-bound traffic around the Anacostia Bridge in the Washington, D.C. area.

The re-routing is necessary due to issues with the bridge structure that were identified as part of the company's routine inspection and maintenance program. In addition to re-routing, we are working to restore limited service on the bridge itself as the longer-term repairs are made.

The re-routing process has begun and we will provide updates as the plans unfold. In the meantime, delays can be expected.

We are working to restore normal service as soon as possible. Our primary concern is the structural integrity and safe operation of the bridge. At this time, we anticipate that the structural repairs will take up to 30 days.

For more information, contact your customer service representative or call 1-877-ShipCSX (1-877-744-7279), option 5, then option 6.

CSX Press releas for November 14, 2006

CSX will be sending extra freight trains by my house until further notice. This is because of bridge repair that is desperately needed to the Anacostia Bridge around the Washington, D. C. area. Trains effected by this are the Q400 - Q401, Q411 - Q414 will be rerouted via Richmond, Virginia on the old RF&P mainline through Charleston and Huntington, West Virginia over the the C&O Mainline. This will be my opportunity to take some pics of them. I'll take the pics and post them on here if you guys want me to.

If I can, I will give the detail of the train symbol (train number), the engine numbers and designations and the direction travel. Due to the rerouting, the train numbers will be in the "R" category. That is CSX's designation for rerouted or "Extra" train.

[edit on 11/16/2006 by gimmefootball400]

[edit on 11/16/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I will get the pictures done once I get my timing on them down patented. I keep messing up on the pics some how.

join