It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company Names

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Alrighty, now most of you may not know this, but I intend to
start atleast one company when I've gotten the proper degrees
and financing, and being as every company needs a name,
I came up with names for all the different companies I'd like
to start.

So, here's the list and what they specialize in.

Blue Haze Energies [Energy]
Bionetik Technologies [Biotech]
Ionik AeroSpace [Aerospace]
Komara House [Publishing]
Io armanents [Weapons]
Ikonosphere Industries [Industrial]
I-Tech [Computer Technology]
IKoN Media [Entertainment media]
Aquias [Water]

The above names are copyright-pending names with joint
ownership by myself and the United Commonwealth.

So, the whole point of this thread is I'm interested in feedback,
are they7 good names, what would you think if you heard the
name of the company for the first time, that kind of stuff.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well, my friend, I'd scratch "I-Tech" off the line already because it is already a very well-known company... unless you're already in a joint JD-MBA program that I don't know about.

Other than that, good luck! I'd finish my MBA + whatever else you plan on getting first, though!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Well, my friend, I'd scratch "I-Tech" off the line already because it is already a very well-known company... unless you're already in a joint JD-MBA program that I don't know about.

Other than that, good luck! I'd finish my MBA + whatever else you plan on getting first, though!

See now that's the kind of thing I posted this for, it figures I-tech
was the only one I did'nt check on, I suppose I'll have to come
up with a new name.

Originally it was Iori Tech., but that's to conceided even for me.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, hey, "Iori Komei" is a very, very exotic name to people like myself in these parts! At least to me! before you mentioned it was your actual name I thought it was something very creative! (Not to offend your culture or anything, I really like it!) Best of luck, bud!

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Well, hey, "Iori Komei" is a very, very exotic name to people like myself in these parts! At least to me! before you mentioned it was your actual name I thought it was something very creative! (Not to offend your culture or anything, I really like it!) Best of luck, bud!

Well you would'nt be offending my culture, I mean I suppose
America has differeing cultures within it, but you'd be insulting
Japanese culture.

Actually, if you look at the majority of those, you do see the
link between them and my name.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I would like to modestly suggest that people who do not critically think about things will probably connect corporate names to something tangible that they can acquire or use or something like that, but people who do use their brains are not going to care one iota what your name is, but rather how good your services or product are.

I would rather buy a soft drink named "Crapola" than any name brand if it tasted better, was distributed well, and had a better competitive price. If you aren't serving consumers, I really don't think a catchy corporate name means nearly as much, unless of course it is for the benefit of the investors to remember where they stashed their nut for the winter.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't think it the least bit insulting. Many businesses have their name based on its founders, as well as, and I'm not being biased, several Japanese corporations. It would seem last names are more prominent there though, as I understand first names are not used formally. Anyway, these self-named corporations are big, and I mean big.

Merrill Lynch - One of the world's leading financial management and advisory companies, providing financial advice and investment banking services.
Martha Stewart
Pfizer - Largest pharmaceutical company in the world.
Kawasaki - Its most visible consumer product lines are its motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles, although the company and its subsidiaries also manufacture ships, industrial plants, tractors, trains, industrial robots and aerospace equipment (including military aircraft).
Johnson & Johnson
Suzuki

These are but a few.

I think Ioiri Komei would be an excellent name for a large corporation; holding many subsidiaries, it stands justified as a monument above all.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yeah, I did'nt even think about that, I get so use to hearing the
names of companies that I don't think about the companies being
named after there creators.

KomeiTech does have a nice ring to it, and I can't find any compa-
nies using the name, so I guess I'll just call it that now.

As for the larger corporate entity that owns all the other companies,
that would be called the Kpsara group.

new topics

top topics

join