It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what a load of crap..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I do not support this judge, but I find it unreal that he gets sacked for this, but Bush can say whatever the frock he wants about God in his speeches. What is up with that?

quote from article:
The Alabama chief justice who installed a monument bearing the Ten Commandments in the state's supreme court was dismissed yesterday. He had defied federal court orders to remove the monument, which violated the constitutional separation of church and state

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
What a pile of s**t. What differance does it make if it's there or not.
It's just like being in England where in some places you can't show the national flag as it upsets the ethnic minorities.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Quote mcoy:

It's just like being in England where in some places you can't show the national flag as it upsets the ethnic minorities.

Waht do you mean mcoy i live in the uk and i never heard of that?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I work for siemens and have to do a lot of site work. When we have been out on site we have been told more than once to take the flags down becaues it is upsetting other people on the sites.
Also in leicester the local council tried to stop the george cross's being put up outside of houses last summer as again it was upsetting some of the locals.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Welcome to the New Improved USA
Dont say or do anything... "anybody" may not like
As long as "anybody" is a Liberal

This Sucks

Vote to change the system

www.libertarian.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
- The man was an officer of the court, on the states payroll

- He continued to defy direct orders, as well as egg on disruptive protests

- That argument that the Country is founded on Christian beliefs holds no water

- Exclusive Judeo/Christian monuments in a court house, especially in the several ton category, makes sense to only the fundamentalist zealots

Tough shyte on him, he put his 'faith' ahead of his job & his superiors took him at his word. Now maybe if they sac Ashcroft they can be the new idiots hosting the 700 Club donation scams.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

- That argument that the Country is founded on Christian beliefs holds no water

Huh?

I didn't see any other religious group coming here at that time in droves.

What about all these wacky, archaic laws still on the books?

laws against: sodomy, same-sex marriage, working on the Sabbath, dancing, and so on and so forth.

If these men weren't Christian in some way, shape or form, where did these laws come from?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This reminds me of a Twilight Zone Movie i saw in the 80's about a man living in a society in which you monitored for your actions 24/7 and expected to 'behave' in an extroverted manner, so if you were the anti social type you were screwed. and if you didn't, you were 'branded' and thrown back into society, but were treated as one who did not exist. If anyone was caught talking to those who had been branded, they were also labelled. Censorship of one's ideas or thoughts has gone way too far.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This had nothing to do with him being a christian he's hyping his agenda. He was fired for disobeying a court order. He exhausted all his appeals, and he said # the law-I'm the law. Here he is being the highest judge in the state of Alabama, and refusing to obey the law he swore to uphold. Without adherence to the law there is chaos.

He made his bed now let him run for congress or some such thing where he won't get anything done either. No one is above the law. Justice is blind as bat. If you break the law you pay the toll, bottom line. We don't play favorites.

top topics

join